What do you see in these pictures?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're like the Chief of the Dindus, man.

Earlier you're going back and forth about how people like me expect Dak to run block, catch, etc. You're calling me bad faith at the get go and it's not worth wasting time on.
People like you?? Man who the hell are you I never said you expect Dak to run, block, catch, etc.....I said that post to another poster......what made you think that was directed towards you? Man you are on something else lol.

Haimerej

Reaction score
People like you?? Man who the hell are you I never said you expect Dak to run, block, catch, etc.....I said that post to another poster......what made you think that was directed towards you? Man you are on something else lol.

You were both talking to me at the time and you responded to something he said to me. Get outta here with that, Chief.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I recall being impressed with Moores play calling earlier in the year.

Of course they were executing then.

The biggest difference I see......Biadasz.

He used to win plays in the run game now he doesn't at all.

Yet every run seems to be right behind him.

I have no clue how he has regressed so much but when I was studying McGoverns mess, he wasn't much better

Maybe a team doesn't need a dominant center, but he can't be getting blown up as much as 63 has been lately

CWR

Reaction score
Someone said earlier I have to break down all the 3rd downs. Said I would. Got started. Saw this. Here's what I got on the first 3rd down after the penalty-

Source

2:53 in the video
3rd & 14
Def- Cover 3, 4 rushing
Offense-
Schultz & Pollard in backfield, Coop Wide Right, CD slot right, Gallup wide left

Gallup runs a post, CD a corner, Coop a go, Pollard is the check down and Schultz stays in to block. First read is at Coop. Nothing there. There's a window for Gallup right after the cut in his route, before pressure is an issue. Pollard has the underneath defender occupied. Pressure comes and Dak rolls right instead of stepping up past the guy Schultz rerouted. Might not matter anyway. Gallup is throwing up his arm as he goes through the route. Possible 2nd window but Dak is on the move and that's a tough throw.

So why didn't he recognize the coverage and go to the backside post window earlier?

Here's the necessary caveats- this is 1 play. This is how I saw it. All QBs miss reads. I saw the next is a 3rd down conversion which could very well be all positive all around.

Thanks. To me it looked like CDs route ran him straight into coverage and Coop was bracketed with a LB dropping out in front of him. CD initially had a CB on him and the moment he rolled towards Coop CD was going straight into the safety.

Gallup came free at the exact instant Dak began to roll out. You can see a rusher break free right before then, and I'm sure he was the reason Dak rolled. The rusher came through but fell to the ground. Obviously Dak didn't anticipate him falling.

I'll say this, Dak could've hit Gallup had he stood in the pocket for half a second longer. When he rolled he was going away from Gallup, and that didn't help. Had he rolled the opposite direction he probably would've seen him.

I dont know if that's more about him rolling away with a perceived pass rush, or him just not seeing the field. Tough for me to assign blame there.

As far as Gallup breaking free earlier. It wasn't until the LB peeled off towards Pollard and then the MLB was coming that direction. I think he could've made the play, but it was going to be a tight window into double coverage.

I agree we missed an opportunity there, but that's still a tough play into double coverage. Difficult for me to rag out the qb on that play. I also have to give a lot of credit to AZ because the more I watch them the more sound they look on defense. Everyone is playing to their assignments.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no spoiler, we run short routes so the panic guy can get rid of the ball faster.
Murray has escapability and his plays aren't short.

so went want long developing plays so dak can't get pressured and panic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no spoiler, we run short routes so the panic guy can get rid of the ball faster.
Murray has escapability and his plays aren't short.

so went want long developing plays so dak can't get pressured and panic.
and earlier in the year? and how do you explain the anemic run game?

Haimerej

Reaction score
As far as Gallup breaking free earlier. It wasn't until the LB peeled off towards Pollard and then the MLB was coming that direction. I think he could've made the play, but it was going to be a tight window into double coverage.

Those are the throws that are there sometimes, though. Third and 14 is tough on everyone. I appreciate your response and generally see what you're saying.

As for, "ragging on the qb," I'd say it's 1 play in a tough situation. He misses and it's picked there's other things people would complain about. But he doesn't test zones deep very often, and there's been stuff open.