CFZ What Does This Team Really Want from the Players It Pays Big?

Sydla

Reaction score
my point is you invest your money in positions that contribute the most to success of a team. Guard is last on the least. you have 220M to spend. how do you spend it and put the best possible team out there. and I agree. I love martin. I think the money he got back then was fair, about what I would pay a top guard (not looking at the first year money, but subsequent years). I don't think I want to reinvest crazy dollars in Martin.
"Don't want to reinvest" is a nebulous phrase.

Are you saying we should just let him play out his 2024 season, which he is under contract for, and then just let him walk if he won't play for a cheap extension? Or no extension at all?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this was NE, I think Prescott, Lamb and Diggs would all be on the trade blocks. And Gallup and Pollard would be gone. The team would have all sorts of shiny new pieces heading into the season. But what they have is a broken part time RB and an overrated overpaid #3 WR.
Love me some Pollard. Got strength, wiggle, speed, good hands.

But he's moving into a different role..coming off fairly severe injury (yes I know, you internet docs say it was nothing). Imma cheer him on and hope for his very best...but he does have to get in there and...FILL the role...not just potential it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What Does This Team Really Want from the Players It Pays Big?​

They want these players to play big in big games.
Seems like the discussion should be over. :laugh:

But no really....where ARE our big pay players playing big in big games?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"Don't want to reinvest" is a nebulous phrase.

Are you saying we should just let him play out his 2024 season, which he is under contract for, and then just let him walk if he won't play for a cheap extension? Or no extension at all?
perhaps a serious consideration. I don't mean Cheap, but something that fits our needs. I don't think we should break the bank. if he wants to be highest paid, then we should seriously consider walking away. again, I love Martin, but there is a level above which we may not want to go. Keeping in mind we have Parson, Diggs, Lamb.