What do Quincy, Roger and Troy have in common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Danny White go to the stats - was as good as Aikman and Staubach. All people remember are Super Bowl Victories. Quincy's legacy will be just that. Believe you me if Quincy wins a Super Bowl or two, he is automatically elevated to that class. No questions asked. If he flames out he's the next Hogeboom, Pelluer.

With Parcells and this team as constructed, its not too far fetched at all.

Nors, please produce these stats. I do not believe that the numbers will bare out here.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nors said:
Danny White go to the stats - was as good as Aikman and Staubach. All people remember are Super Bowl Victories. Quincy's legacy will be just that. Believe you me if Quincy wins a Super Bowl or two, he is automatically elevated to that class. No questions asked. If he flames out he's the next Hogeboom, Pelluer.

Since you're such a Danny White stat guy, do you remember how many fumbles he had in "the catch" NFC Championship game?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
They all played for the Cowboys and that is it. Please Nor stop the maddness. Carter does not have the talent of either Roger or Troy. Even many who think Carter will be our starting QB like JJ Taylor have been quick to say he will never be another Troy Aikman.

Why would you want another Troy Aikman?
Common sense tells you that Carter is not another Aikman, why would he want to be anyway? Just as Troy could never have been another Roger.

Each guy is different. Now the better athlete of the three would be ?

BHendri5

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Laundry drafted Staubach, Johnson drafted Aikman, Campo drafted Carter. Nothing else to see here.

Jerry Jones drafted the latter two QBs.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
What does a moped, a Ferrari, and a Lamborghini have in common?

I have no idea....

:D

They all have motors, and they all have wheels, they all have steering, they all have seats, they all have brakes, an accelerator, rear view mirrors, pipes, or exhaust system however you want to put it. They all use gas, be it unleaded, premium, mogas, etc. they all go over 30mph,.

Surely you were just joking , right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
Common sense tells you that Carter is not another Aikman, why would he want to be anyway? Just as Troy could never have been another Roger.

Why would I want another Troy Aikman because he was a damn good QB with great accuracy.

As far as QC being another Troy Aikman I have never expected him to be another Troy Aikman nor have I ever thought Troy was the next Roger. I do agree each man in different, my response was to Nor who was trying to show the common things about Roger,Troy and QC and other than they are all or were all members of the Cowboys that is the only common they have. As for the better athlete that would be Roger.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:

Staubach, and it is not close.

BHendri5

Reaction score
JR HELFRICK said:
Would love to be able to look into the future so we can put this to rest. QC cannot read defence's and never will. He is an athlete, but not a QB.

Really? Who told you this?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is great! We have all the ingrediants for a honest to goodness, good ole fashion Donnie Brook. We got the not so subtle comparisons of Carter to Aikman and Staubach plus, we got the always infugo references to Aikmans status as system QB or truely great QB talent going.

And the hits just keep on coming..........

ABQ, speaking of controversy...wasn't Aikman gay at one point? ;) Only kidding.

Nors is right about one thing. For a Dallas Cowboys quarterback to be truly remembered and honored by the fanbase, the guy has got to produce Super Bowl victories. Quincy, Henson, or whoever can throw for 3000 yards all they want, but if they don't get us deep into postseason play, they'll be considered mere stop-gap players between our "great" ones.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dale said:

Nors is right about one thing. For a Dallas Cowboys quarterback to be truly remembered and honored by the fanbase, the guy has got to produce Super Bowl victories. Quincy, Henson, or whoever can throw for 3000 yards all they want, but if they don't get us deep into postseason play, they'll be considered mere stop-gap players between our "great" ones.

For me that is not really true winning and losing I look at as a team achievement it takes all the parts working together to win ball games. As for individual players you do judge them on how they perform. I watched Danny White play and felt he was a very good QB for this franchise and the fact he did not reach the Super Bowl at least in my eyes does not diminish all the good things Danny did while in Dallas.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Troy was more than a system QB. There are many throws that Troy could pull off that Carter can't, such as a 20 yard out on a frozen rope with great accuracy. Time after time Troy would hit Irvin in the numbers on that rout. In games where Dallas was forced to pass a lot more such as the NFC Championship games aginst GB Troy matched Favre through out the day. To claim Troy was nothing more than a system QB is far from reality

It is not a claim Dooms, it is a fact. That is what Aikman is known for besides his accuracy, being a system QB.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jterrell said:
This post was begging for Carter bashers but thats ok. Just another chance to see who hasnt evolved past 3rd grade.

I saw the rookie starter note, not that I thought QC should have played a down as a rookie.
They were all starters for at least 3 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. That list has to be fairly small in and of itself.

Staubach and Aikman both improved with time. Aikman really took off in year 4 after being much improved in year 3. If QC can become the type of system QB Aikman was he has to show he can grasp all the nuances of a system. Hard to say he can or cant given he hasnt played in an offense for more than 1 year until now.

A extreme Carterite starts a thread for the sole purpose of keeping the crap going, and it is the so-called bashers that have not evolved past 3rd grade?

Funny how you ignore that, by last count, 19 of the last 23 threads on this subject that have turned ugly, have been started by the PRO- Carter side of the debate.

As said before by several of the so-called haters; we DO NOT hate Carter. Most of us like Quincy the person, we just don't think he is a good QB.

We do have a problem with the constant, mindless drivel that comes from the keyboards of the extreme Quincy backers.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nors said:

Can't argue with that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
It is not a claim Dooms, it is a fact. That is what Aikman is known for besides his accuracy, being a system QB.

Your opinion. When Dallas needed Troy to step up his game he did. Post season number Troy is ranked higher than any QB. Of course Troy played within the team system so do all other QB. What start to separate QB is guys who can step up in critical times and those who can't. Troy stepped up when needed

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
For me that is not really true winning and losing I look at as a team achievement it takes all the parts working together to win ball games. As for individual players you do judge them on how they perform. I watched Danny White play and felt he was a very good QB for this franchise and the fact he did not reach the Super Bowl at least in my eyes does not diminish all the good things Danny did while in Dallas.

True, but few people put Danny White in Troy Aikman's or Roger Staubach's category. Why? Because of the goose egg in the Super Bowl category.

Quincy Carter can be a very good player for this organization if he improves, even if he never wins a title. But he'll never be in Aikman's or Staubach's class if he doesn't get this team to the Super Bowl. Those guys are legends, and it's hard for a legend to be borne if they don't win the ultimate prize.

Is it fair? Probably not, considering a team's success involves so much more than just the quarterback position. But that's how that position is often judged.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Why would I want another Troy Aikman because he was a damn good QB with great accuracy.

As far as QC being another Troy Aikman I have never expected him to be another Troy Aikman nor have I ever thought Troy was the next Roger. I do agree each man in different, my response was to Nor who was trying to show the common things about Roger,Troy and QC and other than they are all or were all members of the Cowboys that is the only common they have. As for the better athlete that would be Roger.

if we were to get another Troy, then we would need another Irvin, Emmitt, OL, DL, TE FB, and the same type of system in order for him to duplicate what the first Aikman did. That is a true fact, because Aikman by himself never produce any wins, that I can recall.

Roger is my all time favorite QB, Number 1 in my mind. Carter is a better athlete than he was, pure athletic ability, Carter has him.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dale said:

Yep, that is a true fact concerning our fanbase.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
if we were to get another Troy, then we would need another Irvin, Emmitt, OL, DL, TE FB, and the same type of system in order for him to duplicate what the first Aikman did. That is a true fact, because Aikman by himself never produce any wins, that I can recall.

Roger is my all time favorite QB, Number 1 in my mind. Carter is a better athlete than he was, pure athletic ability, Carter has him.

Airman Daly ALERT! :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:

If your going to act ******** then just avoid my posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.