What current, talented players would you not want on the team?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
A comment in the Josh Norman thread made me think this would be an interesting question to ask. Essentially, the poster said they would never want to see Norman in a Cowboys uniform. Norman isn't very good anymore, so that's not much of a stand today. But I wonder what stand(s) we Zoners are willing to take.

What talented players would you not want to see on the Cowboys, assuming the cap is no issue?

(One example--would you want to see OBJ in a Cowboys uniform? Hell of a player. Hell of a diva.)
I don't do that type of fandom if the player is good. To me that's silly self important fan stuff esp if we are just talking on the field stuff.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lol Cam Newton on this team makes the Cowboys a guaranteed lock for the NFC Championship.

Defenses would explode trying to pick their poison of Ezekiel elliot or Cam

No he doesnt. That bum cant even throw the ball to his WR's and people have the nerve to complain about dak. If they didnt have mccaffery they would be complete trash. They are partially trash atm.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
No he doesnt. That bum cant even throw the ball to his WR's. If they didnt have mccaffery they would be complete trash. They are partially trash atm.
They went to the superbowl before that midget half running back half wider reciever was even in the NFL.

Cam is a top tier quarterback

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Rueben Foster, Joe Mixxon, Kapernick, Michael Bennett, OBJ, Bell, Clay Matthews, Marcus Peters, LeSean McCoy.

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
Todd Gurly - back jumper and sucker puncher in the training camp fight couple years ago.

Reaction score
Come on a dozen?
Wilson
Brady
Brees
Cam
Rodgers

That's it
Wilson
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Mahomes
Goff
Rothlisberger
Ryan
Rivers
Wentz
Watson
Luck

Give me one of these guys and forward thinking HC and OC, and this team may win a Lombardi or 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dak really does suck :laugh:
Dak is limited.

Doesn't have the arm talent or accuracy of many of these guys.

But I think the bigger issue is coaching, or lack of it.

Garrett has no clue how to develop a QB and his ancient offensive philiosophies limits the things Dak does do well. Dak needs new leadership from coaches in an effort to maximize his abilities.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take Cam in an instant. I'd take Bell in an instant (ignoring cap and the fact that we have Zeke). I'd happily take any kneeler.

The only guys I wouldn't want would be the ones I can't depend on to be there. The ones who come to mind are the ones we've already got--Irving, Lee. Mind you, I'm perfectly okay with them being here, but I only want to bring in new guys who can stay healthy (and not suspended). Too hard to build plans when you have to account for guys who you know or strongly suspect will miss several games. So no to Gordon, for instance.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Dak is limited.

Doesn't have the arm talent or accuracy of many of these guys.

But I think the bigger issue is coaching, or lack of it.

Garrett has no clue how to develop a QB and his ancient offensive philiosophies limits the things Dak does do well. Dak needs new leadership from coaches in an effort to maximize his abilities.
If he improved his footwork he'd have both an arm and accuracy.

Next year he's going to blow Goff and Wentz out the water.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
They went to the superbowl before that midget half running back half wider reciever was even in the NFL.

Cam is a top tier quarterback

Cam has had like 1 good season....go look at his stats otherwise...it's appalling.