What does Cowboys season look like without Elliott?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They just want him gone for the first game against the Giants. If we had the Rams week one... it wouldn't be an issue.

The only way Dak can play himself out of a huge payday is if both Zeke and Cooper were out for the season.
There’s an interesting thought I hadn’t considered.

Could a potential suspension of Elliott effect contract negotiations with Dak and or Cooper?? Hmmmmm

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
no Zeke means no room for error...we need all hands on deck...TcB!!!!!
a slow start by Pollard....un-even reps by Weber or injuries along the OL could make it worse.
TCB baby!
Hey! Have you ever seen Bubba Ho-Tep?

giphy.gif

I love that movie!

Last edited:

Wood

Reaction score
Pending any suspensions of course and for how long is all part of the discussion.

Most of all what are the effects without him in the lineup?

A part of me thinks thats what needs to happen to get true look at Dak..then base his contract off what your eyes tell you. Now the trade off is Dallas might lose few games but I think this franchise is being held hostage by Zeke erratic behavior. They need to see if Dak is able to take step forward and reduce reliance on Zeke.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A part of me thinks thats what needs to happen to get true look at Dak..then base his contract off what your eyes tell you. Now the trade off is Dallas might lose few games but I think this franchise is being held hostage by Zeke erratic behavior. They need to see if Dak is able to take step forward and reduce reliance on Zeke.
Might not have a choice...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Elliott is out, it depends on Dak. If he improves, we still can make the playoffs.
Why?
We have a better, healthier offensive line. Remember when we were arguing that "anybody could run behind this line"?
Well, anybody should be Pollard, Weber or Darius Jackson (he has to have learned something in the three years he's been in the league)?
We have Witten, Cooper, Gallup and Cobb.
We have a great defense.
This team should not be dependent SOLELY on Zeke.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Elliott is out, it depends on Dak. If he improves, we still can make the playoffs.
Why?
We have a better, healthier offensive line. Remember when we were arguing that "anybody could run behind this line"?
Well, anybody should be Pollard, Weber or Darius Jackson (he has to have learned something in the three years he's been in the league)?
We have Witten, Cooper, Gallup and Cobb.
We have a great defense.
This team should not be dependent SOLELY on Zeke.
Agreed. Defense should be better, too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t see Zeke getting more than 2 games, If he gets any.

That being said. If he was lost for the season. I still think Dallas could be a potential wild card team. But definitely wouldn’t be able to take the next step. With Zeke. I think the team can make the NFC title
Game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He shouldn't get more than merely a few games suspended.

Maybe we'd win them anyway, if it's starting the season.
Otherwise, it'll be like -- wait for it . . . Ouch! :omg:

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve already had a couple good sample sizes without Elliott and Cooper and why some of us are already lobbying we offer him a more team friendly contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pending any suspensions of course and for how long is all part of the discussion.

Hope we get real accurate when it comes to kicking Field Goals as that's pretty much what our offense will be doing for the season!

P.S. Only exception on the above is unless we're playing the Giants late in the season and there home for the playoffs......:omg:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Without him in the lineup we were in turmoil. Simply because of the unknown. We won games without him in the lineup. If we are totally prepared for it it would be a downgrade but we still can win. One of the running backs we took in this year's draft should be a great special teams returner.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hope we get real accurate when it comes to kicking Field Goals as that's pretty much what our offense will be doing for the season!

P.S. Only exception on the above is unless we're playing the Giants late in the season and there home for the playoffs......:omg:
We were kicking field goals with him in the lineup.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When we weren't playing Smash Mouth football trying to play ball control. We destroyed the Ravens and the Giants. It's just a different game plan one player does not make a team ever. That doesn't mean it's not a drop off. It just means you find other ways to win. Prescott is more than capable I'm not worried about him

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

There is no suspension planned. Not even any evidence that the NFL is investigating and nothing on the mother site, NFL.com

Ok I'll play along in case of a Zeke injury. Prediction... .500 ball without him

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree. “ Can our QB play well without that RB?”

And this is probably the biggest question. Prior history doesn’t provide us much comfort.
Not sure panic is called for.

Remember..wasn't that long ago we had DeMarco Murray.

We did ok.

Randle was a disaster.

MBIII was another guy who lasted a couple of years and did well.

It maybe that we have to stop thinking in terms of Zeke always being around.

Some have suggested we drafted thinking to replace Zeke.

I thought that was crazy but it maybe.

Zeke is slowly playing his way off the team and out of his big contract.

Planned obsolescence and back to playing by committee maybe required at RB for us.

Thing is..one of two things this will do..

If he is suspended a siignificant number of games..

then we will find out quickly if the $30 mil to DAK is worth it or not.

Also we will know if putting the whole season on DAK if Zeke is gone is surely going to speed up DAK's development.

Good or bad.

We will see.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
First off, even if Zeke gets suspended, I doubt it would be more than a one or two game slap on the wrist so the NFL can make an example out of him.

But without Zeke for a prolonged period, I think a few things happen. The Cowboys would acquire another veteran back; either by free agency (Jay Ajayi and Alfred Morris are still out there) or by trade. Another is a repeat of 2017 won't happen. Dak is a better QB now; and even though it was the Giants, I look at the game he had in last year's regular season finale without Elliott. That was a good sign.