What does Jason Garrett actually do?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I can't stand that Jason is just too mild-mannered on the sidelines he doesn't get the respect benefit of the doubt for the referees. That's what bothers me most about him. But how can you not support a guy that the locker room supports. Isn't that what's really important. The team believes in him. So until he loses that

The only credit I can give him is that the team never quits on him. But if he isn't competent in other areas, no reason to keep him if he can't get us to the next level.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only credit I can give him is that the team never quits on him. But if he isn't competent in other areas, no reason to keep him if he can't get us to the next level.
I think it's NFC Championship Game or goodbye but I don't own the team. If we don't get past the second round of the playoffs I'm done

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
How did he particularly lose that Lions game. I saw three Defenders trying to stop Keyshawn. How was that his fault and I'm not making excuses for him I'm just curious what he has done particularly to lose a game

He could have run the ball more. Chew some time off the clock.

As the coach, you control every aspect of the game. This is another case where Garrett doesn't have a feel for the game and is too stubborn to adapt or make proper changes to fit the situation.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He could have run the ball more. Chew some time off the clock.
I don't recall he was calling plays back then. Yeah there's a lot of things I don't like. The issue is I know what the Alternatives can be.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I get that. But I'm not sure he's putting the game plan together you realize this is Dallas right and not a regular franchise

He is the coach. He controls every aspect of the team. If he doesn't then he is nothing more than a statue that chews gum and butt slaps the players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

What does he actually do that any figurehead like Switzer or Campo couldn't do?
its his offense. you seriously think a rookie OC, in his second year of coaching....that's total coaching experience is going to run this offense. he will be eaten up live by NFL coordinators.

and I am not a garrett defender, but what does Pete Carroll do? what does Matt Naggy do? What does John Harbaugh do? what does Ron Rivera do? What does bill O'Brien do? and a few others....none of them call the offense. or call the defense. and none of them have their own offensive or defensive play books..

you want to talk and criticize his in game management. then you got a valid point...what you said, was not that smart!!!

and I can't believe you even brought up Campo...he was a bafoon

dfense

Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

He owns the division for one. 5-1 Pretty good for a team who's QB can't buy a TD in the red zone. Have you been watching this blue/grey scimmage?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

The answer in pictures...

images.jpg

tumblrmnxocoI2np1so8.gif

JerryJones1466x700.jpg

b86DallasCowboysJerryJo.jpg

7066f79719014862b0d8.png

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

He fights, scratches, and claws like nobody I’ve ever seen!

Blake

Reaction score
You do realize Kellen is just the play caller, right? He is not designing a new offense. This has been Garrett's offense since 2007. And it hasn't changed any. The only difference we will get is maybe pace of play.

I am not slamming Moore. You can't give a chef dog crap and expect a 5 star restaurant meal. I am 100% slamming Garrett's offense.

Gordan Ramsay would be totally exasperated.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
the team did go 7-1 after starting 3-5 but.. i know i know.. he deserves 0 credit for that

Fire407

Reaction score
Wrong. We didn't have time on the play clock. We were going to be penalized calling timeout stopped the penalty the kick wouldn't have counted anyways we didn't have the right Personnel out there
Wrong. The kick was simultaneous with the timeout. If there was going to be a delay of game penalty because of the play clock then the timeout wouldn't have been in time either. The kick would have been good if no timeout was called.

ghst187

Reaction score
It's not his offense.
It's not his defense.
He doesn't call plays.

The same question Jerry should’ve been asking himself years ago.
Clearly watching the All or Nothing series he is really just a motivational figurehead with a case of the claps. I really didn’t get the sense he was in the weeds on strategy which is probably why we rarely see any innovative game plans or in game adjustments. The players seem to like him and he seems inspirational yet non-tactician.