What does an acceptable rebuild transition period look like for you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Going down with the ship? So you are making the argument that the team’s attitude towards Vinny made the defense go from 2nd to 28th in one season? That Carter’s 257 yards rushing was so amazing in 2003 that the team went backwards in total team yardage (~30 yards) on offense and in points scored (4 points) from 2003 to 2004? That’s shooting from the gut-not the brain. That highlight pass play could not happen with Antonio Bryant (and Vinny) anyway when he threw a major tantrum with Bill during the 2004 offseason-and was traded a little after games began.
You went down with the ship when you said we won a lot of low scoring games in 2003. You couldn’t have been more wrong. :thumbup: Carter was cut right before training camp in 2004 because of a failed drug test and it rocked the team. It came with no warning. The timing couldn’t have been worse and immediately old man Vinny became the starter. The fans and players had no confidence in him. Most of the fans on the board I was posting on at the time predicted a bad season. Vinny was a statue with no mobility. He was so washed up it was embarrassing. You can’t just compare his numbers with Carter. Our OL struggled with inconsistency in 2004. The defense fell off because the Cowboys lost Mario Edwards in FA and Darren Woodson retired. Our secondary fell apart.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You went down with the ship when you said we won a lot of low scoring games in 2003. You couldn’t have been more wrong. :thumbup: Carter was cut right before training camp in 2004 because of a failed drug test and it rocked the team. It came with no warning. The timing couldn’t have been worse and immediately old man Vinny became the starter. The fans and players had no confidence in him. Most of the fans on the board I was posting on at the time predicted a bad season. Vinny was a statue with no mobility. He was so washed up it was embarrassing. You can’t just compare his numbers with Carter. Our OL struggled with inconsistency in 2004. The defense fell off because the Cowboys lost Mario Edwards in FA and Darren Woodson retired. Our secondary fell apart.

I consider lots to be three to four wins out of 10 lol. I consider 21 points to be a pretty low score (and definitely 19, 17, and 10). You keep trashing Vinny -who I can agree was close to a net zero QB like Carter (but Carter ran much faster and was more exciting lol) and the current QB.

I like it that you are now saying that I cannot compare one QB’s numbers to another when they happened one year apart on the same squad. The defense was responsible for the enormous bulk of wins in 2003 and the enormous bulk of losses in 2004-because math, logic, and reason tell the story (but less dramatically than saying Carter’s departure scuttled the 2004 team’s chances). Like I said before-you keep trying to hype Carter’s 2003 contributions then follow it with trashing Vinny’s basically identical offensive contributions (including interceptions) in 2004 because you dug into your ridiculous argument that the 2004 squad lost more games in 2004 than 2003 because of the dropoff in QB play (as though the extra 9 points given up PER GAME someone pales in comparison in the dropoff from the great Quincy Carter to Vinny Testaverde).. The offensive line struggled with inconsistency in 2004? Is that why only won 6 games instead of 10 (I thought you were trying to pin it on Vinny).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I consider lots to be three to four wins out of 10 lol. I consider 21 points to be a pretty low score (and definitely 19, 17, and 10). You keep trashing Vinny -who I can agree was close to a net zero QB like Carter (but Carter ran much faster and was more exciting lol) and the current QB.

I like it that you are now saying that I cannot compare one QB’s numbers to another when they happened one year apart on the same squad. The defense was responsible for the enormous bulk of wins in 2003 and the enormous bulk of losses in 2004-because math, logic, and reason tell the story (but less dramatically than saying Carter’s departure scuttled the 2004 team’s chances). Like I said before-you keep trying to hype Carter’s 2003 contributions then follow it with trashing Vinny’s basically identical offensive contributions (including interceptions) in 2004 because you dug into your ridiculous argument that the 2004 squad lost more games in 2004 than 2003 because of the dropoff in QB play (as though the extra 9 points given up PER GAME someone pales in comparison in the dropoff from the great Quincy Carter to Vinny Testaverde).. The offensive line struggled with inconsistency in 2004? Is that why only won 6 games instead of 10 (I thought you were trying to pin it on Vinny).
We’re almost into day 3 and I didn’t bother reading any of that. I’m not about to go into the weekend with this. Have fun! :thumbup:

Blitzen

Reaction score
We’re almost into day 3 and I didn’t bother reading any of that. I’m not about to go into the weekend with this. Have fun! :thumbup:

It’s hard to argue with math. If you can bring an actual reasoned argument that has math, reason, and logic I reserve the right to alter my opinion. I cannot understand how someone would attempt to blame 2003 to 2004 win total drop on much more than the abrupt reversal of team defense-and same poor offense. Blaming the difference in wins on the team’s morale being destroyed because of the change in QB is close to truthiness.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm just curious for those who want to blow it up, or at the very least move on from Dak. How long would you be comfortable absolutely sucking after?
This isn't a loaded question either, or a disguised thread to fearmonger what losing dak would look like. I'm just coming around, and wondering how others feel.

I'd hate just being terrible with no hope for 3 years +.
We rebuild every year right back to mediocrity.