Video: What Happened To Will Grier's Career So Far

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Grier is a very talented kid who simply needs to learn to play under center. High ceiling, could easily become an NFL starter. Total steal for us.

Not going to denigrate the guy. Actually don't know much about him.

But now he is in our sandbox I am looking to see if he has the ability and spark to work on himself and become the next Romo or Brady.

As the 100th overall pick he should have some talent, but when you come into the NFL you need to focus on pinpoint accuracy and process three times as fast the college game. If he can pick up those two traits we may have ourselves a steal here.

There is a long ways between the "if" and the title of "steal" not only for Grier, but every other mid to late round pick.

stinkface

Reaction score
That commentator surely didn't make Grier's mental capacity sound like anything special when it came to understanding the playbook. So, here's hoping Coach Nussmier has a knack for knowing how to reach Grier in ways that others didn't. He may be able to achieve more than a backup status but I could easily live with it, if he's simply capable in that role . . . ;)

Yet if one reads the stuff from when he was in WV it talks all about being a gym rat and being mature and having lots of knowledge. Kinda like that one pic a few years ago when one person said the dress was blue and the other one said it was green. Different folks see different things.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Then he's dumb. Grier is a coach's son, and a great football mind.

Perhaps so but not so fast . . .

Is it possible that Will Grier actually has a better relationship with Nussmier than he had with his dad? I think it's quite possible.

There are times when any two individuals relate more receptively with certain other people, regardless of their family scenario.

Consider how Will Grier said that his relationship with Doug Russmier was such that he values the hands-on way of Russmier.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yet if one reads the stuff from when he was in WV it talks all about being a gym rat and being mature and having lots of knowledge. Kinda like that one pic a few years ago when one person said the dress was blue and the other one said it was green. Different folks see different things.

Note the post I made that preceded this one. I swear I didn't read yours before posting what I did. We're in total agreement, my friend.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Grier is a very talented kid who simply needs to learn to play under center. High ceiling, could easily become an NFL starter. Total steal for us.

Sorry, I wish I'd have read this post before lecturing you with my misunderstanding of your opinion of Grier. I thought you were saying Grier's dad was a "great football mind" and that Grier was dumb. Upon reading this post, I understand what you actually meant to convey. My apology, here.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be something if Grier started playing up to his potential and challenged for the starting position next year?
Lol...Hey anyone know if Dak and Grier ever went against each other in a college game?

John813

Reaction score
I liked him at WVU. I can't say how he'll be as a pro, or at least moving forward, but I thought he had enough talent to be at least a competent backup.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You-know-what is still a public health menace. Gotta have a backup to the backup.

Yep, sure do -- it's the same menace that's creating a life-threatening curse for everyone on this planet. Good call, sir!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Grier will soon be the backup QB.

That's very possible but in the meantime, it'll be a blessing to have Rush available, until Grier might be fully ready to take over. There's nothing like competition to bring out the best in those competing! It seems like a healthy situation, to be sure.