What did everyone think about Seattle blatantly breaking the rules to block Minnesota’s FG on Monday

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The refs and Eagles usually get respect from the refs. Remember the Seahawks were out of timeouts and tried to call on anyway against us? They weren't penalized and if im not mistaken, it helped them get a fg.
I wish someone would refresh our memory.

The excuse as to why Pete wasn’t penalized was laughable. Anyone remember what it was?

Flamma

Reaction score
Right. So he used them to stay in the air longer. His weight was on them for an instant.

Didn't look like that to me. Looked like his hands grazed the players. I just noticed that he jumps right before his hands go out and down. So he's not using them to propel or for leverage. More like protection or balance. But I don't know if that's illegal too.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I say we try it and when we get penalized we can get some pro-Goodellers to explain why we got the short end of the stick.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Didn't look like that to me. Looked like his hands grazed the players. I just noticed that he jumps right before his hands go out and down. So he's not using them to propel or for leverage. More like protection or balance. But I don't know if that's illegal too.
You can propel in more directions than up.

"For balance" would be to help one go forward better.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't know what people are looking at to say his helmet didn't rise. It's clear as day to me. He put his hands on them, and head pops up as he swings over.

But even if the head didn't seem to pop up in some angle, the center of mass certainly does as he swings the legs up while propped on other players. Center of mass is the relevant point to look at for elevation from leverage.

The leverage was used to get his legs to clear other players, not his head.

He reached the peak of his jump before his hands touch anyone. He did not gain height from pushing off, but likely gained distance and control.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes.

Yes. Horrific call. A phantom pass interference.

All irrelevant. These calls pale in comparison to the two robberies we benefited from and Zeke's call wasn't even bad. It was per the new rules.

Do you feel better?

The Cowboys benefited from the officiating in that game. They just did.

Can't agree with the Zeke call. The defender lowered his head first, and Zeke was pushed from behind.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
He reached the peak of his jump before his hands touch anyone. He did not gain height from pushing off, but likely gained distance and control.

For real ? BOTH of this arms extended off of his teammates. Hence the "LEVERAGE" call that should've remained. Never mind the fact that he places his left paw on the player's back to his left.

Oh, never mind , blind is blind I guess.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For real ? BOTH of this arms extended off of his teammates. Hence the "LEVERAGE" call that should've remained. Never mind the fact that he places his left paw on the player's back to his left.

While it doesn't appear he used his arms to gain more height, he definitely used the leverage to maintain his height until his legs were beyond the defensive players. Flag should never have been picked up, IMO.

bandfan

Reaction score
If you start letting them crawl up on each others backs then will be seeing walls the cheerleaders would be proud of in about a week. We would like to introduce our new special teams assistant Buffy.....

Kevinicus

Reaction score

His arms were basically fully extended before he touches his teammates. Watch again. I am not saying he didn't push off of his teammates, or that it shouldn't be a penalty. I'm saying he didn't go higher.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
His arms were basically fully extended before he touches his teammates. Watch again. I am not saying he didn't push off of his teammates, or that it shouldn't be a penalty. I'm saying he didn't go higher.
He popped over the line like a Jack in the box. Of course he went higher.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Wow.. That is all I can say. To be so oblivious to the obvious is a sure gift.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wow.. That is all I can say. To be so oblivious to the obvious is a sure gift.

Go frame by frame, then find the frame where he actually went up, after touching his teammates.. Let us know when that is.