Video: What Happened To Will Grier's Career So Far

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's very possible but in the meantime, it'll be a blessing to have Rush available, until Grier might be fully ready to take over. There's nothing like competition to bring out the best in those competing! It seems like a healthy situation, to be sure.
Everyone should have to earn their spurs.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's very possible but in the meantime, it'll be a blessing to have Rush available, until Grier might be fully ready to take over. There's nothing like competition to bring out the best in those competing! It seems like a healthy situation, to be sure.
Rush does not have NFL talent. Great guy and all, but simply doesn't have the skillset.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rush does not have NFL talent. Great guy and all, but simply doesn't have the skillset.

I tend to agree with that and really hope Grier enjoys the help from Russmier to maximize his abilities. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for him in Carolina. Nevertheless, he seems to have faith that Russmier will be the hands-on help that he craves. I hope it's true.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I tend to agree with that and really hope Grier enjoys the help from Russmier to maximize his abilities. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for him in Carolina. Nevertheless, he appears to have faith that Russmier will be the hands-on help that he needs. I hope it's true.
Like Dinucci, Grier should have never played last season. He was simply not ready, mostly due to coming from a spread O and not being ready to play in the pocket. I would imagine CAR was already working on that, so if we can continue his development in that area, we could have some quality on our hands. Dude has a great arm and reads Ds well, just a matter of getting him acclimated.

Grier getting cut was simply a numbers game at CAR. PJ Walker is their backup w/ strong ties to the HC, and their 3rd stringer is a Taysom Hill type, so Grier never had a chance to make the roster.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like Dinucci, Grier should have never played last season. He was simply not ready, mostly due to coming from a spread O and not being ready to play in the pocket. I would imagine CAR was already working on that, so if we can continue his development in that area, we could have some quality on our hands. Dude has a great arm and reads Ds well, just a matter of getting him acclimated.

Grier getting cut was simply a numbers game at CAR. PJ Walker is their backup w/ strong ties to the HC, and their 3rd stringer is a Taysom Hill type, so Grier never had a chance to make the roster.

It seems you have a good working knowledge of that situation with the Panthers. I haven't had the advantage of seeing that scenario firsthand, although I'm liking what you've had to say about it. There's no question but what we'll need a very capable backup to serve our cause. :) I really don't believe Rush's floaters are very likely to be the answer.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
It seems you have a good working knowledge of that situation with the Panthers. I haven't had the advantage of seeing that scenario firsthand, although I'm liking what you've had to say about it. There's no question but what we'll need a very capable backup to serve our cause. :)
Read up on it. Didn't know it until we acquired Grier, that's when I started researching. It didn't take long to see what happened to Grier. I would be willing to bet that they really wanted to keep him on the PS, but had no choice but to cut him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Read up on it. Didn't know it until we acquired Grier, that's when I started researching. It didn't take long to see what happened to Grier. I would be willing to bet that they really wanted to keep him on the PS, but had no choice but to cut him.

I did have occasion to read one report by a reporter that I assume might have been employed in Carolina, although, I could be mistaken. In any event, he seemed totally convinced that Will Grier didn't get a fair shake to prove his considerable wares. I'm hoping he had that situation figured out for what it was. He also stated beyond any doubt that he was superior to his competition. That seemed quite encouraging, to say the least.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I did have occasion to read one report by a reporter that I assume might have been employed in Carolina, although, I could be mistaken. In any event, he seemed totally convinced that Will Grier didn't get a fair shake to prove his considerable wares. I'm hoping he had that situation figured out for what it was. He also stated beyond any doubt that he was superior to his competition. That seemed quite encouraging, to say the least.
PJ Hall is prolly a better backup right now. Grier is a high ceiling type who needs a bunch of development.