What Cowboys/NFL injuries have you personally suffered before?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Hard to say. I remember some mornings waking to a strange woman in my bed.
And I don't know who she is or where she came from.

That's a concussion right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

What injuries have you had in common with a particular Cowboy?

I have had my ego hurt like Zeke. To the point where I dont want anyone else to succeed at my expense. Even if it means to the detriment of those around me and my cause. :thumbup:

dcstar

Reaction score
While playing the game of football? Separated/dislocated shoulder pulled back into place by the arm jerk and didn't miss a play...2 knee sprains...couple of concussions...grass was blue, sky was red etc and coach holds up two fingers...I say 3...he says how many...I say two...tells me "atta boy you're ok"...get back in there. Back in the days when you gutted it out and men were men and sheep were scared.

Not saying it was even remotely smart...just the way it was...old timers can relate.

Go Cowboys!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

Planters fasciitis. Latissimus tear . High ankle sprain. Groin, abdominal strain. Neuropathy. Carpal tunnel in both hands. Four pins in my lower back. I guess 65 years old I’ve been through a lot. Military and otherwise

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My dad was my coach. Walk it off and set the example. Until I could no longer walk and finally after a game was taken to a hospital. After x-rays they came out and asked how many previous breaks I have had. Told them a couple tweaks here and there. Found out about 3 previous breaks. Still lean to the right.
lol... my break happened in 1978. Guess what coach said? Walk it off.... dumb arse. I could have messed it up even worse. Dr. said my 8 year old little bones could have not set correctly and my foot would have stopped growing. Luckily, we have all gotten smarter when it comes to injuries, especially the NFL. I know a lot of us old guys want them playing injured... those days are mostly over. I was shocked Dalvin Cook played Thursday.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had a broken collarbone when I was 11 years old. I was going down a steep dirt road on my bicycle at a high rate of speed and hit a bump and wiped out. I landed on my shoulder. It felt like an electrical shock went through it. It was the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced. I ended up missing Boy Scout camp. It happened about a week before I was going to leave for camp. Had my arm in a sling for about six weeks. It really screwed up my summer.
The electric. And the burn pain is nothing worse. In my particular opinion.

coult44

Reaction score

I’ve had 4 shoulder surgeries dealing with labrums, RC’s, AC joints. Do concussions count? Had a few of them. Cracked Vertebrae way back in HS basketball. Right now dealing with a Knee that i am getting MRI on Monday. Hope it isn’t bad because this is ski season.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Broken arm in football, broken leg from falling off a deck while drunk, broken leg and peeled off skin from crashing a motorcycle trying to be Evil Knievel, broken back from water skiing, broken fingers and toes, and a broken heart from a fine woman from Laredo.

Mannix

Reaction score
I've been kleptomaniacal for years....have a VERY strong impulse to steal....usually money. Pretty sure that I originally caught it from Miles Austin....my symptoms got even worse coming into contact with Noah Brown.

JBond

Reaction score
Broken arm in football, broken leg from falling off a deck while drunk, broken leg and peeled off skin from crashing a motorcycle trying to be Evil Knievel, broken back from water skiing, broken fingers and toes, and a broken heart from a fine woman from Laredo.

We need to party together! Lol.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Ruptured c3-c4, severe narrowing of L5-S1, bruised cocyx when someone almost broke their shin over my butt, bruised heal bone, plenty of groin pulls and hamstring pulls, 2 months dizziness from being hit point blank in the head with the ball at high velocity. All playing soccer.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Forgot to add that I have had broken or cracked ribs 3-4 times I think. Couching, sneezing, laughing, etc is sooo painful.
Broken ribs are absolute hell. I forgot about my own rib breaks, must be the mind blocks it out because is so painful for so long.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Carpal tunnel syndrome from typing furiously over giving an obnoxious poster in here his comeuppance.
Ok, I am covering this up, it's really from excessively pleasuring myself, and yes it requires two hands.