What did the 49ers see in Lance that proved to be non existent?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good teams only need a quality bus driver, which gives them time to develop.
Not sure exactly what your point is exactly, but the basic theory to winning in this league is to grab a ringer, watch how KC with Mahome grab a few more, he will be the new goat.
Just being realistic, Andy got the perfect situation and will probably hand a couple more Lombardi's before he leaves, if he ever would want to.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what your point is exactly, but the basic theory to winning in this league is to grab a ringer, watch how KC with Mahome grab a few more, he will be the new goat.
Just being realistic, Andy got the perfect situation and will probably hand a couple more Lombardi's before he leaves, if he ever would want to.
Yes, that why the get called the goat, because there is not multiple of them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, that why the get called the goat, because there is not multiple of them.
and you understand what the definition and meaning of GOAT means right, not trying to be condescending in any way.

Chasing6

Reaction score
and you understand what the definition and meaning of GOAT means right, not trying to be condescending in any way.
Did you think it was plural? I don't mean that in a condescending way either.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
His point is to put down “Trance” for his boy Dak in practically every post he makes on the subject.
I just do not understand what the issue ever was just coughing up just a 4th for a dart throw at any potential youth with potential in the QB room.
Is it just the QB position that we are not allowed to invest anything into, I remember investing a 4th into Dak.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I just do not understand what the issue ever was just coughing up just a 4th for a dart throw at any potential youth with potential in the QB room.
Is it just the QB position that we are not allowed to invest anything into, I remember investing a 4th into Dak.
There is no issue. It’s just an issue with the “Daksters”. It’s a low cost, possibly high reward scenario. Compared to JJ’s Joey Galloway trade back at the turn of the millennium, it’s like 4 cents to the dollar. No big loss. But it could turn into a penny stock that goes public. If “Trance” can’t beat out Dak (right now he has to beat out Rush) he doesn’t belong here anyway. And the team lost a 4th. Who really cares?

Proof

Reaction score
Every professional athlete has raw physical traits, however that does not make them a potential QB.

You have to actually play the position. Trance has less than 500 passing attempts in HS, College and NFL Combined.

Just process that for a moment.
that's an insane stat.

Proof

Reaction score
Niner coaches are on record saying lance was going to be their starter but got hurt. And Purdy went in and never let go if the job. It's not that lance wasn't good, just bad timing injury and Purdy took off
well yeah lol. he was their first round pick, of course he was going to be the starter. but then he couldn't even win the back up role.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Shanahans have the biggest egos in the national football league. I would bet something rubbed Shanny the wrong way and that was that.
No matter what cost.
Good I hope Trey beats their arses.

Proof

Reaction score
There is no issue. It’s just an issue with the “Daksters”. It’s a low cost, possibly high reward scenario. Compared to JJ’s Joey Galloway trade back at the turn of the millennium, it’s like 4 cents to the dollar. No big loss. But it could turn into a penny stock that goes public. If “Trance” can’t beat out Dak (right now he has to beat out Rush) he doesn’t belong here anyway. And the team lost a 4th. Who really cares?
that fourth would have come in handy in this draft. it just never really made any sense. w/ his contract the way it was and little to no shot last season, the situation was pretty much always behind the 8 ball. had to make a decision on him wrt to the 5th year option with him never seeing ANY game time.

yes in theory a 4th round pick for a reclamation project first round qb can be a solid low cost move. the specifics of our particular deal were always iffy though. with that said, hope he has a tremendous camp

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Shanahans have the biggest egos in the national football league. I would bet something rubbed Shanny the wrong way and that was that.
No matter what cost.
Good I hope Trey beats their arses.
How about Lance just gets to participate in a regular season game before the Cowboys count on him to beat the 49ers.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about Lance just gets to participate in a regular season game before the Cowboys count on him to beat the 49ers.
Right now he's the only guy on the roster with the potential to beat the 49ers.

Last I checked they're on the schedule.