1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

What do we really expect

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,968 Messages
    16,441 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

2. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    7,560 Likes Received
    You look in a mirror at yourself or something?

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  3. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Attacking. Great word to describe what a defense should be. BBDB is the antithesis of attacking, it’s soft and invites aggression. As a defense that is the worst philosophy to take, I wanna see us attack again.

4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

15,991 Messages
    19,356 Likes Received
    Only a week or so ago, we were happily singing Mike McCarthy's praises, if I'm not sorely mistaken. Now that he's been replacing and rehiring people right and left, like so many of us were begging for, all of a sudden, now he sucks?! If we aren't the essence of bipolar, I'd sure be curiously beholding to know who is! As a puzzled Coach Vince Lombardi once, long ago, had contemptuously queried, "What the hell's going on here?!" Are we not ever satisfied? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,726 Messages
    53,757 Likes Received
    You are missing a lot.

1. Get rid of the idiot HC and put someone in that position that understands football and strategy. (done)

2. Improve special teams.

3. Get a good kicker. (might be done)

Just those 3 things alone give the Cowboys at least 3 more wins this year. Maybe 4.

Another low yield season ahead? I'm calling a whole truckload of BS on that assumption.

As mentioned in my sig:

The Cowboys have the best point differential (+82) and yardage differential (+1,426)
    of any sub-.500 team in the Super Bowl era. Last year when they won the NFC East
    with a 10-6 record, they had a point differential of +15 and a yardage differential of +233.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  6. Cowboyfanforlife

Cowboyfanforlife Member

50 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    The championship defense is just not there.........thats why they are 8-8, can mccarthy retool quick enough to win it all next year? Optimism abound since he's already been there......but not likely as the culture change will take at least the first year and get his players in there......we'll see, jerry would look like a genius then.....and we'll be asking......'What took you so long?

7. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,490 Messages
    51,023 Likes Received
    :lmao:
    [​IMG]

Keep the "we" out when talking bipolar. :muttley:

maryquality, Bullflop and cwbyfan72 like this.
  8. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,219 Messages
    4,976 Likes Received
    I expect no Superbowl victories in the next five years. Don't want to get my hopes up too high. So more of the same to me.

9. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,968 Messages
    16,441 Likes Received
    I feel down laughing because we all know what your expectations and hopes will be. You’ll expect every player to fail and the team to lose.

10. Centex

Centex Well-Known Member

418 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    I expect to have a team that is no longer a circus or some broadway production.

I expect to have a team of players that is greater than the sum of the parts. Right now it is a team that is less than the sum of the parts.

I expect to have a team that is a threat to make a deep playoff run every year.

11. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,005 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    -Completely different coaching staff

-21 unrestricted free agents

-Ability to create over $100 million in cap space

-Very favorable schedule

Depends on how well free agency goes and how quickly this coaching staff can implement their philosophy and get these guys all on the same page playing together again.

12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,058 Messages
    14,674 Likes Received
    Actually the biggest step was getting rid of Marinelli and the special teams coach. Garrett’s departure ranks 3rd or 4th down the list in terms of the actual coaching change.

13. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,836 Messages
    6,150 Likes Received
    To us it's the new toy. But many of these coaches are very average at best with a few Sparks of being good. Will be interesting to see how much change is implemented on offense and defense. Schematically I like coryell system better for going downfield as opposed to West coast horizontal. How will it affect daks air yards per pass? He already has trouble hitting guys in stride can they fix it? The defense will need to be rebuilt with the loss of many starters. 1draft isn't enough, Stephen will need to find a way to sign more than bums to give us a chance.

14. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

28,618 Messages
    16,826 Likes Received
    We’re an Elite HC away.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  15. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,994 Messages
    11,257 Likes Received
    We Expect Superbowl....we're probably gonna be 8-8 again or 7-9 Mike or no Mike.
    We are Cowboy fans....

16. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,702 Messages
    16,610 Likes Received
    Hell with all the BS and issues we STILL were able to squeeze 8 wins. I gotta believe McCarthy and his experience alone is worth and additional 3-4 Ws. This is why I'm expecting nothing less 10-11 wins next season.

conner01 likes this.
  17. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

6,291 Messages
    10,605 Likes Received
    I think it's gonna be

1. Dallas
    2. Washington or Giants
    3. Philly
    4. Washington or Giants

18. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

13,805 Messages
    7,280 Likes Received

i agree, but so far, im liking all the hires, and cant wait to see what they do and bring to the team.

Its a good question by redBall, the problem is, i dont have high expectations yet because as i listed, thats what i want to see and as long as im seeing the changes and the effects all is good.

Good chance for the defense to be really good and the offense could go a few ways, so its really interesting to see what MM does.

im also hoping for a few new ideas to pop up, like listen to your players because it seemed Garrett wouldnt do that, also something that has been not used in DAllas in a long time, play the hot hand, if a player is having a great day, play it and play it hard. im also hoping we attack weaknesses agian, that would be nice to see.

Buzzbait and Rockport like this.
  19. Chrisdd

Chrisdd Member

35 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Just to see some good, solid football on sunday afternoon (or monday or thursday) , from solid coaching, good play calling, and continuous execution for four quarters. You know, what good football teams do!!

maryquality likes this.
  20. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    We are an 8-8 ball club until proven otherwise. Keep expectations low until I see a different product on the field. Love that we cleaned house, hopefully they can gel together quickly. It will be a learn on the job environment for the first 4 weeks.

PAPPYDOG likes this.