CFZ What do we do now at QB?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You thought I was done now I want to give you a big sarcastic thank you for starting another Prescott hate tread. No problem I mean Dr. Dave is actually in entire thread just for Prescott and then you guys are starting new ones I think the rule should now be they have that third open if you’re gonna have negative things to say about the quarterback he can only post their time but I’m glad you’re on the heat fan club because I’m glad I hope they keep him till 2025 just to make you miserable
Its like the rope a dope tactic BB, I love this forum. :bow:

kskboys

Reaction score
So at worst we draft a first round QB and end up with Dak. Or we can keep Dak a known quantity and go nowhere. And the best part we pay premium to keep him.
If Dak would renegotiate for, say, 20 mil/season or so, I'd be fine w/ keeping him. At 40 mil/season+, gotta dump him.

Creeper

Reaction score
So at worst we draft a first round QB and end up with Dak. Or we can keep Dak a known quantity and go nowhere. And the best part we pay premium to keep him.
Worst case scenario is they wind up with Dak at $55 million for the next 6 years.

quickccc

Reaction score
First and foremost- it’s about the Jones and Dak,..and then it's the coaches that are counted on very heavily
to be the support and development of Dak, who the management probably very highly of Dak,. I really do believe Jerry hardcore believes Dak is the one to bring the Lombardi trophy to Dallas.

- And they'll want all out- all attack, with putting everything on the table.
The big question is do we have the current idea coaching staff to support and develop Dak into such a player ? Does management trust and believe in this current coaching staff for Dak ?

- As much as Jerry and Stephen will try to detour and deny it, I tend to believe they may currently be having
their very own doubts and second guessing.
They will not be able to evaluate Dak in the best play making role and scheme that they want to believe that
brings out the best of his skill set and leadership.

- They cannot do that with this dink n dunk approach. With a scared, timid offensive scheme from this HC that
is clearly misusing this player personnel. And that's QB, WR and RB, imo.

- To make matters worse, the frustrations is clearly mounding, among key offensive players and an obvious
step back failure in offensive production.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's gonna be Dak, ..this year.

He's not seen as Pats' Mac Jones where he needs to be benched.
And the Jones (who are really running the operations show) are not having their vast invested player
bench for bad performance.

- If anything I could see a McCarthy being fired at post-season and a whole new offensive coaching staff
and scheme that the Jones see most conducive to Dak.

- And those fans that are knowledgeable, know it's never gonna be a benching for Dak for Lance in meaningful
games.
And Trey will not be starting unless there's a major injury to Dak and Rush.
I only see him playing unless we are so very clearly out of the playoff race, and it's a final game of season.

- Under a totally different coach staff, Lance is gonna have to be re-directed and re-coached again
in a new scheme and approach. A coach casting that is flexible and schematic enuff to adjust players skill set
and strengths to their max.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
actually, i did you do not want to see it..
No, you said exactly ZERO about what I wrote. You misinterpreted it to fit your own agenda, then you stamped your feet and threw a tantrum like a 4-year-old. My post was about McCarthy's authority being undermined by Jones. You did not address that topic one iota. You put words in my mouth to build up a straw man about benching Dak and playing other quarterbacks. I said no such thing, but you directed an entire tirade at it, filled with insults (which break the rules of this site).
If you play dirty, childish tricks like that, I'll hold you accountable. If you don't like being held accountable for your own actions, then I suggest you simply block me. Of course, others will likely still hold you accountable. I guess you could just block multiple people so that you can persist in your fantasy world.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Jerry has been WR obsessed the entire few decades he has owned the team and has always disregarded QB. got lucky we had the #1 pick right after he bought the team and he still had to take Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft, he never got ready for Aikmans replacement. He does not plan well for qb

Verdict

Reaction score
Really you’re gonna start another post about Prescott when there’s about 14 of them already and somehow we keep skipping over the fact that Prescott is not the reason we lost that game or the Arizona game I mean seriously are you guys all delusional what kind of medicine are you guys on did you not see how truly poor defense played in the fact that we had no one game and are running back from the football while the game was actually still in hand that’s the three reasons including the ski being a board that we lost the football game did you get a penalty his fifth game talk about the quarterback finally getting frustrated enough that there’s no one open the door to your play one dimensional football I’m getting no support no one open what exactly do you think the quarterback should’ve been able to do in that game you really think it’s three interceptions last game the game is already Ativan he got frustrated and first of all because there was no way to actually do it the same at the end of the Arizona game or four minutes interceptions this year Kim when the games are pretty much all but settled and why were they set up the app and then stopping or even slowing down anyone
I’m getting no support no one open what exactly do you think the quarterback should’ve been able to do in that game you really big is three interceptions last game the game is already Ativan he got frustrated and first of all because there was nowhere to actually grow it the same at the end of the Arizona game or four minutes interceptions this year came when the games were pretty much all but settled and why were they set up the app and Vicky Dobbs wasn’t stopping or even slowing down anyone
Are we gonna gloss over the fact that we had three offensive lineman promo offensive lineman missing in the Arizona game and a bunch of penalties and nobody was getting open this is common theme in the Latin pig defense doesn’t blow the app and sublime doesn’t play well not getting open there a bigger problems in quarterback and nothing you said about the poly gonna happen plus cats not getting cut at June 1 that’s still about I don’t know off the top of my head $39 million you think you’re gonna eat to watch watches franchise go down the toilet for the next three years trying to find a quarterback?

Some people in here to help big-time problems cause I think what they saw at the end of that game is holding remember those interceptions but nothing to the final score of that game that outcome was gonna be the same he was already quite out of hand that was some terrible things happening so let me get this straight you want to give me to Prescott winery why don’t we trade Micah Parsons and cd lamb instead of paying them because they’re not doing anything either we should not pay them literally trade them now like after the season and use that capital to go get your quarterback and let’s blow this mother up yeah let’s blow this mother sucker up right now that’s what you say it when you want to get rid of Prescott is no magic pill defined a quarterback at the giant *** the commanders ????????!!!!

Can you figure out how to solve the quarterback position just for deciding to get rid of their top 10 starter because the rest of the fan base is tired of seeing them guess what you’re not the owner you’re not the GM and you’re not the coach you’re not the schedule or any capacity have any football say you wanna be tired are you up to Scott’s gonna come back he’s playing in 2024 unless there’s some crazy thing happened and he forces his way out and accept the Trade
Can you figure out how to solve the quarterback position just by deciding to get rid of their top 10 starter because the rest of the Fanbase is tired of seeing them guess what you’re not the owner you’re not the GM and you’re not the coach you’re not a scam or any capacity have any football say you wanna be tired are you up to Scott’s gonna come back he’s playing in 2024 unless there’s some crazy thing happens and he forces his way out and accept the trade

There is no reason at three and two as a record for all these discussions to be happening because those two boxes were not on the quarterback is playing to see if the Saint Bernard no one game plan is often Zipline know how people getting open penalties what happen in the last few 49er games acceptance time did you guys join the ladies club against the 49ers

Gonna say you could’ve just put any of this under somebody else’s Prescott hate that because right now everybody’s waiting on the things that resolve any issues getting rid of the quarterback because he’s the one that sent out holding the team back you guys are huge problems and you all might need to see optometrist and psychiatrist and adjust your medicineS.

Do I think you can rent I got some rats to that was a big waste of space for you to post since you guys don’t make the decisions neither does the media you have no say in this Jerry Jones just gonna open cup of coffee and we’re gonna end up like the New York Jets or the other teams I can’t find quarterbacks were gonna slip out of the top five or top 10 and then jump in the bottom 16 how about that would that make everyone happy. Do I think you can read I got some rants to that was a big waste of space for you to post since you guys don’t make the decisions neither does the media you are not saying this Jerry Jones just gonna hop in the Prescott and we’re gonna end up like the New York Jets or the other teams I can’t find quarterbacks were gonna slip out of the top five or top 10 and then jump in the bottom 16 how about that would that make everyone happy !???!?!!?!?
Paragraphs, man, paragraphs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If Dak would renegotiate for, say, 20 mil/season or so, I'd be fine w/ keeping him. At 40 mil/season+, gotta dump him.
Nope. Dak at this point is what Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens. If you want to keep him you keep him at no more than 2% - 3% of the cap. The remainder buys more defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope. Dak at this point is what Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens. If you want to keep him you keep him at no more than 2% - 3% of the cap. The remainder buys more defense.
I don't. However, even backup QBs cost that. Times have changed since the 00 Ravens.

mardwin

Reaction score
I think you roll with Dak as long as a playoff chance exists. If that ends Lance MUST play. If they can get a couple games with him it will help tremendously. I still think QB is a priority next draft. The draft will offer some good ones. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you extend Dak. None. Not even if they catch lightening in a bottle and he wins a couple playoff games.
This is a loser mentality. Niners drafted Lance and Purdy after Jimmy G took them to a Superbowl. Their front office understood that in today's NFL you can't win with an inconsistent QB. Dak is not going to carry this football to playoff success so why no look for the right guy?

Dak is a combination of Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is a loser mentality. Niners drafted Lance and Purdy after Jimmy G took them to a Superbowl. Their front office understood that in today's NFL you can't win with an inconsistent QB. Dak is not going to carry this football to playoff success so why no look for the right guy?

Dak is a combination of Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith.
What are you babbling about? Live in reality a bit. They are not going to bench Dak yet. A couple more games like SF and they might make a move. I said to give Lance a shot and to draft a QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry has been WR obsessed the entire few decades he has owned the team and has always disregarded QB. got lucky we had the #1 pick right after he bought the team and he still had to take Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft, he never got ready for Aikmans replacement. He does not plan well for qb
we have one of the best QB rooms right now and realy 2 decades in row with top 10 qbs i look around this league look at the bears they have all that invested in Fields and who is their BU? this week has a hard time fielding 32 good starting Qbacks.. literally maybe 15 of them can claim to have a shot at being a playoff team....

13 struggling for decades upon decades trying to find a quarterback and can't... no matter the planning no matter the resources no matter the salary cap.... they literally can't find a quarterback and you want us to have a plan better than what weve had??

right bill Parcells 1800 dial up on elite quarterback.... i'm looking around the league there aren't 16 good quarterbacks. let alone quality starters and we should be ahead oif that curve ..goflyakite inthe storm bud..you need shock and wake up call,., this league has a problem fielding starters let alone debt at any position, but QB is like playing the Lottery brah..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't. However, even backup QBs cost that. Times have changed since the 00 Ravens.
That's what Dak is, a backup. Just because you pay him more isn't going to magically translate into better play. This isn't like Cinderella where you shove a shoe on her foot and presto she transforms.