What do you do for a living?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
San Mateo County? In fact I’m at park right now watching the Magical Bridge Park being built. That’s a Palo Alto non profit...darn good folks and spent a small fortune on this. Oh wait got a question. Streets...who‘s in charge of that and traffic lights?

Yeah, Magical Bridge Parks are great; real asset to the community. We have one in Palo Alto and it’s always swamped with kids. We were just at it last weekend.

Public Works Engineering (or Transportation Engineering) are typically responsible for streets/roadways...and streetlights, in most cities.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah, Magical Bridge Parks are great; real asset to the community. We have one in Palo Alto and it’s always swamped with kids. We were just at it last weekend.

Public Works Engineering (or Transportation Engineering) are typically responsible for streets/roadways...and streetlights, in most cities.
Hey thanks for info!!...and I totally agree,that foundation turns a blighted playground area into a social gathering for all ages and disabilities to enjoy.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well now...what do you know? Helping out fire dept and police with some trouble makers. Bunch of kids pulling fire alarms every night...and real punk attitudes to go with it. Alrighty then...firemen and cops want my assistance being I’m the eyes and ears around here...they got it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well now...what do you know? Helping out fire dept and police with some trouble makers. Bunch of kids pulling fire alarms every night...and real punk attitudes to go with it. Alrighty then...firemen and cops want my assistance being I’m the eyes and ears around here...they got it.
Yesterday in Hartford, there was a fire in an apartment building. The FD had just been there shortly before because someone keeps pulling the alarms. I don't know if they would've gotten there sooner, but I imagine after so many false alarms it get's easy to not feel a sense of urgency....Also, they're lucky if their isn't a fire somewhere else while they're looking into the false alarms.

That should be a felony, if it isn't already. I bet @Streetwise has a strong opinion on this subject.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yesterday in Hartford, there was a fire in an apartment building. The FD had just been there shortly before because someone keeps pulling the alarms. I don't know if they would've gotten there sooner, but I imagine after so many false alarms it get's easy to not feel a sense of urgency....Also, they're lucky if their isn't a fire somewhere else while they're looking into the false alarms.

That should be a felony, if it isn't already. I bet @Streetwise has a strong opinion on this subject.
That happens on occasion, but not a lot around here. Our systems are mandated to be able to identify what pull station was activated, then it's really up to the police. You're right about not feeling a sense of urgency. We do pretty well with it, but "nuisance calls" like false alarms, gas leaks etc... are annoying. But our mission is to treat everything like it's a barn fire.

Chrispierce

Reaction score

They better hope I don’t catch them on a bad day....the little jerks sprayed a fire extinguisher in the wind,and got to tell you that tasted like crap. They were girls too...

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That didn’t take long....sitting here taking pics of them all. How easy....I’m drinking coffee sitting here with my music clicking away. Loooool. Takes a street kid to catch a street kid. Caper solved and that’s that. Now,if they stir it up? I’ve got bargining leverage. I suppose I’ll need to go over and strike an accord to keep a peace treaty in place. Then they can skate,I can park again..and maybe a judge will have lenience for any future shenanigans I may have. “Well...it does state here you did solve the infamous Skater Scandal back in Jan of 2020...”

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
That happens on occasion, but not a lot around here. Our systems are mandated to be able to identify what pull station was activated, then it's really up to the police. You're right about not feeling a sense of urgency. We do pretty well with it, but "nuisance calls" like false alarms, gas leaks etc... are annoying. But our mission is to treat everything like it's a barn fire.
Big respect to firefighters and not just for the fires. In DC you are our first EMTs that show up when someone is injured, dying, etc. I've had to ride along in a fire truck a few times on the way to hospitals and my biggest respect goes out to them for this reason as well. They were a huge saving grace of support and comfort even when the result weren't always positive. Big Love to Firefighters.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You can say that bout almost any profession just matter of time. we will be an almost jobless society at some point.

I was chatting about this with my wife the other day. The conversion was initiated by an article I read that Domino's Pizza is trying an autonomous delivery program. An autonomous vehicle drives the pizza to your house, you walk out and enter a code, and a compartment opens up and you grab your items. I was mentioning to her how we seem to be in a big hurry to replace ourselves with technology.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I was chatting about this with my wife the other day. The conversion was initiated by an article I read that Domino's Pizza is trying an autonomous delivery program. An autonomous vehicle drives the pizza to your house, you walk out and enter a code, and a compartment opens up and you grab your items. I was mentioning to her how we seem to be in a big hurry to replace ourselves with technology.

As of now small business and brick and mortar stores closing fast.
The new generation( the kids of today) has been trained on touch screen and impulse buying they basically live online.I think the year would be around 2030 when you see very big drastic shift.It is the year of the AI.
we will be cashless and everything automated .Few jobs will be available locally and most people will be living on the new UBI ( the universe basic income).

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Attention User #8347349!

You have been re-classified for replacement by the more efficient autonomous user model #8347349B.

Please report immediately to a recycling facility where your resources will be harvested and re-purposed.

Sent from Management Operator #239753M