What could we get for Zeke?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, nothing. This shows the signs of a stare down and possible broken relationship and the other teams can just wait to see where this goes. The problem the Cowboys created for themselves was using that option before ascertaining where his head was at and then openly stating the intent to give him Gurley money. Now they're on the hook for 9M in 2020 because he will show up by the 10th game to make this 3M year count.

The problem is this has gone too public and shots fired in the media and yesterday in that pc, Booger tried to pull the tick out and they just dig in deeper. He has called out Elliott and the other two along with him as not being team friendly players.

The trade idea has the salary of 15M as problem #1 and the pick/player given up as the kicker.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
For the first time, I think a Zeke deal might not get done.

Jerry seems really irritated with him. And o don’t think Zeke or his agent will back down.

I was so jazzed to have the 4th pick in my fantasy draft this weekend. Now I have no idea what I’ll do with that pick.

If i were jerry, with all he did for zeke, i would be really pissed. Zeke should realise that without jj he may not have a career anymore.

Especially after the last comment of his agent i would trade this guy right away. I would look for a team with a good back who gained lets say 800 yds last year and doesnt need alot of reps to get into a gameflow. Give me him and a high 2nd and get rid of zeke.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
The Colts would be perfect for that scenario if Mack didnt pan out.

The Chiefs could go roughshod with Zeke instead of D Williams.

The Dolphins could really use Zeke to help their young QB.

The Bills may need a legit RB as well.

Would the Pats give us Sony and a pick? Brady and Zeke would be a sight to see.

GB, maybe Aaron Jones and a pick, to make a last run with Rodgers..doubtful

Hawks like Carson but Zeke and RS is nice.

Texans are also interesting,but they just got Duke.

The Skins and Snyder are crazy enough to pull the trigger and give us AP back.

Tampa has no one at RB and lots of money. They also have trouble selling out so Zeke could $$$

Not sure I have anymore remote possibilities. Fact is there are only a couple of these that may seriously consider sending us an offer. I highly doubt we move him this year.
Seattle likes Carson too much and he is cheap.

Reactions: CWR

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Colts would be perfect for that scenario if Mack didnt pan out.

That could be possible. They have the cap room to swing a big deal.

The Bills may need a legit RB as well.

They have McCoy, Gore, a nice draft pick in Singletary and ex-rugby player Christian Wade, who has been killing it. I don't think this is a potential landing spot.

Tampa has no one at RB and lots of money. They also have trouble selling out so Zeke could $$$
Cap room is a big deal with them too.

Honestly, most teams have their starting back and even though Elliott is better than almost all of them, do any of them want to pay for a player on his last strike?

I doubt I would.

Reactions: CWR

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Lets just go through all the teams that would be interested in Zeke:

Bills, Dolphins, Arizona, Lions, Bucs, Falcons

Instant SB favorites with Zeke:

Texans, Colts, Jags, KC, Vikings, Packers,

The Falcons wouldn't be interested as they don't have the cap room. There is already talk of Alex Mack and Mohammad Sanu being cap causalities next year.

A new deal is being worked on for Julio Jones, Keanu Neal - Deion Jones and Grady Jarrett just got extended. If anything they are looking at reducing cost at RB as Devonta Freeman may get cut after this year.

stinkface

Reaction score
It would be a number 1, but contingent on him accepting an offer from the new team before the trade was made. Its happened before, this isn't that hard. Jerry just needs to find a trader with cash.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The Falcons wouldn't be interested as they don't have the cap room. There is already talk of Alex Mack and Mohammad Sanu being cap causalities next year.

A new deal is being worked on for Julio Jones, Keanu Neal - Deion Jones and Grady Jarrett just got extended. If anything they are looking at reducing cost at RB as Devonta Freeman may get cut after this year.
I wouldn't mind if we traded for Freeman, if medically he is fine, and not for a 1st though 3rd.

GenoT

Reaction score
It would be a number 1, but contingent on him accepting an offer from the new team before the trade was made. Its happened before, this isn't that hard. Jerry just needs to find a trader with cash.

Zeke is holding out on a rookie contract with two years remaining. Considering the ongoing protracted negotiations, he’s likely asking for more than any other RB is currently making. He’s not going to lower his salary demands just so Jerry can facilitate a trade.

In order to fit your parameter, Zeke would have to break off negotiations with the Cowboys and begin anew with whatever fantasized yet-to-be-named trading partner might want him. More importantly, that team would obviously have to offer him more than what Jerry already has, in order to convince Zeke to accept their terms.

What’re you smoking...and can I have some?

JeffAtl

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if we traded for Freeman, if medically he is fine, and not for a 1st though 3rd.

I agree, but can't see how Atlanta could make that trade. They're wanting to shed RB costs, not increase it, so they'd probably be the ones asking for draft picks from the Cowboys.

Unfortunately, Zeke's contract demands are just too big for almost any team. The Bills are probably the best bet as they'd like to the publicity.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the first time, I think a Zeke deal might not get done.

Jerry seems really irritated with him. And o don’t think Zeke or his agent will back down.

I was so jazzed to have the 4th pick in my fantasy draft this weekend. Now I have no idea what I’ll do with that pick.
If PPR, Hopkins.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
38khzt.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Probably right.