What do any of us really know

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
So for humor this morning I spent time ready through a thread from last years draft. I am lmao at all the same draft exports on this board who was complaining about LVE is now complaining about Hill. I laugh all the time at uninformed experts. We don’t have the tools, resources or expertise as a NFL team but yet we still form an opinion on very little substance.

There are a lot of familiar names in this thread and most are here again this year whining about our pics.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/you-know-everything-really-does-point-to-lve.401549/

GenoT

Reaction score
What I really know is, I’m gonna have to lay in an extra case of beer for rounds 3-4-5 tonight.

Mine is a Cowboys/Texans joint household and, when we all gather for the draft, the ongoing debates raise a serious thirst.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Hahahahaha. Bobby Carpenter.
Hahahahaha.
I do think it's funny that we get so sure of opinions.
I dont know about you guys, but I have a full-time job, a side gig, twin 14 year old boys, and friends, so I have like 30 minutes a night to watch highlights and read articles, but all of sudden, I'm a draft guru and Will McClay ain't got nothing on me! :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today are rounds 4,5,6 and 7.
Sooooooo, 4th post in and already proving what we don't know?

Sorry, Geno, low hanging fruit is the sweetest.

If the OP want to really see some draft day dribble, go back and look at the day Yosemite was drafted. He must have checked in on DC.com to see what was being said because he addressed the fan reaction to him being picked in the 1st really fast.

What's so funny about these reactions is the rule used to be 3 years to evaluate, now it's 3 minutes.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don’t mind if people form opinions after watching game tape of a player. Multiple games at that. I see people mentioning Hills Temple game repeatedly like that’s the only game he played last year.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Sooooooo, 4th post in and already proving what we don't know?

Sorry, Geno, low hanging fruit is the sweetest.

If the OP want to really see some draft day dribble, go back and look at the day Yosemite was drafted. He must have checked in on DC.com to see what was being said because he addressed the fan reaction to him being picked in the 1st really fast.

What's so funny about these reactions is the rule used to be 3 years to evaluate, now it's 3 minutes.

I was one of the few who really liked the Frederick pick in 2013. But even I wanted to pick him with the 2nd round pick. We found out later that the Ravens were planning on taking Frederick with the 32nd pick, so the Cowboys did the right thing in getting their man. This year, I really wanted the Cowboys to pick Trysten Hill, but with the 3rd round pick. But I was worried he wouldn't last to #90.

Jerry Jones said a very interesting thing in the post 3rd round press conference. He said the Cowboys were seriously looking at only 7 players for pick #58, and 5 of those players were picked in the first round. 2 lasted until pick #58, and if they had not picked Hill, they would have picked a safety. So, the Cowboys only had 1 safety remaining on the board they were seriously looking at for the 58th pick yesterday.

As for the Safeties, I don't think the Cowboys were seriously interested in picking a guy at Free safety because they really like Xavier Woods, who Stephen Jones recently said is better than they expected/ That rules out players like Darnell Savage, Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, and Juan Thornhill. I think if Trysten Hill had been picked ahead of #58, Taylor Rapp would have been the pick. It's just that the Cowboys were looking harder at Dline than we thought they were. I wonder who the other players drafted in Round 1, who the Cowboys thought might last until pick #58.

I think they were likely looking at Jeffrey Simmons, Dexter Lawrence and L.J. Collier on the Dline, and I know they were looking at Jonathan Abram at Safety. Not sure who the other player might be. Maybe RB Josh Jacobs, or CB Deandre Baker.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Rinse and repeat. Been following the draft online since the internet became a thing. Happens every single year.

Exactly droop.

We all fall in love with certain guys and then we don't get them and we become outraged. Rinse and Repeat.

Just like today, people post a Big Board of day 3. We likely land maybe one guy we all know and like. The rest are like McGovern and out of left field. People are paid to scout and we've been one of the most successful drafting teams in the NFL. We have to trust it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You found the one thread where I wasn’t hyping LVE.

Btw.. I don’t like the Trysten Hill pick.

Too raw to go in the 2nd round. I’d be fine with him in the 3rd but this guy is going to take some time.

Carson

Reaction score
You found the one thread where I wasn’t hyping LVE.

Btw.. I don’t like the Trysten Hill pick.

Too raw to go in the 2nd round. I’d be fine with him in the 3rd but this guy is going to take some time.

The best advice we can all remember is, look at Frederick. Does it matter now we took him earlier than we were supposed to? :)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The difference is LB was a potential need due to Sean Lee’s health issues, and even if healthy he could slide to any of the 3 lb slots.

Due to the talent you already have at their positions, If Trysten Hill’s attitude problems persist and he still doesn’t take football seriously, it’s entirley possible none of your picks before day three play significant time on their rookie contracts.

But I’m sure Connor will look great on special teams

Lutonio

Reaction score
I know that if I spill Diet Coke on my laptop it probably won't work anymore.

I feel like I know football decently well. Part of that decent wealth of knowledge is NOT college players and scouting how well they transition to the NFL.

So I really go by is it a position the team needs. I think it is, so I'm hoping it works out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So for humor this morning I spent time ready through a thread from last years draft. I am lmao at all the same draft exports on this board who was complaining about LVE is now complaining about Hill. I laugh all the time at uninformed experts. We don’t have the tools, resources or expertise as a NFL team but yet we still form an opinion on very little substance.

There are a lot of familiar names in this thread and most are here again this year whining about our pics.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/you-know-everything-really-does-point-to-lve.401549/

Speak for yourself buddy. Some of us are just better at this than others. I liked the LVE pick hated the Taco pick, hated the Chaz Green pick.

Personally, Im on the fence about the Hill pick, but admittedly I don't know much at this point. The more I see the more I like.

I liked the Williams pick last year and I like the McGovern pick this year. Loved the Gallup pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I was one of the few who really liked the Frederick pick in 2013. But even I wanted to pick him with the 2nd round pick. We found out later that the Ravens were planning on taking Frederick with the 32nd pick, so the Cowboys did the right thing in getting their man. This year, I really wanted the Cowboys to pick Trysten Hill, but with the 3rd round pick. But I was worried he wouldn't last to #90.

Jerry Jones said a very interesting thing in the post 3rd round press conference. He said the Cowboys were seriously looking at only 7 players for pick #58, and 5 of those players were picked in the first round. 2 lasted until pick #58, and if they had not picked Hill, they would have picked a safety. So, the Cowboys only had 1 safety remaining on the board they were seriously looking at for the 58th pick yesterday.

As for the Safeties, I don't think the Cowboys were seriously interested in picking a guy at Free safety because they really like Xavier Woods, who Stephen Jones recently said is better than they expected/ That rules out players like Darnell Savage, Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, and Juan Thornhill. I think if Trysten Hill had been picked ahead of #58, Taylor Rapp would have been the pick. It's just that the Cowboys were looking harder at Dline than we thought they were. I wonder who the other players drafted in Round 1, who the Cowboys thought might last until pick #58.

I think they were likely looking at Jeffrey Simmons, Dexter Lawrence and L.J. Collier on the Dline, and I know they were looking at Jonathan Abram at Safety. Not sure who the other player might be. Maybe RB Josh Jacobs, or CB Deandre Baker.
I wish someone took hill ahead of us. I was wishing it the whole time up until our pick. Thornhill would have been the pick. It's 2019 that FS SS crap is dead. A safety in todays NFL needs to be able to provide run support and be able to cover. That box safety position is dead.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Speak for yourself buddy. Some of us are just better at this than others. I liked the LVE pick hated the Taco pick, hated the Chaz Green pick.

Personally, Im on the fence about the Hill pick, but admittedly I don't know much at this point. The more I see the more I like.

I liked the Williams pick last year and I like the McGovern pick this year. Loved the Gallup pick.
Hated the williams pick wanted Justin Reid instead.