CZ POLL What do you want the Cowboys to do with their first round pick?

What do you want the Cowboys to do with their first round pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What about Sewell - don’t see him falling to 10 but if he does I cause tornado-like destruction getting the pick in.
Not me I remember I wanted Zach Martin when everybody else Wanted,defense As great as Martin is. We can get close to it in a different round

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Trading down is for teams without screaming needs and also good traders. Booger tried trading up for Lynch.

Stick at 10 and take the highest D player on the board and that might actually be the first D player off the board.

Something tells me there will be a trade between DAL and NE if a QB falls. At 15, Parsons, Horn and Surtain could be gone.

trading down can also be for teams with lots of holes they need to fill.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Or so many needs that they need more high quality picks to get starters. I think I know a team like that.

I'd likely trade back again and again til I'm out of the first. The 10 is worth 3 2nds, and that's not even making any "profit" on draft value in the trades.
I would gladly turn the 10th into 3 2nd rounders. That would give us 4.

cb, safety, LB, DT. Done!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pitts, but I doubt he’ll be there.

Qcard

Reaction score
What do you think the Cowboys should do with their first round pick?
Cowboys Trade for Safety Justin Simmons

Denver gets 2021 1st Rd pick, 2022 2nd Rd pick and Safety Donovan Wilson

Trajan

Reaction score
The decent thing to do is take the worst player available, and give the talent to teams who are actually interested in competing.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teams won't deal with the boys unless they have too or they get over compensated. I don't see anyone on the board worth a team trading up. And while trading down looks good on paper that is only if we can still get a good player who fits our need and that may be unlikely. I want the best defensive player not the runner up.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Stay put. Don't get cute and out think yourself. Let the draft fall to you and pick the best player on your board. Every. Single. Time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cowboys Trade for Safety Justin Simmons

Denver gets 2021 1st Rd pick, 2022 2nd Rd pick and Safety Donovan Wilson
Thats a lot, but thats what you have to give up to get arguably one of the leagues top safeties.
Having said that, no way Im giving that much up for a safety.. maybe Jerry has be brain washed. lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can trade down from 10 to the 15-20 range for an extra third round pick or more, I'd do it in a heartbeat. There will still be quality corners on the board and with three third round picks they could easily trade back up and have two 2nd rounders instead.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can trade down from 10 to the 15-20 range for an extra third round pick or more, I'd do it in a heartbeat. There will still be quality corners on the board and with three third round picks they could easily trade back up and have two 2nd rounders instead.
That kind of trade down gets you a 2nd rounder. No one would do that for a 3rd. That would be a rip off.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No GM disregards need and just goes for the highest guy on their board each time.

It really depends. CeeDee Lamb was sixth on Dallas' big board last year so taking him at 17 was too much of a bargain to pass up. Considering the "need" player they were considering- the DE Chaisson that the Jaguars took- it was a smart move.

At ten overall the Cowboys better do one of two things in my opinion- go best player available or trade down and stockpile picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.