What Cowboys/NFL injuries have you personally suffered before?

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I've had a complete reconstruction of my ankle....torn acl, dislocated my shoulder 7 times and 2 surgeries, 4 broken bones, 2 concussions...I think that's it....btw...ligament transplant and 3 screws in my ankle along with an 18 inch scar.....total of 7 surgeries

That is some solid work my friend.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Torn planter fasciitis in right foot. Broken bones in left hand. Left knee surgery. 13 pieces of titanium in spine (doubt any NFL player had this and returned to play, but Tiger Woods did).

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Torn planter fasciitis in right foot. Broken bones in left hand. Left knee surgery. 13 pieces of titanium in spine (doubt any NFL player had this and returned to play, but Tiger Woods did).

Oh yeah, multiple concussions and cataracts.

Reading this, I believe if not for CZ, the medical complex collapses years ago.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hyperextended my elbow almost the same way Gallimore did. In my case some big ol' offensive linemen fell on my arm while it was planted on the ground. They were horsing around after the play was over and I was getting up. My elbow bent backwards. It was ugly and very painful for a couple of days. But I was able to play in a week. I cannot understand what Gallimore did to his arm or why he missed 12 weeks.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Broken collar bone, torn R meniscus (surgery), torn R rotator cuff + torn R biceps tendon (surgery), torn L biceps tendon.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
My last game in college I suffered a rib fracture. Had minor ankle and knee sprains, rarely missed any playing time with those.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

What injuries have you had in common with a particular Cowboy?
I don't know about that, but I once lost an eyeball in a barfight.

I mean I lost the other guy's eyeball when the giant meathead plowed him and cracked his skull.
It, like, rolled under a table, or something...
It was dark!

exciter

Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

Spiral fracture in left leg in 2003, broke into 3 segments (almost identical to Daks except about 2” higher. Total 8 months recovery. Broke left ankle 2 years later, 3 1/2 months recovery. Sprained AC joint in shoulder. Plantar fasciitis several times. Broken clavicle in high school. Dislocated finger. Torn meniscus!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Dak broken leg injury. I broke both bones at the ankle and 1 bone was broken in 2 places. The breaks were complete displacement type breaks.

If you remember Dak looking at his ankle after the injury. I remember laying on the ground picking up may leg and my foot was just dangling.

Despite all of that, I got up and hopped back to my truck which was about 50 yards away and drove myself to the ER...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Si se puede crees si, ohala que is verdad, y entonces vosotros agui, con safo....just trying to throw some blessings out there...

JBond

Reaction score
Broken ankle in 4 places. Surgery required pins to hold it together. Was in a cast for 2 or 3 months that did not allow me to put any weight on the foot.
My dad was my coach. Walk it off and set the example. Until I could no longer walk and finally after a game was taken to a hospital. After x-rays they came out and asked how many previous breaks I have had. Told them a couple tweaks here and there. Found out about 3 previous breaks. Still lean to the right.

lockster

Reaction score

Mild plantar fasciitis, torn Achilles tendon, cracked ribs, cracked fingers, turf toe, calf muscle torn, hamstring slight year, high and low ankle sprains, torn knee cartilage or tendon tear, bone fragments or spur in front ankles , torn tendon front left ankle, cracked back vertebrae, bloodied nose, torn rotator cuff, herniated disc, heat exhaustion bad several times, dehydration, muscle cramps big time, bone bruises, breath knocked out. Word of advice, learn to swim laps daily and do hot and cold baths. Heals lots of injuries. :).