CFZ What does it take to win a Super Bowl?

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Considering how close the scores are in the NFL games nowadays, I would say you need a darn good kicker.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Wentz's 2017 team won the all of their playoff games, including a win over Brady in the SB, without him. Seems like he had a pretty good supporting cast.

Since then, two teams have given up on him and the head coach of his third one threw him under the bus last week. The dude was a second overall pick.
A win, over Brady, in the SB by a backup QB.

Blackrain

Reaction score
A lot of things. The talking heads searching for clicks will attribute every win or every loss to the QB. It’s just what they do. They’re paid to create controversy. But it takes more than the QB to make it to the big dance. You have to have a good running game. You have to have good receivers. You have to have good tight ends (this is really important for the female fans), I kid, I kid. And most importantly on the offense you have to have a really good offensive line. No QB, even the elite ones, can be consistently elite without that kind of team. Just look at how Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrows and Jackson are doing. Now, look at how the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles and Vikings are doing. They’re playing well without elite QB’s.

You also have to have a better than average defense. Deficiencies in any of these areas will hamper your team just look at the elite QB’d teams I’ve mentioned.

Now look at the Bills. Middle of the pack running game and the #1 passing offense along with the #2 defense in the NFL. An elite QB like Allen, Mahomes, Rogers, Brady can overcome weaknesses in one are but they can’t overcome weaknesses in multiple ares of the team. Just can’t do it. I haven’t even touched on coaching which is another aspect of the team that must be good.

My point is that no matter how good your QB is, it takes a complete team to win a Super Bowl. Not just 1 player.

I feel we have the most complete team we have had in years.
In my opinion we are a nose tackle short of having a truly elite team.

We beat both the competitors in last year's Super bowl with our backup quarterback and we are going to get some more players back in the near future that could make us even more complete and give us more depth.

Of course injuries can happen at any time but at this moment this team and our schedule is set up for our starting quarterback to come back and be very successful.

There is really no excuse for not finishing this season strong as much of the heavy lifting has already been taken care of.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I feel we have the most complete team we have had in years.
In my opinion we are a nose tackle short of having a truly elite team.

We beat both the competitors in last year's Super bowl with our backup quarterback and we are going to get some more players back in the near future that could make us even more complete and give us more depth.

Of course injuries can happen at any time but at this moment this team and our schedule is set up for our starting quarterback to come back and be very successful.

There is really no excuse for not finishing this season strong as much of the heavy lifting has already been taken care of.
Just need a little luck like all teams do and this team can compete with anyone.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just need a little luck like all teams do and this team can compete with anyone.
I'm totally on board Rocky and I think we can make a little bit of our own luck if we can just omit these penalties and especially the totally avoidable ones like unsportsman like conduct and blocking in the back along with false starts.

I can deal with some holding because sometimes that has to be done to protect your quarterback from being killed and a lot of it is subjective as to how they are calling the game.

But when you're about to get off the field and you have to taunt a guy and get 15 yards that kind of stuff just makes me crazy.

If we can just get a little better at stopping the run and eliminate the really stupid penalties I really believe we can get a little further in the playoffs and NFC championship game is a possibility if we can just get through our own division that has somehow magically transformed itself into the best in football this year when we actually have a chance to do something big who would have thought

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great question :

Salary Cap era has created a new definition :

With rare exception you need either an Elite QB or defense.

While balance is still critical you basically need to be great on one side of the ball and average to above average on the other side.

Arguably this era at least up until now the Cowboys have had neither an Elite QB or Elite defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stafford is a very good QB.
Yes, I’d argue he’s closer to Elite than most teams without an Elite QB have. And the Rams had a top caliber defense as well.

And they probably lucked out not having to play Buffalo or KC.