What does Cooper Rush bring to this team?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garret does not like being the only ginger on the sideline. It is comforting and reassuring to be able to glance at someone next to you and identify with them.

jnday

Reaction score
To me, both Rush and Dak present living proof of the appreciable work that Kitna has done in his QB coaching role. Under Moore, both Prescott and Rush's abilities were lessened, while Kitna's influence actually appeared to aid their causes significantly. He's definitely a keeper in that role, imho. In both cases, their delivery times noticeably improved, with much better footwork and their accuracy also progressed very nicely.
I wish Kitna was still young enough to play. He played with guts and would probably start in this team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Better explain that one to Jeff Hostetler, and Nick Foles bud.......

P.S. Rush is equal or better in certain areas than Dak (Accuracy,Poise in the pocket etc) so having to go with him as a starter isn't really gonna change (actually might improve) things as we have most Anemic passing game including our 29th red zone offense.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: “Rush is equal or better” :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well he was good his first year and bad last year. He looks a lot better this year. He's a real Cowboy. Up one year and down another. This year it looks like he's up.

staubach24

Reaction score
Until he gets an opportunity, I guess he just brings a clipboard and a baseball cap

CooterBrown

Reaction score
He's got to be one of the worst backup QBs in the league. Guys like Mark Sanchez and Matt Hasselbeck bounce around the league forever, because they have starting experience and can see the field. It's almost like having an extra coach.

Rush doesn't have starting experience that translates to games or seeing the field as a backup. His skills haven't really improved since he came into the league. Every ball he throws floats forever. No zip at all. He has a long windup, although he does seem to be reasonably accurate, but that's the only trait I can think of that is a positive. He doesn't really have much pocket presence or agility.

I know the peanut gallery will say we are screwed if Dak goes down, but what if it is just a couple of games and we need someone to keep us relevant? I don't think Rush is the guy to do that.

If you think the team can find a better backup, ok, you are entitled to your opinion, but don’t ignore the obvious:
The pass across the deep middle that hit Lucas in stride was not a floater.

Weeden had a cannon for an arm but sucked as a QB.

Arm strength is not the defining trait for a QB. Awareness and anticipation are.

In my opinion Rush is just fine as a backup.

kskboys

Reaction score
He doesn't have a strong arm nor uber athletic for sure, but he is far from the worst backup in the league. Nobody paying attention to the league and QB's like the one Houston rolled out last night...would suggest that.

Sees the field well, anticipates, is accurate and moves decently well.
Joe Webb played well this preseason before last night. We were in his face at the snap almost every play. I started feeling sorry for the guy.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you think the team can find a better backup, ok, you are entitled to your opinion, but don’t ignore the obvious:
The pass across the deep middle that hit Lucas in stride was not a floater.

Weeden had a cannon for an arm but sucked as a QB.

Arm strength is not the defining trait for a QB. Awareness and anticipation are.

In my opinion Rush is just fine as a backup.
True, but they must have at least a minimum of arm strength. Rush does not.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The change in Rush's confidence really seems to present a different picture of him. He delivers the ball without hesitation, whereas last year's version of this guy didn't suggest that at all. I think Kitna really did a yeoman's job in improving his skills. The same holds true for Dak. ;)
how do you know Kitna has had any impact on him? Maybe it is just the fact he is in his 3rd year and its just a natural progression, in addition to Cooper just feeling more comfortable in his roll? Kitna may deserve tons of credit, but you dont have a damn clue what Kitna has or hasnt done. Are you in their meetings?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
most teams in the nfl if there starting qb goes down there season is over there are not enough starting qbs to go around much less good back ups
if only we had a coach like Mike McCarthy. He is clearly better than JG as he was much better prepared when Rodgers went out for the season... I mean they did win 1 or 2 games without Rodgers. Much , much better than JG