What does Cowboys season look like without Elliott?

pancakeman

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could pretend to know the answer to this question, given that the backups haven't played a single down in the league.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how anyone could pretend to know the answer to this question, given that the backups haven't played a single down in the league.
Sure, it's all speculation. Our GM better get down to just that - real soon.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pending any suspensions of course and for how long is all part of the discussion.

Most of all what are the effects without him in the lineup?
This event puts a damper on expected outcomes, however, I don't think it's as bad as the 2017 season without Zeke, nor the 2018 season without Frederick. We have more offensive options now and do not have to be dependent on the RB position to excel. We will be more dependent on the QB and KM. We will need the new RBs to produce good runs.
If this goes down, I can't realistically expect anyone to produce runs like Zeke, but it would be nice to see one of them blow up -
especially if the Oline returns to a semblance of its former powerful self.
Stay tuned sports fans. It's North Dallas Forty time again!

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'm really optimistic about this season, regardless of Zeke's situation.It's not that I think Dak will suddenly be a lot better than he has been as much as I think part of the problem has been Linehan's predictability and I think all Moore has to do is be a bit more creative and that will let the offense look better than it did last year, even if we have to roll with our rookies or sign a vet.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm really optimistic about this season, regardless of Zeke's situation.It's not that I think Dak will suddenly be a lot better than he has been as much as I think part of the problem has been Linehan's predictability and I think all Moore has to do is be a bit more creative and that will let the offense look better than it did last year, even if we have to roll with our rookies or sign a vet.
I just don't think we are as dependent on Zeke as we were in more desperate times. He has been the driving force. Who knows what Moore intended to show us? Still wonder why they had two RBs picks in the draft...:popcorn:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, now that's enough of that! You've been here for almost 3K posts and know very well that knowing the answer isn't remotely required to us giving our well founded opinions.

And this is a dandy one. Take a situation with an unknown outcome and then postulate on the effect of what we don't know really happened.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, now that's enough of that! You've been here for almost 3K posts and know very well that knowing the answer isn't remotely required to us giving our well founded opinions.

And this is a dandy one. Take a situation with an unknown outcome and then postulate on the effect of what we don't know really happened.
:popcorn:We are all pretty much fantasy GMs and coaches!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They just want him gone for the first game against the Giants. If we had the Rams week one... it wouldn't be an issue.

The only way Dak can play himself out of a huge payday is if both Zeke and Cooper were out for the season.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
This wasn’t a DV against a women. He may not have been nice to his girl but he didn’t hit her.

Elliot, fly this kid out and spend the day with him. Look him in the eyes and say sorry bro, I was drunk as a skunk. Slide him a check. Go home and stay there until training camp.

I guess this is dependant on if Mara would write a bigger check.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolutely. No one can know. But we can certainly speculate and discuss the potential effects and impacts.