What do you do about boredom?

Xelda

Reaction score
I don't think you'd be interested in cleaning house, so how about on line games? MSN has a bunch of games including the old card sets that used to come standard with computers. I have a pegboard in my garage that can always stand more rearranging. Prepare meals for the coming week. Get out the blender and try to make a healthy smoothie. Come to Cowboys Zone and see what some of our fans have to say. When all else fails, take a nap.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offline hobbies?

I put together plastic models... Have model trains. I read... A lot. Real books. Have a stack to work through.

Wife does puzzles... 500 piece jobs... putting them together on a card table (don't ask what a card table is).

What I try to totally avoid is endlessly surfing the net for a dopamine fix.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If I'm sitting down with even a hint of the appearance of boredom my wife can magically come up with hundreds of ideas to get me up and moving.

To avoid that inevitability I've got a tv and tunes and a guitar amp in the garage along with a whole bunch of stuff that needs fixing or polishing or putting back together etc.

kskboys

Reaction score
If I'm sitting down with even a hint of the appearance of boredom my wife can magically come up with hundreds of ideas to get me up and moving.

To avoid that inevitability I've got a tv and tunes and a guitar amp in the garage along with a whole bunch of stuff that needs fixing or polishing or putting back together etc.
Hints:

Always groan a bit when you move and talk about your back hurting.

And once you get past the first steps, you can move on to the real wifey control stuff. Like, annoy them so much they'll stay away!!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hints:

Always groan a bit when you move and talk about your back hurting.

And once you get past the first steps, you can move on to the real wifey control stuff. Like, annoy them so much they'll stay away!!!!

Some good, veteran advice right there!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offline hobbies?

I put together plastic models... Have model trains. I read... A lot. Real books. Have a stack to work through.

Wife does puzzles... 500 piece jobs... putting them together on a card table (don't ask what a card table is).

What I try to totally avoid is endlessly surfing the net for a dopamine fix.
I tried the plastic models but the glue was so much fun I got distracted and nailed the neighbor's garage door shut.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Read a book... write anything come to your mind .. cook something..watch some documentaries .. listen to classic music or as in my case listen to an AM radio ...you can also join a group online to talk about what interest you.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What do you do when you are sitting at home on a bad rainy day and are bored out of your mind?
Music. Listen to it, find new things you like to listen to... Musical discovery is very nice. I've been throwing down on 30's and 40's country the past 2 weeks and my wife has taken a hankering to it.
I figure to move to some 40's- 50's Jazz from there and then go to 60's Asian soul. Just for the heck of it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Read a book... write anything come to your mind .. cook something..watch some documentaries .. listen to classic music or as in my case listen to an AM radio ...you can also join a group online to talk about what interest you.
I haven't listened to AM radio for 20 years. The 'puter gives me everything I want.