What did we learn about yesterday's game

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Didn't Tampa Bay kind of have the same model the last few years? The model is certainly not ideal. But as long as your roster isn't laden with overpaid, low impact players, and you can bring in guys like Von Miller and OBJ for virtually nothing, you're probably going to have a good year.
Didn't Tampa Bay kind of have the same model the last few years? The model is certainly not ideal. But as long as your roster isn't laden with overpaid, low impact players, and you can bring in guys like Von Miller and OBJ for virtually nothing, you're probably going to have a good year.
Yep, it's a way to go if you're missing a few odd pieces (and you can get an OBJ to pay for you just for a ring), but yes if fans think we're in that mode they're going to be disappointed.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You think getting rid of Cooper and DLaw will improve the team? To me Zeke is a Jaylon type of problem for next year.
I see you've bought into Jerry World where we compete every year. Didn't 2021 show you that winning the East and getting home field advantage in the play-offs isn't working and we are further off winning championships than you think.
I know that losing DLaw and Coop will (on paper at least) make the team worse....however I don't think we'll contest in 2022 with/or without them, so no point in keeping them, especially when we need to put the CAP straight (if you deny there's a problem go check 2023).
Cut it back this year, and shop Zack, we then cut Zeke next year....resets the CAP and we come back able to build around our young talent and may be in a position to enter FA above JAG level....however if you think we can win with an injury prone O/Line, a WR1 who's complaining and has a ctch% of 65.4%, DE who's really only a run blocker then kick that can so we can have the same conversation next year (with more pressing concerns as we have an expensive LT and RT that I imagine plays 50% of the time).

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep, it's a way to go if you're missing a few odd pieces (and you can get an OBJ to pay for you just for a ring), but yes if fans think we're in that mode they're going to be disappointed.

The Cowboys aren't doing that. They need to clean up the mess on the roster first.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You think getting rid of Cooper and DLaw will improve the team? To me Zeke is a Jaylon type of problem for next year.
It would cost us something like $30m dead CAP to cut Zeke this year and whilst it's a no brainer to cut him in 2023 I don't think the CAP Saving is franchise changing

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I see you've bought into Jerry World where we compete every year. Didn't 2021 show you that winning the East and getting home field advantage in the play-offs isn't working and we are further off winning championships than you think.
I know that losing DLaw and Coop will (on paper at least) make the team worse....however I don't think we'll contest in 2022 with/or without them, so no point in keeping them, especially when we need to put the CAP straight (if you deny there's a problem go check 2023).
Cut it back this year, and shop Zack, we then cut Zeke next year....resets the CAP and we come back able to build around our young talent and may be in a position to enter FA above JAG level....however if you think we can win with an injury prone O/Line, a WR1 who's complaining and has a ctch% of 65.4%, DE who's really only a run blocker then kick that can so we can have the same conversation next year (with more pressing concerns as we have an expensive LT and RT that I imagine plays 50% of the time).

Yep. A lot of cleaning up to do. Jerry has two off seasons to accomplish this before 2023. I hope he doesn't waste this off season thinking the same guys are doing a whole hell of a lot next year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The only Cowboys I have bought into are Parsons, Martin, Kearse, and Diggs. I am concerned with Dak’s play against good defenses. I just don’t think the Joneses have a plan to get the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. They won’t admit it publicly but from a business perspective this is one of the best seasons in Cowboys history.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It would cost us something like $30m dead CAP to cut Zeke this year and whilst it's a no brained to cut him in 2023 I don't think the CAP Saving is franchise changing
They need to bench him and draft his replacement.

Bing

Reaction score
Showed me something that I already knew and that is a great QB can get you not only to the superbowl but almost win it with one of the crappiest front lines in the NFL.

Last edited:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One teams biggest weakness lost to the other teams biggest strength. A game of match ups.

In regards to their future:

If Donald returns, LA has 1 more year to make another run at it.

Cincy better fix their Oline or Burrow is gonna not make it to another contract. I think I heard, including the playoffs, he was sack over 75 times this year. That is NUTS and unsustainable. When his knee was twisted up yesterday, I thought it was another tear. It will be interesting to see if anything was damaged during that tackle.

Also, NFL officials - thanks for letting them play and staying out of majority of the game. Just in the future, make sure it's the entire game please. Not complaining here, just a simple request.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I just don't feel like Dak and Cooper could have done what Stafford and Kupp did.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They need to bench him and draft his replacement.
Depends, the alternative may be (if we get the CAP sorted this offseason), to see what we have in Pollard and give him a fair (but nowhere elite) contract. A lot depends on how we want our running game to play....we can draft a one dimensionalpower running RB in the middle rounds (if we're playing Zeke there's not much of a difference using McGovern punching up the middle).
We're stuck at the moment behind the CAP/restructure 8 ball, we need that clear out so we can make decisions based on football talent and not due to their restructuring possibilities

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The only Cowboys I have bought into are Parsons, Martin, Kearse, and Diggs. I am concerned with Dak’s play against good defenses. I just don’t think the Joneses have a plan to get the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. They won’t admit it publicly but from a business perspective this is one of the best seasons in Cowboys history.
I don't think Zeke is worth the contract, but don't think he is the problem, either. It's the left side of our OL and lack of coaching. Even Pollard had his struggles running behind this group, don't think any RB would have success when lineman are constantly behind the line.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke is worth the contract, but don't think he is the problem, either. It's the left side of our OL and lack of coaching. Even Pollard had his struggles running behind this group, don't think any RB would have success when lineman are constantly behind the line.
Zeke is not the problem if you use him correctly. For some reason Kellen uses him like he is 2016 Zeke.

Flamma

Reaction score
Showed me something that I already knew and that is a great QB can get you not only to the superbowl but almost win it with one of the crappiest front lines in the NFL.

Yep, that was anybody's game. Burrow showed incredible poise in the pocket under duress all game for a 2nd year QB going up against a superior team. No pressure related dumb passes or anything like that.

triplets_93

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Great Defense, neither of these QBs could have led their team to a Victory.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Officiating needs to be revamped!
c3c344bfc67ab5024a6ce8447daa98c7.jpg