CFZ What do we do now at QB?

Brax

Reaction score
Actually we should bench a bunch of fans around here there is a such a thing here on this site for saying things without any real context why would you bend to top ten quarterback who's struggling because the team struggling around him?? There's literally no one better behind him and 20 teams in the NFL do not have a better quarterback than Prescott so let's stop with the nonsense about benching...

issue here with blocking from the offensive line has been inconsistent, there have been no real solid run game against the 49ers, the Washington team, and the Rams team going back just keeping with the three playoff games for the two forementioned teams if you don't have a run game ,you're 1 dimensional, your receivers are not getting open and the offensive line is not being great of late it's been a swinging door of injuries and band aids then you add in the defenses and playing well now...​
I mean exactly what would you have expected from the quarterback when the defense isn't even stopping a cold??​
Literally those are all facts you're blaming the quarterback for bad coaching, bad execution by the team, literally all over this team and the two losses were bigger problems than the quarterback even yes in the playoffs...​
Show me a game where we showed up with a Emmitt Smith like performance with an offensive line that can block longer with receivers that can consistently get open they're literally being covered up more than anything the last two years, some of the worst separation rates... for sure the quarterback with the defense knowing they're going to pass because they've already stopped the run consistently with a four-to-five-man lines don't have to blitz a lot play Max coverage on the back end and somehow you think it's a quarterback issue ???​
when we can't run the ball against these teams... So not only can you not run you can't block and now the last two losses have been you can't play defense either and now it looks like schematically they're not even using our players right this offense is not suited for these players..​
Sure it's all the quarterbacks for fault he's in decline because he can't carry the team all by himself which I never seen Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever have to do ever and they had better coaching to boot better run games better offensive lines better defensive play in big games...​
facts...​
If you try to come back with a bunch of nonsense,​
I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over read it close no I'm right in the biggest games we are not as a team executing I mean let's even go back to the 14 penalties you had in the one of the niner loss Oh yeah that's not on Dak and all the penalties you had in the Arizona game this year and then all of them on defense in the last loss and you add in all that other stuff sure let's circle back around hating on the quarterback!!!!​
are you guys that delusional that much of haters that's all you can see??? I'm not saying Prescott is elite or great, but he is still a top ten quarterback whether you want to admit it or not and look around the league there isn't 20 better quarterbacks you want the front office to wake up and do what make this team worse by moving on from Prescott early??​
How about we finish out the season then see how this all works out instead of overreacting as we all do after a loss and some of you are such ridiculous responses and replies all in the same wavelength that you're way off and the reasons we're losing these games is all about the team and the coaching...​
Go somewhere and cry it out and come back and man up. Let’s ban everybody who doesn’t agree with you great idea Tad. Pathetic just pathetic

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There’s a number of fans that want Dak benched after last Sunday nights game. One real bad game isn’t going to get any QB benched. Regardless how bad Dak plays he still gives us the best chance to win of the QBs we have on the roster. We’re just going to have to ride it out with him the rest of the season and decisions on his future will be made during the offseason.
No, I'm not for benching him over one game, no matter how bad it was. What I'm saying, is whether he gets benched should be Mike McCarthy's call to make, and his alone to make. If Dak stinks up the place several games in a row, and McCarthy thinks we're better off playing someone else, then, and only then, should a switch be made. It annoys me that Jones always has his fingerprints all over numerous things that should be a coach's prerogative.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Actually we should bench a bunch of fans around here there is a such a thing here on this site for saying things without any real context why would you bend to top ten quarterback who's struggling because the team struggling around him?? There's literally no one better behind him and 20 teams in the NFL do not have a better quarterback than Prescott so let's stop with the nonsense about benching...

issue here with blocking from the offensive line has been inconsistent, there have been no real solid run game against the 49ers, the Washington team, and the Rams team going back just keeping with the three playoff games for the two forementioned teams if you don't have a run game ,you're 1 dimensional, your receivers are not getting open and the offensive line is not being great of late it's been a swinging door of injuries and band aids then you add in the defenses and playing well now...​
I mean exactly what would you have expected from the quarterback when the defense isn't even stopping a cold??​
Literally those are all facts you're blaming the quarterback for bad coaching, bad execution by the team, literally all over this team and the two losses were bigger problems than the quarterback even yes in the playoffs...​
Show me a game where we showed up with a Emmitt Smith like performance with an offensive line that can block longer with receivers that can consistently get open they're literally being covered up more than anything the last two years, some of the worst separation rates... for sure the quarterback with the defense knowing they're going to pass because they've already stopped the run consistently with a four-to-five-man lines don't have to blitz a lot play Max coverage on the back end and somehow you think it's a quarterback issue ???​
when we can't run the ball against these teams... So not only can you not run you can't block and now the last two losses have been you can't play defense either and now it looks like schematically they're not even using our players right this offense is not suited for these players..​
Sure it's all the quarterbacks for fault he's in decline because he can't carry the team all by himself which I never seen Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever have to do ever and they had better coaching to boot better run games better offensive lines better defensive play in big games...​
facts...​
If you try to come back with a bunch of nonsense,​
I'm just gonna say the same thing over and over read it close no I'm right in the biggest games we are not as a team executing I mean let's even go back to the 14 penalties you had in the one of the niner loss Oh yeah that's not on Dak and all the penalties you had in the Arizona game this year and then all of them on defense in the last loss and you add in all that other stuff sure let's circle back around hating on the quarterback!!!!​
are you guys that delusional that much of haters that's all you can see??? I'm not saying Prescott is elite or great, but he is still a top ten quarterback whether you want to admit it or not and look around the league there isn't 20 better quarterbacks you want the front office to wake up and do what make this team worse by moving on from Prescott early??​
How about we finish out the season then see how this all works out instead of overreacting as we all do after a loss and some of you are such ridiculous responses and replies all in the same wavelength that you're way off and the reasons we're losing these games is all about the team and the coaching...​
TLDR. For goodness sake, learn the art of brevity. Mike McCarthy should decide whether a player gets benched or whether he plays. It's supposed to be the coach's choice, not the owner's. That was my point. He should feel free to bench Dak if he decides it's in the best interest of the team, and Jones should have no right to override his decision.

So quit erecting a straw man and than babbling on rebutting something that no one said. Your post is of no value and is not worth reading. Next time, actually respond to what a poster said instead of making **** up. And learn brevity. You're not a Russian novelist.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, I'm not for benching him over one game, no matter how bad it was. What I'm saying, is whether he gets benched should be Mike McCarthy's call to make, and his alone to make. If Dak stinks up the place several games in a row, and McCarthy thinks we're better off playing someone else, then, and only then, should a switch be made. It annoys me that Jones always has his fingerprints all over numerous things that should be a coach's prerogative.
I can assure you McCarthy won’t be benching him, because he’s coaching job with the Cowboys is on the line. After the great start we had if the Cowboys miss the playoffs, he’s gone. He’s going to play the QB that gives him the best chance to win, and that most definitely is Dak.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The only choice is to ride out his contract and try to find a replacement in the meantime.

blueblood70

Reaction score
TLDR. For goodness sake, learn the art of brevity. Mike McCarthy should decide whether a player gets benched or whether he plays. It's supposed to be the coach's choice, not the owner's. That was my point. He should feel free to bench Dak if he decides it's in the best interest of the team, and Jones should have no right to override his decision.

So quit erecting a straw man and than babbling on rebutting something that no one said. Your post is of no value and is not worth reading. Next time, actually respond to what a poster said instead of making **** up. And learn brevity. You're not a Russian novelist.
If you didn't read mine I'm not reading yours so go away troll I said everything was a fact you wanna come in with hyperbole and nonsense and I'm not doing it it's not babbling it's actually 100% all true now I'm gonna have to block you too I hate people who don't know how to have a debate if you don't like bringing in real facts that's how much is wrong with this team is how long my post was that's why you can't just blame the quarterback is that short enough for you only haters go out of their way to ignore all that and I use talk to text it isn't a novel and by the way every time someone says that makes you look ignorant don't you I mean you're talking about 4 paragraphs and the definition of a novel is probably like a full book 1000s of words 100s of pages but good try and total FAIL

go to Twitter where they limit words here you're not limiting my words nor are you limiting my opinion..

Brax

Reaction score
Takes one to know one, Troll.
We know when the Cowboys crush a Washington or NY or another bottom feeder and the D scored 2 TD and had 3 Turnovers you’ll be back posting how Dak delivered and elevated all those around him, maybe we will get some more of on pace for NFL records and see I was right you all don’t know football. Tad lighten up it’s getting old.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I can assure you McCarthy won’t be benching him, because he’s coaching job with the Cowboys is on the line. After the great start we had if the Cowboys miss the playoffs, he’s gone. He’s going to play the QB that gives him the best chance to win, and that most definitely is Dak.
That's not my point though. My point is, the authority to bench or not to bench should be McCarthy's and McCarthy's alone. Jones has it set up so that Jones can designate a player as unbenchable. No owner should do that. An owner should hire a coach and let him coach.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If you didn't read mine I'm not reading yours so go away troll I said everything was a fact you wanna come in with hyperbole and nonsense and I'm not doing it it's not babbling it's actually 100% all true now I'm gonna have to block you too I hate people who don't know how to have a debate if you don't like bringing in real facts that's how much is wrong with this team is how long my post was that's why you can't just blame the quarterback is that short enough for you only haters go out of their way to ignore all that and I use talk to text it isn't a novel and by the way every time someone says that makes you look ignorant don't you I mean you're talking about 4 paragraphs and the definition of a novel is probably like a full book 1000s of words 100s of pages but good try and total FAIL

go to Twitter where they limit words here you're not limiting my words nor are you limiting my opinion..
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You've still said nothing about what I wrote. I was talking about Jones allowing his coach to have authority over who plays and who doesn't. You puked out a bunch of trolling drivel that had nothing to do about anything I said, and it was evident in the first paragraph. Now you're projecting your own failures on other. You're incapable of having an intelligent conversation. You demonstrate that. then you call others trolls, when that's what you're doing. Either comment on whether the owner controls benching or the head coach or shut up. You look like a fool.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's not my point though. My point is, the authority to bench or not to bench should be McCarthy's and McCarthy's alone. Jones has it set up so that Jones can designate a player as unbenchable. No owner should do that. An owner should hire a coach and let him coach.
My point is if it is McCarthy’s decision, he won’t bench him because he knows Dak gives him the best chance to win games. He has to at least make the playoffs to save his job.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You've still said nothing about what I wrote. I was talking about Jones allowing his coach to have authority over who plays and who doesn't. You puked out a bunch of trolling drivel that had nothing to do about anything I said, and it was evident in the first paragraph. Now you're projecting your own failures on other. You're incapable of having an intelligent conversation. You demonstrate that. then you call others trolls, when that's what you're doing. Either comment on whether the owner controls benching or the head coach or shut up. You look like a fool.
DITTO got it..its that easy

no it actually does point to that because Prescott doesn't need to be benched he would not be benched they do have power oh Cooper rust and Trey Lance are not the answer therefore Prescotts not gonna be bench. It's not dribble when I'm explaining why he doesn't need to be benched because you have the bench the whole damn team got it is that short enough for you that there's no run game the offensive line is poor did rob receivers weren't getting open and the defense played terrible in both the losses who exactly you gonna bench 44 players because that's what it would be and the coach would have to fire himself because that's how bad it was on all sides of the ball...

See how thick you are you have no comprehension when someone tries to help you out there's a reason players are not being bent because it was a whole damn team that played bad period end of story you expect the quarterback to be benched when there was a reason he couldn't get it done?? Again we're back to you being a troll and a hater we get it you only see one thing you're myopic you think it's the quarterback and we can all see both losses we're a team loss!!

plymkr

Reaction score
I think they intend to give Lance a very, very hard look before they use a high draft pick on another QB.

I keep telling folks, the Cowboys did not trade a 4th round pick for a backup QB.

In fact, I remember a preseason game right after the Cowboys traded for Lance and Steven Jones was in the booth getting interviewed and said that you usually have to draft a QB like Lance very high and when you wait till the 3rd or 4th round, they are gone. So it was too good of a deal for them to pass up.

This did not sound like they think Lance is a career backup, I think they view Lance as a potential franchise QB with a little development and they may think that is a better alternative to giving Dak $50+ million a year, especially if Dak continues to struggle and we dont make the playoffs.
This is what I think too

csirl

Reaction score
The answer to the OP is obvious.

Lance starts after the bye week '- we need to see if he's good enough - cant do this with him on the bench.

In tandem, plan to draft a 1st round QB as an alternative option.

Dak is a June 1st cut.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We know when the Cowboys crush a Washington or NY or another bottom feeder and the D scored 2 TD and had 3 Turnovers you’ll be back posting how Dak delivered and elevated all those around him, maybe we will get some more of on pace for NFL records and see I was right you all don’t know football. Tad lighten up it’s getting old.
Go seek professional help. Your darned feelings are more brittle than the Titanic's structural steel beams.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
They are not getting rid of Dak after this year without a $61M hit, Jed may not be a good football man but he knows money and he knows that much cap hit would cripple this team for years to come.