What do you need to see to want the Cowboys to run it back next season?

ScalperX

Reaction score
I know the objective is to be able to compete with the 49ers, but that is going to take a whole lot of luck with the current salary cap. They were extremely lucky to land Mr. Irrelevant. Their team is loaded with super stars. We are going to need 5 or 6 super star players through free agency and the draft.

You know how we compete with the 49ers? Wait until they have to pay Purdy and lose some of their pro bowl team. lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That'll get you to another wild card and divisional round exit at best.
Are we bashing Dak here? Believe me I don’t see him as a 50 million dollar QB but it’s going to happen. Don’t sign him and you place Lance in charge and likely 7 wins.

Mannix

Reaction score
Dak is never taking this team to the next level...he is easily intimidated on the road by better defenses and loud crowd noise...turns into a Cigar Store Indian, and moves 25% slower....throws horribly inaccurate....should have had 4 picks yesterday had our WR's not played defender twice. BTW....these WR's are trash when aggressively challenged at the snap.....I said yesterday morning that our passing game was going to be non existent....it ALWAYS is on the road against better teams.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Is there a team out there throwing 90% or more plays during a season? That’s the best way of converting first downs?
No, what they do is build a passing offense and then when defensive alignment dictates, run.

Every good offense in the NFL is based on that ideology.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
While my goals and aims are much higher ie a super bowl or at least a championship game, the team is literally in the middle of its best stretch since the mid 90s.

Blitzen

Reaction score
No, what they do is build a passing offense and then when defensive alignment dictates, run.

Every good offense in the NFL is based on that ideology.
Many teams run it or short pass even against heavy fronts. They do it throughout the game to body blow the opponent and set up playaction shots. They do not strictly run it when the opponent is light in the box.

I’ve listened to countless offensive coordinators, defensive coordinators, defenders, QB’s. They all say that balance between short yardage plays and long yardage pass plays are key to a consistently productive offense. They also game plan based on correlating statistical evidence on the types of run and pass plays that will most benefit them throughout a game and a season.

You are taking an all or nothing side. Using correlating evidence does not mean you must always act in a certain way. It’s there as a guideline to weigh large philosophical and foundational views, and deciding how best to proceed with core schemes and how a team’s assets can accomplish team goals.