What do you think of McCarthy as HC thread

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Could have been better, but definitely could have been much worse. I would give this a 7 out of 10. With Bellicheck or Payton being a 10.

I need to see who the DC and OC are going to be.
Payton has almost the same career numbers with MM.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Seems like a retread and a safe status quo pick. Not thrilled. I'd seriously rather Jones just take over himself if he's making moves like this.

crazytown41

Reaction score
I'm a little weary. I just remember having Aaron Jones on my fantasy team and Mccarthy stubbornly refusing to play him when he was clearly the better RB. Now look at him.

But this is like dumping your toxic ex gf and then taking anyone that takes a liking to you :facepalm:

75boyz

Reaction score
I wanna hear from you guys? I just don't know. Can fans more in the know about him comment please. Thanks.

I will try not steal the full thunder of a previous posters post but I believe McCarthy lived off a guy who had bad to poor line play yet made scramble play downfield passes an art form not seen since All day nor will it be again. Additionally made good receivers appear Hall of Fame worthy and did not have great running or defensive support most of the time.
I thought mediocrity purgatory was bad. The transition to perennial cellar dwellers is lurking. The only thing left to do is sign Whack to his 35 to 40 mil multi yr deal and the process will be complete.

Like Switzer told Jerry on the podium.."Are you having fun now Jerry?" "We did it Our Way baby"!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Smells like another puppet to me. The head coach is still Jerry Jones.
except with that mindset, no one could have been hired to make you happy.

so i don't get the point or logic or goal of this mindset.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this hire. Thought we would've spent more time interviewing. I fail to understand why we were in such a rush. Roman, Rhule, Harbaugh, Riley, Meyer, Chiefs OC, etc. We could've interviewed all of those guys. But NO! We settled for the first thing we laid eyes on. He could improve this franchise, but we rushed into it. May the football gods have mercy :facepalm:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this hire. Thought we would've spent more time interviewing. I fail to understand why we were in such a rush. Roman, Rhule, Harbaugh, Riley, Meyer, Chiefs OC, etc. We could've interviewed all of those guys. But NO! We settled for the first thing we laid eyes on. He could improve this franchise, but we rushed into it. May the football gods have mercy :facepalm:
gee. normally you're so neutral and analytical before decrying doom and despair.

cml750

Reaction score
The Cowboys no longer have to play without a head coach to give them direction.
The days of having to win in spite of Garrett are over.
The days of getting absolutely nothing from the most important position on the team are over.
The Cowboys just stepped back into the NFL.
I could not agree more. It will be good to have a coach after the decade long debacle.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
If it had to be a fat guy, I would have preferred Fat Andy Reid but he isn't available. Fat Mike did a decent job in Green Bay

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not as much about the HC as the coaching staff. I'll wait and see what kind of staff, particularly the DC and STC.