What happened to the best WR trio in the NFL?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Agree. None are top 10. Each is lacking a key talent or skill that would put them at the next level.
giphy.webp

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We’re very deep at WR, but there are better receivers in the league. Cooper is top 10. Lamb and Gallup are top 25-30. But there are other offenses with weapons. For example, 49ers have arguably the best TE in football along with a freak WR/RB in Samuel. If we ranked receiving options, 49ers would have the top 2 and Dallas would have the next 5-6.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure what RAC ability we are talking about with Lamb...because I see almost no RAC ability.

hopemsu

Reaction score
How was our run game the first 8 games compared to the last half of the season? I would take a super wild guess and say it tapered similar to the passing game. I'm assuming Dak forgot how to hand off too..

dfense

Reaction score
Criticizing a WR in this offense is like blaming the kids in the orphanage for being skinny when they can't find enough crumbs on the floor.

jsb357

Reaction score
the mediocrity that is Dallas starting soaking in early on Lamb

Only the best ones can hold out a few years

NotForLong

Reaction score
And? That doesn't explain why he's dropping footballs 5 yards down the field....that may sound like sound logic to but it nots not adding up.
Maybe Dalton's passes are what they call "Catchable" and Dak's are not

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
At the beginning of the year many on this site and around the NFL world thought the big 3 Dallas WR corp was the best (or top 3) in the NFL. All the talk was about how NFL defenses could never stop this offense with all of these weapons'. It sure didn't look that way most of the year and especially on Sunday. What happened?

Cooper is a #1 that can be very reliable and dangerous.

…DB Cooper?

Amari has 10 100 yard games… in the past three seasons combined. In that same stretch, he had 22 games where he failed to even get 60 yards. Dangerous? Occasionally, oh yeah. Reliable? We’re going into year EIGHT, and he’s yet to be that.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
If you look around the league, many teams have 3-4 very good wideouts. It’s a passing league, except in some places that pay a RB $90 million.

Is the Cowboys trio that great?

Amari is very good. Whether it’s the scheme or the qb they don’t throw to him enough. Also, this year he seemed to be less explosive. Every single year he seems to have nagging leg injuries. He’s 27, but I feel like he’s 31 with all the injuries, that he does play through to his credit.

Lamb is a good player. He’s also a product of Cowboys hype. “Can’t believe he fell to 17”, “he’s the next 88”, in camp they’ll tell you “he’s taking the leap to superstar”. All that bs. Drops have been a problem. Also, he seems to run a few incorrect routes per game and at times doesn’t seem to know what in the hell he is doing.

Gallup played half a season. At times, the offense functioned better without him.

Cedrick Wilson is a fine player. Jack of all trades player that is useful but scares absolutely no one.

Brax

Reaction score
At the beginning of the year many on this site and around the NFL world thought the big 3 Dallas WR corp was the best (or top 3) in the NFL. All the talk was about how NFL defenses could never stop this offense with all of these weapons'. It sure didn't look that way most of the year and especially on Sunday. What happened?

Cooper is a #1 that can be very reliable and dangerous. His route running is the best on the team. But at the same time he seems to be very streaky. Get him going early or forget about it.

Gallup can make those tough, clutch catches. But, he also can drop the easy passes and is often over looked. Plus due to injuries he missed too much time this season.

CD Lamb is explosive and dangerous with the ball in his hands. But had way too many drops. His route running is poor at best and he seemed to decline as the season progressed. At times he looked awful.
I think the answer is simple #4.

Xeven

Reaction score
Someone has to throw the ball beyond line of scrimmage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, Lamb is Dez Bryant and stubborn about working to improve. He was about the same kind of route runner at OU as he is in Dallas.

Bryant’s game was the 50/50 ball and Lamb’s was the rac that he exploited in the Big 12.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think Lamb can be great. I think they don’t use him right. They scheme for Wilson better than CeeDee. He needs to be breaking on the middle and get balls in stride. We just use him as a bubble screener. He needs slants, dog routes, quick seam routes.