What Cowboys really want is to win Super Bowl using this model

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We spend little, and the teams that have spent largely will have little success, causing them to gloat about themselves and how their way works.

The cowboys would love nothing more than to win the Superbowl this year using this model of team management. If/when we win the big game this year, this will be the way we go forward forever!! Other teams will thank us for this model of team building! Please give your thoughts

Flamma

Reaction score
We spend little, and the teams that have spent largely will have little success, causing them to gloat about themselves and how their way works.

The cowboys would love nothing more than to win the Superbowl this year using this model of team management. If/when we win the big game this year, this will be the way we go forward forever!! Other teams will thank us for this model of team building! Please give your thoughts
My thoughts are that you're joking with this post. You cannot be serious. If the Cowboys win the super bowl this year, I will use toilet water for everything I use water for. Instead of showers, I'll take baths using toilet water. Tacos, toilet water. Making coffee or tea will also utilize the bowl's liquid. My iced tea mix will also use toilet water. I'll even brush my teeth using toilet water to rinse.

I'm so certain that the Cowboys will not win the SB in the 2024 season, if I could bet someone using that as what I'd pay if I lost, they'd only have to pay me 10 bucks when I win. The easiest 10 bucks I'd ever win.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
My thoughts are that you're joking with this post. You cannot be serious. If the Cowboys win the super bowl this year, I will use toilet water for everything I use water for. Instead of showers, I'll take baths using toilet water. Tacos, toilet water. Making coffee or tea will also utilize the bowl's liquid. My iced tea mix will also use toilet water. I'll even brush my teeth using toilet water to rinse.

I'm so certain that the Cowboys will not win the SB in the 2024 season, if I could bet someone using that as what I'd pay if I lost, they'd only have to pay me 10 bucks when I win. The easiest 10 bucks I'd ever win.
if they believe why shouldn't we?????? Their model of not doing anything, is of the best thing I've ever seen. They have convinced me that this is the way to win, hell we've won 36 games over the last 3 years (they feel the need to keep telling us this), so the proof is in the pudding. Yes we've lost some players, but we have #11 and #4 and other guys coming back off of SEVERE injuries that can really help this team, i'm "excited" about our possibilities. I hope you filter that toilet water you'll be using!!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Other teams will thank us for this model of team building!
Let's see......
  • Lame-duck head coach
  • QB with a massive cap hit ( highest in the league )
  • QB will be free agent after the season if he's not extended
  • Most fans do not wanna extend QB at any price
  • Team is trying to replace 5-7 starters
  • Team currently ranked 32nd in free agent signing so far
  • The offseason is more Jerry/Stephen vs Dak/Todd than winning
  • Jerry and Stephen Jones are using the offseason more personally than building a winning team for the season.
  • Jerry and Stephen Jones refuse to structure contracts ( $40-50M) to sign free agents to replace lost starters
  • It is the first time they have gone into the draft with several opening positions AND no low-tier free agents signed to void drafting for need.
  • We two starters expecting to reset the market with their next contract at their positions
I'm sure I have missed a few other key factors to building a winning model for other teams as OP suggests.........(LOL)

You have started a lot of threads, some great, some good and some not-so-good but this one is silly. I don't mean to call you out but the idea of our off-season being a model for other teams makes no sense.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Ugh....please, if the Cowboys win I will buy you the bottled water you need to skip the toilet water.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let's see......
  • Lame-duck head coach
  • QB with a massive cap hit ( highest in the league )
  • QB will be free agent after the season if he's not extended
  • Most fans do not wanna extend QB at any price
  • Team is trying to replace 5-7 starters
  • Team currently ranked 32nd in free agent signing so far
  • The offseason is more Jerry/Stephen vs Dak/Todd than winning
  • Jerry and Stephen Jones are using the offseason more personally than building a winning team for the season.
  • Jerry and Stephen Jones refuse to structure contracts ( $40-50M) to sign free agents to replace lost starters
  • It is the first time they have gone into the draft with several opening positions AND no low-tier free agents signed to void drafting for need.
  • We two starters expecting to reset the market with their next contract at their positions
I'm sure I have missed a few other key factors to building a winning model for other teams as OP suggests.........(LOL)

You have started a lot of threads, some great, some good and some not-so-good but this one is silly. I don't mean to call you out but the idea of our off-season being a model for other teams makes no sense.
at least you did it with respect and in not a childish manner I appreciate this, this YOU KNOW is not my stance, I can see as we all can see that your points are valid, I'm just looking at things in the way they're looking at things and acting as if i'm thinking as them. Honestly, in our heads, i'd keep a 1% chance that this could happen, you never know what could happen to these teams that have spent and "gotten better", a lot of things can happen, and could shift our way during the season

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think you are giving Jerry and Stephen way too much credit for coming up with some scheme so they can pat themselves on the back. They're not smart enough to come up with that.

They don't want to win super bowls either, all they are interested in is making money. That's the one and only thing that motivates them.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think you are giving Jerry and Stephen way too much credit for coming up with some scheme so they can pat themselves on the back. They're not smart enough to come up with that.

They don't want to win super bowls either, all they are interested in is making money. That's the one and only thing that motivates them.
well somehow all the SAVING of the money will help them get a Superbowl is what they're thinking, remember we're the passengers on the ship, they're the drivers!!!!

LittleD

Reaction score
Goals for this year are simple.
Dak plays his last season for Dallas
We get a 3rd round draft pick in 2025 for him
Fat Mike and his bevy of coaches depart in disgrace.
Teams does the soft tank and drafts in the top 3 next season.
All older players will be offloaded next season.
Lots of cap and new QB's will begin the journey to the playoffs again.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
While you make it sound this way, I don't view Jerry and Stephen having the will or the brains to do this.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
post of the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheepherder

Reaction score

It sounds to me like you are are being sarcastic or you are having trouble being in touch with reality, now which is it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't interpret how they have decided to team build as them trying to win anything in the post season.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

Exactly right.

They love thinking they are the smartest guys in the room. They always “ like our guys” because they get the credit for it.

There is no on field plan only short term hoping. Hope that Dak can win and they can keep the coaching staff together while always knowing the value of the franchise will increase.

This isn’t about football it’s about hoping for the best and as the saying goes hope is not a strategy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this.......extending MM could be part of the overall big picture/plan. Keep in mind, that MM was the Packers HC during the transition from Bret Favre to Rogers. Let's be honest, they NEED a good experienced QB evaluator if they have to move on from Dak, coz they are not good at it. Besides, I'm not Jerry wanna start over with a new QB AND Head Coach. Remember Jimmy drafted Aikman ( he had his doubts initially), Parcell found Romo, and they luck on Dak. My point is extended MM could be more about how well he coaches this season than pure win/loss record.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you are are being sarcastic or you are having trouble being in touch with reality, now which is it.
i'm just trying to model the cowboys way of thinking, if they believe it why shouldn't we (sarcasm) lol. They sell us every year on being a Superbowl team, and we fall for it every year, why not believe in something else they spill to us???