What happens if McCarthy wins the Super Bowl?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
So what happens if McCarthy wins the Super Bowl next season?
Let us just think about this unlikely, but fun, and funny scenario:
Somehow, MM, and the team, pull it altogether and advance to the SB, all while working on the last year of his contract.
MM would hold all of the cards, and Jerry would be left answering all the media and fans questions as to why he didn't re-sign MM when he had the chance.
MM would be basically an in demand free agent coach and could entertain all offers from all the other NFL teams in search of a HC at that time.
Jerruh would look like an even bigger fool and mistake of a GM than he does now.
Sorry, I know this scenario will never happen, but its partially gratifying just to think of the karma playing out against Jerruh
There might even be a movie made about it. The 2024 Football version of the late 1980's movie "Major League". :)
Hey, A lifelong (almost 60 years) Cowboys fan can dream can't I? ;)
Maybe he decides to retire...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So what happens if McCarthy wins the Super Bowl​

zHpev0v.gif

Just kidding :) GO COWBOYS!

Aven8

Reaction score
If that happened that means we went all in like the Rams did. We just don’t have enough talent on both sides to accomplish that right now. We need a new center, RB, #2 WR, and 3 LB’s, DT, and pass rushing DE.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If it happened it would be awesome. I would be good after that. I would still want to win, but I would be much more content as a fan, at least for about 5 years or so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Somehow, MM, and the team, pull it altogether and advance to the SB, all while working on the last year of his contract.
MM would hold all of the cards, and Jerry would be left answering all the media and fans questions as to why he didn't re-sign MM when he had the chance.
MM would be basically an in demand free agent coach and could entertain all offers from all the other NFL teams in search of a HC at that time.
Jerruh would look like an even bigger fool and mistake of a GM than he does now.
Sorry, I know this scenario will never happen, but its partially gratifying just to think of the karma playing out against Jerruh
There might even be a movie made about it. The 2024 Football version of the late 1980's movie "Major League". :)
If the unthinkable happens Jerry won’t be having to answer any question as to why he didn’t re-sign him after the debacle in the playoffs. The question everyone has right now is why he didn’t fire him after the embarrassing loss. He’s going to make McCarthy earn an extension, which is what he should be doing if he’s giving him one more year. It would have made no sense to extend him after the playoff loss, when he probably should have been fired.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If somehow he wins two Super Bowls in a row, Jerry will fire him.

Gambit

Reaction score
Then a large contingent of this board will go away until the first turnover or penalty in training camp

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You try to resign him. Give him what he asks for. Dallas can afford it. If he's dumb enough to walk away from a Super Bowl roster that he built, let him leave and run it back with the next high demand coach. There's nothing foolish about letting him play out his contract after what happened in the playoffs this year. It's the right move.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
We all celebrate. Simple. Mike would sign a nice new contract, and Dan Quinn would finally get his head coaching job somewhere else.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We celebrate?

Creeper

Reaction score
First tell me what Dallas did to get McCarthy a team that could win a Super Bowl?

Also, I think if this team wins a Super Bowl they crash and burn the following year. They will be so full of themselves, the 2023 Arizona Cardinals game will be repeated every week in 2025.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
JJ would run him off with seconds to go in the SB because he would want the whole world to know that it was him and only him who was responsible for HIS team's great turnaround.....LOL!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Exhibit A on why the Dallas Cowboys fanbase has the lowest football I.Q. of any team in the N.F.L.