What Cowboys/NFL injuries have you personally suffered before?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bruised ribs, dislocated shoulder - (karate)
Hamstring pull, broken ankle - (softball)

Glad I got rehab for both the dislocation and the broken ankle. But I can feel the shoulder as I get older and though I got range back in my ankle, I can feel the scar tissue.

wecasa

Reaction score
Concussion. Guess I got a soft noggin.
Groin pull. Both. Same time. Not sure how that happens but it was not enjoyable.
Back spasms. Holy hell if you've had one of those I feel your pain. Dropped me to the foor.

Praxit

Reaction score
..my son at 3 yrs old threw down a chair and landed on my ankle. Developed Plantar fasciitis from it. 90% healed, but still lingers from time to time.

Its annoying pulling discomfort, underneath foot. Had to tape it from start, that helped.

Einstein

Reaction score
Let's see... sprained ankles, turf toe, MCL strain, broken ankle, separated shoulder, chipped bone in hand (floating), bruised ribs/lung, broken nose, chipped teeth, torn hamstring, pulled muscles in back, quad, and groin, nerve damage in toes, hairline fracture in wrist... I think that's all of them

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

What injuries have you had in common with a particular Cowboy?

Torn meniscus x2, torn ACL, dislocated shoulder, pulled hamstring, torn ligament in thumb and index finger (both on throwing hand) and planter facia.

Wow this really makes me sound like a wreck.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Torn MCL
Torn meniscus
Separated shoulder (same as Emmitt Smith)
Had ACDF surgery on my neck in June (same as Tyron I think)
Have a lower back surgery pending
Arthritis in both knees (getting another monovisc injection on Tuesday)
Pulled my left Miles Austin (hamstring)
Boxers fracture right hand, three times.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Tight muscles
Back Spasms
Reporting Overweight
Covid-19 (Currently in the protocol :()

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Reading this thread, I now notice how remarkable it was that Romo never had a single concussion in his career.

He had all kinds of other injuries. Aikman and Staubach each suffered over 10 concussions. But Romo managed to keep his brain intact.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Let's see... sprained ankles, turf toe, MCL strain, broken ankle, separated shoulder, chipped bone in hand (floating), bruised ribs/lung, broken nose, chipped teeth, torn hamstring, pulled muscles in back, quad, and groin, nerve damage in toes, hairline fracture in wrist... I think that's all of them

What are you guys DOING???

pitt33

Reaction score
Torn ACL’s from hoops. Never got them reconstructed. Took up golf. So glad I did.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
severely sprained ankle with torn tendons like Sequon Barkley earlier this year, the replay showed his foot turned completely over, made me remember mine I saw the sole of my sneaker which was freaky
Also had broken bones, torn meniscus.

HanD

Reaction score
tons of sprained ankles, shin splints, achilles, turf toe, sprained knees, pulled groins, pulled hammy, pulled quad, back spasms, rib subluxation/dislocations, shoulder sprains, hyper extended elbows, sprained fingers and wrists

csirl

Reaction score
Only lasting football injury is from a hyper-extended thumb. Tore all 3 main ligaments. Only ever got c.90% strength back (notice it opening jars). Tip of a fast thrown football hit the tip of my thumb and bent it back the wrong way.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Well I’ve **** myself before, as a kid, just as the Cowboys have done on numerous occasions. Lol!

Jarntt

Reaction score
I was once stabbed with a pair of scissors while sitting in a barber's chair...

I kid, I kid...

Dre11

Reaction score
Plantar fasciitis, fractured collarbone,ruptured patella, high ankle sprain and torn bicep.