What do you see in these pictures?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
while eating bacon and farting. I remember that time you road your bike to the punt, pass and kick competition. some fat boy with the name Reid beat you.

khiladi

Reaction score
In reality, this tells us nothing. The issue is, were the guys open?

Thr Akoye and Baldinger ‘defense’ videos showed, contrary to what they claimed, in reality Dak sucked. In fact, BB came out the next week snd said dude was slow processing the field.

khiladi

Reaction score
Exactly. Cooper makes 1 remark after 1 game and now every fan thinks the sticks concept is bad. My favorite is, "uncreative."

Run up the middle for 5 yards- uncreative.

Pre-snap motion after a formation switch, double reverse, with a throwback across the field- incomplete, no gain. But that sure was creative, huh?

You know what’s comical? Don’t know about this year, but Arizona ran pre-snap motion about 10% last year, meaning they ranked DEAD LAST in pre-snap motion and DeAndre Hopkins lined up outside on the left 88.3% of the time.

Talk about lack of creativity. These guys are just looking to scapegoat Moore.

https://weeklyspiral.com/2021/09/24/the-good-and-bad-of-kliff-kingsbury-and-arizona-offense/

khiladi

Reaction score
Someone said earlier I have to break down all the 3rd downs. Said I would. Got started. Saw this. Here's what I got on the first 3rd down after the penalty-

Source

2:53 in the video
3rd & 14
Def- Cover 3, 4 rushing
Offense-
Schultz & Pollard in backfield, Coop Wide Right, CD slot right, Gallup wide left

Gallup runs a post, CD a corner, Coop a go, Pollard is the check down and Schultz stays in to block. First read is at Coop. Nothing there. There's a window for Gallup right after the cut in his route, before pressure is an issue. Pollard has the underneath defender occupied. Pressure comes and Dak rolls right instead of stepping up past the guy Schultz rerouted. Might not matter anyway. Gallup is throwing up his arm as he goes through the route. Possible 2nd window but Dak is on the move and that's a tough throw.

So why didn't he recognize the coverage and go to the backside post window earlier?

Here's the necessary caveats- this is 1 play. This is how I saw it. All QBs miss reads. I saw the next is a 3rd down conversion which could very well be all positive all around.

Look at around 2:35 on the “disguised pass defense” and tell me if there isn’t a WR, look to be Cooper, running WIDE OPEN on a crossing route, right in front of Dak’s vision, yet Dak automatically defaults to Zeke in the flat, throwing a horrible pass as well…. It was a clear bunch formation too, meaning there is no reason Dak needs to scan the whole field.

To sit there and blame anybody but Dak is just
asinine.

Again, Cooper is running WIDE OPEN on a crossing route and has plenty of room to turn it into a HUGE GAIN.

In facf, look at the previous play at around 2 minutes, where Dak is basically looking at Schultz in the left off the play action, and look at Cooper running a drag route across the field in 1 on 1 coverage.. Dak doesn’t take his eyes of Schultz the whole time..

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what will you guys do when jerry hires kellen to be new HC of cowboys ??:muttley:

khiladi

Reaction score
And people blaming Moore on the screen is completely asinine. Dak didn’t even bother to diagnose how the defense was set up and where Buddy was. He hiked and fired immediately to the screen pass.

That’s clear ad day at 3:50 in the link to the all-22 provided above.

And if you look at 4:28 on the “open route”, you have three WRs lined up on the left side. Dak’s progressions start on that side, and what does he do despite the fact he had his WR lined up on the outside in man coverage, thoroughly beating his man with the WR on the inside of him taking away the two deep safety… he takes the ‘safe’ checkdown to Zeke…

His WR on the sidelines had his HANDS UP SIGNALING HOW OPEN HE IS..

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Those are the throws that are there sometimes, though. Third and 14 is tough on everyone. I appreciate your response and generally see what you're saying.

As for, "ragging on the qb," I'd say it's 1 play in a tough situation. He misses and it's picked there's other things people would complain about. But he doesn't test zones deep very often, and there's been stuff open.

Yours as well. I actually expected Dak to look a lot worse watching the all 22. He's shares in the blame, but we better figure something out before we play them again because they did play tight defense. It would help tremendously if we could get the run game going to help open up the passing game if nothing else. I'm hoping we take our chances with Pollard getting more touches.

And my apologies for coming at you sideways earlier.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Look at around 2:35 on the “disguised pass defense” and tell me if there isn’t a WR, look to be Cooper, running WIDE OPEN on a crossing route, right in front of Dak’s vision, yet Dak automatically defaults to Zeke in the flat, throwing a horrible pass as well…. It was a clear bunch formation too, meaning there is no reason Dak needs to scan the whole field.

To sit there and blame anybody but Dak is just
asinine.

Again, Cooper is running WIDE OPEN on a crossing route and has plenty of room to turn it into a HUGE GAIN.

In facf, look at the previous play at around 2 minutes, where Dak is basically looking at Schultz in the left off the play action, and look at Cooper running a drag route across the field in 1 on 1 coverage.. Dak doesn’t take his eyes of Schultz the whole time..
yes dak looks at the # 1 option the whole way, I have noticed him doing this. only if he is forced out of pocket does he look at another wr.
or if he has all day in pocket he will look elsewhere.
as a rule, dak throws to the #1 play is designed to go to. I thought pre contract, he felt it was better to do as he was told, but post contract he does
same thing.
Looking down a guy like that should lead to int's and frustrate other wr's

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This goes back to the Jason Garrett days.

We don’t out scheme anybody. We simply rely on talent and our guys beating their guys one on one.

this is simply why we dominate bad teams and struggle against elite teams. We are a top tier team talent wise. We just can’t win on every play.
Hope Moore gets a promotion to the Jags

Haimerej

Reaction score
Look at around 2:35 on the “disguised pass defense” and tell me if there isn’t a WR, look to be Cooper, running wide open on a crossing route, right in front of Dak’s vision, yet Dak automatically defaults to Zeke in the flat…. It was a clear bunch formation too.

To sit there and blame anybody but Dak is just asinine.

Looks like Coop and yeah. He was wide open.

khiladi

Reaction score
yes dak looks at the # 1 option the whole way, I have noticed him doing this. only if he is forced out of pocket does he look at another wr.
or if he has all day in pocket he will look elsewhere.
as a rule, dak throws to the #1 play is designed to go to. I thought pre contract, he felt it was better to do as he was told, but post contract he does
same thing.
Looking down a guy like that should lead to int's and frustrate other wr's

He has been rated in top 4 among QBs, along with Goff, with the highest drop off in QBR from first read to second read among QBs yearly.

The guy States down his reads and is basically a system QB. What obfuscates it, is on scenarios where he has to go through multiple progressions, meaning zone 2 looks, he’ll ‘rush through his reads’ and default to the checkdown. So he plays it safe, which ups his QB percentage. But he can’t challenge zones at all.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Those route combinations for Dallas are awful. No wonder it seems like no one js getting open. We’re making it exceedingly easy to defend our WRs. I don’t think the Cowboys have run more than a handful of combo routes and double moves all year.

Reactions: CWR