1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

What do we really expect

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Jan 15, 2020.

1. willia451

willia451 Well-Known Member

2,579 Messages
    2,898 Likes Received
  2. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

2,990 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    too many changes on offense.

we should have kept Kitna and Colombo.

i don’t like the Nolan hire. He stinks. His defenses are ranked among the worst.

I think we could have another bad DC.

I like the STs hire.

Too many unknowns .

7-9 season or 10-6 ...

Redball Express likes this.
  3. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

2,990 Messages
    1,959 Likes Received
    agree.

still celebrating the firing of Marinelli.

but is Nolan an upgrade???

no. His defenses stink. I base that on his history .

4. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

5,216 Messages
    5,692 Likes Received
    I expect very similar results. Playoffs maybe and a first round exit. I think the team will be better but the division will also be better. Going anywhere in the playoffs you need really good defense and great running game or an elite QB.

5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,381 Messages
    19,908 Likes Received
    Nothing personal, daboysrule, some of us are prone to switching allegiances at the drop of a hat, while others aren't. I certainly haven't seen that in everyone, yourself included. Most of us have probably noticed those who have and those who haven't. I think they likely know who they are, though. No doubt but what it's only fair play to allow our coaches and players to prove themselves before rendering them unworthy. ;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,854 Messages
    44,205 Likes Received
    I expect a "process" that actually is "progress" :D

Buzzbait and Redball Express like this.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,801 Messages
    23,157 Likes Received
    I still see ample talent on this team, I don't see Cowboys going 3-4 but more of a hybrid or 3-4/4-3. Looking at the east they all are going through change except for Philly but still think talent level of the Cowboys is greater than that of the Eagles. I expect Dallas to win the east.

Redball Express and conner01 like this.
  8. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

15,169 Messages
    12,700 Likes Received
    I got to believe that last years roster would have got the division very early with this staff
    Now the question comes down to the roster
    If we get that right and draft well I’m optimistic

9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,381 Messages
    19,908 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of the sweeping changes without setting my expectations any higher than what my sane reasoning allows. The adjustments to an entirely new coaching staff and the player changes that are likely to follow makes it an extremely indefinite proposition to predict. I'll, nevertheless, be entertained as usual in seeing what comes of this ongoing effort to compete within a pretty tough schedule that lies ahead. It'll be an ongoing drama that unfolds on a weekly basis and one that's sure to interest and even intrigue most, if not all of us, win or lose. ;)

Buzzbait and Redball Express like this.
  10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    3,620 Likes Received
    Maybe, but at this point we don't really know that. I've seen things that showed some innovative talent on his part, unlike Marinelli's same 'ol same 'ol stuff. At the Falcons, the defense suffered from lack of talent, not coaching.
    At NO he was coaching LBs, and our LBers could use some help.
    It's really premature to count Nolan out. Nevertheless, it's my understanding McCarthy hired him, so McCarthy can fire him if he doesn't work out.
    Like I said, it's way too early to judge, we haven't even played ONE game yet and you've got the guy down for the count??? Geez!

McCarthy sees something he likes in the guy. I'm gonna give the guy a break till he proves otherwise.
    Meantime I'm just glad to be rid of Garrett and Marinelli. :thumbup:

Bullflop likes this.
  11. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,917 Messages
    2,093 Likes Received
    In the space of 24 hours with the new information we're being given it's a safe bet expectations have changed.

12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,858 Messages
    20,787 Likes Received
    Totally satisfied. The stench of red salmon is almost gone.

Bullflop likes this.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,639 Messages
    13,717 Likes Received
    The retention of Moore in his past position tells me everything I need to know and it isnt good. Jerry still has his thumb on the scales and a new HC who ultimately accomplishes nothing more than padding his retirement accont.

14. Buzzbait

4,152 Messages
    3,620 Likes Received
    Right on Bullflop. Some are already on his case and we haven't played one single game yet. :rolleyes:

Bullflop likes this.
  15. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,528 Messages
    36,473 Likes Received
    I expect folks will pump themselves full of hope before the Cowboys find a new way to disappoint their fan base.

I've seen several new head coaches since '96. I'll believe things are different when I see different results.

Buzzbait likes this.
  16. Bachman05

Bachman05 Active Member

204 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    What I expect is a lot less penalties during critical times , the last couple of years it seemed to be a ongoing problem that probably cost 2-3 games a year which I put on the HC , hopefully the new guy can change that

Buzzbait and Bullflop like this.
  17. Buzzbait

4,152 Messages
    3,620 Likes Received
    Jake I can't say I'm actually "FULL of hope" before seeing some check marks in the "W" column, but IMO at least there is SOME hope because Garrett and Marinelli are gone! That alone is worth some hope! :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020