What do we really expect

willia451

Reaction score
CgxR4Ma.jpg

DuncanIso

Reaction score
from all this change for 2020?

It's all still very early as we all know.

New coaches all around

New offensive schemes with WCO

New defensive schemes with a likely change back to 3-4 as the base D

New ST emphasis kicking and field position goals

Turnover of no one knows how many FAs

Injuries to key players like Wolf Hunter, Tank, Connor William's and Tyron Smith clouding foreseen progress.

None of this has me overly juiced about 2020.

Seems to me we should be prepared for another low yield season ahead while we get things rebuilt.

Do you guys see this or am I missing a silver lining somewhere?

Opinions and clear eyed advice requested.

:omg:

too many changes on offense.

we should have kept Kitna and Colombo.

i don’t like the Nolan hire. He stinks. His defenses are ranked among the worst.

I think we could have another bad DC.

I like the STs hire.

Too many unknowns .

7-9 season or 10-6 ...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rock every once in a while you post something I really like, and the bold print above is it!
I'm sick and tired of Marinelli's Bend till it breaks defense.
And sometimes it didn't take long to break.

agree.

still celebrating the firing of Marinelli.

but is Nolan an upgrade???

no. His defenses stink. I base that on his history .

Hadenough

Reaction score

New coaches all around

Injuries to key players like Wolf Hunter, Tank, Connor William's and Tyron Smith clouding foreseen progress.

Seems to me we should be prepared for another low yield season ahead while we get things rebuilt.

I expect very similar results. Playoffs maybe and a first round exit. I think the team will be better but the division will also be better. Going anywhere in the playoffs you need really good defense and great running game or an elite QB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
:lmao:
3m9clh.jpg

Keep the "we" out when talking bipolar. :muttley:

Nothing personal, daboysrule, some of us are prone to switching allegiances at the drop of a hat, while others aren't. I certainly haven't seen that in everyone, yourself included. Most of us have probably noticed those who have and those who haven't. I think they likely know who they are, though. No doubt but what it's only fair play to allow our coaches and players to prove themselves before rendering them unworthy. ;)

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

New coaches all around

I still see ample talent on this team, I don't see Cowboys going 3-4 but more of a hybrid or 3-4/4-3. Looking at the east they all are going through change except for Philly but still think talent level of the Cowboys is greater than that of the Eagles. I expect Dallas to win the east.

conner01

Reaction score
Hell with all the BS and issues we STILL were able to squeeze 8 wins. I gotta believe McCarthy and his experience alone is worth and additional 3-4 Ws. This is why I'm expecting nothing less 10-11 wins next season.
I got to believe that last years roster would have got the division very early with this staff
Now the question comes down to the roster
If we get that right and draft well I’m optimistic

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of the sweeping changes without setting my expectations any higher than what my sane reasoning allows. The adjustments to an entirely new coaching staff and the player changes that are likely to follow makes it an extremely indefinite proposition to predict. I'll, nevertheless, be entertained as usual in seeing what comes of this ongoing effort to compete within a pretty tough schedule that lies ahead. It'll be an ongoing drama that unfolds on a weekly basis and one that's sure to interest and even intrigue most, if not all of us, win or lose. ;)

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
agree.

still celebrating the firing of Marinelli.

but is Nolan an upgrade??? no.

His defenses stink. I base that on his history .

Maybe, but at this point we don't really know that. I've seen things that showed some innovative talent on his part, unlike Marinelli's same 'ol same 'ol stuff. At the Falcons, the defense suffered from lack of talent, not coaching.
At NO he was coaching LBs, and our LBers could use some help.
It's really premature to count Nolan out. Nevertheless, it's my understanding McCarthy hired him, so McCarthy can fire him if he doesn't work out.
Like I said, it's way too early to judge, we haven't even played ONE game yet and you've got the guy down for the count??? Geez!

McCarthy sees something he likes in the guy. I'm gonna give the guy a break till he proves otherwise.
Meantime I'm just glad to be rid of Garrett and Marinelli. :thumbup:

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
In the space of 24 hours with the new information we're being given it's a safe bet expectations have changed.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only a week or so ago, we were happily singing Mike McCarthy's praises, if I'm not sorely mistaken. Now that he's been replacing and rehiring people right and left, like so many of us were begging for, all of a sudden, now he sucks?! If we aren't the essence of bipolar, I'd sure be curiously beholding to know who is! As a puzzled Coach Vince Lombardi once, long ago, had contemptuously queried, "What the hell's going on here?!" Are we not ever satisfied? :rolleyes:

Totally satisfied. The stench of red salmon is almost gone.

RS12

Reaction score
The retention of Moore in his past position tells me everything I need to know and it isnt good. Jerry still has his thumb on the scales and a new HC who ultimately accomplishes nothing more than padding his retirement accont.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Only a week or so ago, we were happily singing Mike McCarthy's praises, if I'm not sorely mistaken. Now that he's been replacing and rehiring people right and left, like so many of us were begging for, all of a sudden, now he sucks?!
If we aren't the essence of bipolar, I'd sure be curiously beholding to know who is! As a puzzled Coach Vince Lombardi once, long ago, had contemptuously queried, "What the hell's going on here?!" Are we not ever satisfied? :rolleyes:

Right on Bullflop. Some are already on his case and we haven't played one single game yet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I expect folks will pump themselves full of hope before the Cowboys find a new way to disappoint their fan base.

I've seen several new head coaches since '96. I'll believe things are different when I see different results.

Bachman05

Reaction score
What I expect is a lot less penalties during critical times , the last couple of years it seemed to be a ongoing problem that probably cost 2-3 games a year which I put on the HC , hopefully the new guy can change that

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I expect folks will pump themselves full of hope before the Cowboys find a new way to disappoint their fan base.

I've seen several new head coaches since '96. I'll believe things are different when I see different results.

Jake I can't say I'm actually "FULL of hope" before seeing some check marks in the "W" column, but IMO at least there is SOME hope because Garrett and Marinelli are gone! That alone is worth some hope! :thumbup:

Last edited: