What Deion Sanders is doing is wrong

RaZon

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll transfer eventually. But I actually agree with the premise here, a 5 star athlete should eventually be playing on the big stage. But he'll probably have to dominate the competition. Plenty of 5 star recruits that do very little.

Kid will only have a few years of NCAA football then it's gone forever, why not some memories of looking up in the stands and seeing 80,000 screaming fans, looking across the field and there stands Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, that is a lifetime memory. Playing in front of 12,000 more into the bands, looking across the field and there stands Alcorn, Prairie View, Alabama A&M is not a memory.

Ya do what is best for the kid not Deion.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's works like this ....

We post our opinions, now you don't have to be in this thread, so instead of me doing anything, how about you simply leave, ok? You don't do what Deion is doing and it really is simply common sense.

I have no problem with posters' opinions.

But "You don't do what Deion is doing and it really is simply common sense" isn't an opinion, it's a judgment.

And that's not your right. Or mine.

Sorry to do this, but you're now on my ignore list.

RaZon

Reaction score
I have no problem with posters' opinions.

But "You don't do what Deion is doing and it really is simply common sense" isn't an opinion, it's a judgment.

And that's not your right. Or mine.

Sorry to do this, but you're now on my ignore list.

Look around here, we have judgements all over the place, so...???

Damn guy a little over doing it aren't ya, sheesh!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I watched every home game ofJoe Dumas college career at mcneese state in lake charles. The kid was amazing even then. He went in to become a star in Detroit as a player and an executive. Playing in front of 10k fans did not affect him. If you have the talent the pros will find you.

RaZon

Reaction score
I watched every home game ofJoe Dumas college career at mcneese state in lake charles. The kid was amazing even then. He went in to become a star in Detroit as a player and an executive. Playing in front of 10k fans did not affect him. If you have the talent the pros will find you.

Come on man, OBVIOUSLY it doesn't matter what school a kid plays for we all get that. I am talking about the kids NCAA experience, as a 5 Star talent he can play for a big time school and have memories vs a USC, Texas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, that sure beats the hell out of those memories of battling Alcorn, Grambling, Texas Southern.

What does the kid gain playing small time college football when he doesn't have to?

Insomniac

Reaction score
Not to be cynical but...
As I understand it NCAA players can now make money off of endorsements. Is it possible that some booster offered him more to advertise for a car dealer than he was going to get at any of the "big" programs? Play a year at the small program and then transfer to a big program maybe he gets better offers from their boosters.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Ever think that the kid might want to play at an HBCU? He may have a Father / Mother /Uncle/ Cousin that played for an HBCU. Family legacy and all.

Just saying that is important to some people.

RaZon

Reaction score
Not to be cynical but...
As I understand it NCAA players can now make money off of endorsements. Is it possible that some booster offered him more to advertise for a car dealer than he was going to get at any of the "big" programs? Play a year at the small program and then transfer to a big program maybe he gets better offers from their boosters.

Make a few bucks playing small time football, hey if that is the kids goal, ok.

My son is playing major college football and he will thank me for that later on.

RaZon

Reaction score
Ever think that the kid might want to play at an HBCU? He may have a Father / Mother /Uncle/ Cousin that played for an HBCU. Family legacy and all.

Just saying that is important to some people.

I do doubt the kid had ever heard of HBCU football before Deion. Why didn't Deion play at Florida A&M instead of FSU?

15, 000 fans in the seats, only the local media coverage, no TV. If the kid wants his NCAA experience to be that ok. I want more than that for my son.

The HBCU gets athletes nobody else wants, this kid simply doesn't belong there.

Reaction score
RaZon I'll guarantee you the kid was heading in the HBCU direction before Deion. Deion went to Florida State because of the shine Florida State Provided.

Time has taught him that you can get to the NFL moreover HBCU's can compete at a higher rate than they currently do. As far as media coverage and butts in the seat goes. People will pay to see Michael Jordan in a dirty inner city gym

If your good , they will come. But your point about HBCU gets athletes nobody else wants.............Well that's the current Day narrative.

The NFL is 75 to 80% Black (Excuse me I just can't stand African American. 30% or more of my bloodline doesn't come from Africa) Some people think that if more of them go to HBCU's. Your premise will no longer be accurate.

And as far as your son goes that's fine for you and your son. There are many and I mean many fathers that want the experience of an HBCU for their kids. In the end it's the kids decision

RaZon

Reaction score
RaZon I'll guarantee you the kid was heading in the HBCU direction before Deion. Deion went to Florida State because of the shine Florida State Provided.

Time has taught him that you can get to the NFL moreover HBCU's can compete at a higher rate than they currently do. As far as media coverage and butts in the seat goes. People will pay to see Michael Jordan in a dirty inner city gym

If your good , they will come. But your point about HBCU gets athletes nobody else wants.............Well that's the current Day narrative.

The NFL is 75 to 80% Black (Excuse me I just can't stand African American. 30% or more of my bloodline doesn't come from Africa) Some people think that if more of them go to HBCU's. Your premise will no longer be accurate.

And as far as your son goes that's fine for you and your son. There are many and I mean many fathers that want the experience of an HBCU for their kids. In the end it's the kids decision

Where do you get the idea this kid knew anything at all about HBCU football before Deion? Show me where you got he was thinking of HBCU football before Deion, where is that?

YES......the NFL will find you just as they did that tiny kick returner out of.....Assumption...??? That isn't my point the point is this guy will only have one shot at NCAA football so make some real memories of playing big time college football. Dude, these HBCU schools will be 30 point dogs vs the big guys does he really need this?

I want my kid to have memories of Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma not Alcorn.....ok?

Reaction score
Ok Bro I hear ya. I m just saying HBCU's are well known in the Black community. Desired locations for a whole host of Black People. Like I said Legacy. you want to go where your father
uncle ECT went. The fathers want their kids to go there, the mothers want their kid s to go there. It's the one thing HBCU's have that the Bigger schools don't. TRADITION. Don't sell that short It means alot to some

Iago33

Reaction score
Don't care if you agree or not, you don't try and steer a young man away from what OBVIOUSLY is best for him, if you can't figure that out I tried. Why didn't Deion play small time football?

How many other 5 star recruits are playing or have played HBCU football?
How do you know what’s best for him. Not everyone has the same priorities you seem to

RaZon

Reaction score
Ok Bro I hear ya. I m just saying HBCU's are well known in the Black community. Desired locations for a whole host of Black People. Like I said Legacy. you want to go where your father
uncle ECT went. The fathers want their kids to go there, the mothers want their kid s to go there. It's the one thing HBCU's have that the Bigger schools don't. TRADITION. Don't sell that short It means alot to some

Big fan of everything HBCU, actually a bit of an historian there if talking track and football. And.....right now NCA&T just took second in the NCAA indoor track champs. I get the HBCU.

My thing is when it comes to football the big schools use the HBCU as a practice game, we see 30-40 point spreads. I don't want my son that disrespected when he doesn't have to be.

This is a 5Star talent a guy who can play at any school in the nation why on earth would he need to pass up Alabama for Alabama A&M, that makes no sense on any level. Those who play HBCU ball can't play big time football well he can so he needs to be where he belongs.

I often think back to my high school football days, seeing my name in the paper, hell....a picture of me crossing the goal line on a 75 yard punt return vs Delano. I want my son having the best memories he can have that wouldn't be small time college football.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
How do you know what’s best for him. Not everyone has the same priorities you seem to

I know for a fact playing SEC, ACC, BIG10, BIG12. PAC12 football beats the hell out of playing in the SWAC. A common sense thing..

RaZon

Reaction score
I buy the LINDY'S NFL and NCAA Football mags every season, each power five NCAA team gets a full page of chatter, the entire MEAC and SWAC get one page, talking both on one page. that is the respect those school gets. This kid will get a tiny mention, he deserves better than that.

RaZon

Reaction score
Norfolk State the MEAC Champ got crushed as did Texas Southern the SWAC Champ in the NCAA tourney, a 5star talent doesn't need to be involved with that kind of thing.

erod

Reaction score
A 5 star recruit who can play big time college football should, they need the best NCAA football has to offer, you look across the field and there stands Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma,Clemson. To try and steer a young player away from that experience to play at a Jackson State in front of maybe 12, 000 fans is just wrong and not fair to the kid.

Ya need to make memories and you only got one shot at it, who doesn't remembe that game with the Fighting Irish, the Trojans, the Crimson Tide, the Sooners, who remembers a game vs the Florida A&M Rattlers?
Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Larry Allen, and Walter Payton say hi.

RaZon

Reaction score
Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Larry Allen, and Walter Payton say hi.

Totally missing the point, sheesh!!!!!!

A kid gets one shot at this, if he is a 5Star recruit give me one good reason to play small time college football, come on why would a guy who can play at any school in the nation pass that up to go play in front of maybe 15,000 instead of 80,000 and no TV, that make sense to you.

The Howard womens basketball lost by about 50ish to South Carolina, on the mens side both Texas Southern and Norfolk State got totally crushed that is HBCU sports. Ah......one exception NCA&T track.

We see Georgia - 30 vs Prairie View, does the kid really belong in this?

Like I keep saying I want my son to have those memories he can only get playing big time NCAA football. Who remembers playing Delta State, yep....nobody!

Yes the NFL will find him, but this isn't about that.