What happens if secondary looks REALLY good

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1848123 said:
I think its Jerry Jones fault after all we had a coach last year who played RW on 100% of the defensive plays and this year we have a coach who plays RW on 95% of the defensive snaps. How stupid can you be, I'll be so glad when we finally hire some smart coaches who know how to listen to fantasy football gurus.
Yeah man... I went undefeated in my league, and am playing in the championship this week. Wade Phillips is 12-2. I'm obviously the better coach.

Boysboy

Reaction score
OK-we all know Keith is a liability in pass coverage. However-how do you think he'll do not only in run support, but also in laying the wood on receivers in the middle of the field?

THAT is my biggest concern-at least Roy does very well with the latter both.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;1848286 said:
OK-we all know Keith is a liability in pass coverage. However-how do you think he'll do not only in run support, but also in laying the wood on receivers in the middle of the field?

lol, you don't have to worry about killer hitting guys, if he hits them they will remember it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
if our secondary looks good on saturday we should be happy that we won a game missing some starters. hopefully this time off roy has will allow him to #1 clear his head
#2 rest up and heal whatever bumps and bruises he might have
#3 get more focused
#4 hopefully get angry and return to the man once known as "the beast of the nfc east......hopefully.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
There is a good chance that Killa will do well. He was a FS the last few years, but I think we all agree he is better suited for SS. I think those years at FS should help him a lot.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Even as a SS, he was horrible, were in wrong position and missed tackles when he had opportunities. I certainly won't be confident when he plays in place of RW.

khiladi

Reaction score
Boysboy;1848286 said:

I haven't seen Roy lay the wood on a receiver in a long time. In run-support, that is a different story. He had made some nice hits.

I'm expecting Wade to play lots of zone, which will mean plenty of short passes.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I expect nothing from him in the passing game. Just hunt down the RBs.

Daudr

Reaction score
burmafrd;1848039 said:
The secondary looks REALLY good this saturday WITHOUT Roy playing?

You have to be kidding. We're playing against a really, really crappy Carolina team with Matt Moore at QB, no running game, only 1 viable receiver, and a crappy defense. If we don't blow this team out - no matter WHO plays - there are problems.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that the opponent could have a lot to do with any success, Roy's absence won't have much to do with the rest of the secondary. Whether he's there or not doesn't have anything to do with how well the cornerbacks and Hamlin defend any pass that wouldn't be in Roy's area anyway.

What happens if the offense looks REALLY good without Andre Gurode?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1848424 said:
What happens if the offense looks REALLY good without Andre Gurode?

:laugh2:Excellent.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
burmafrd;1848039 said:
What happens if the secondary looks REALLY good this saturday WITHOUT Roy playing?
That some other member of the secondary is tackling?

tunahelper

Reaction score
I bet Davis will tackle in run support better than Roy.

Coverage should be interesting watch.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
tunahelper;1848492 said:
I bet Davis will tackle in run support better than Roy.

Coverage should be interesting watch.

did you just knock roy's run support?

this place is getting absurd

burmafrd

Reaction score
Roy has missed more then a few in run support.
I said I do not think that Davis is THAT MUCH WORSE then Roy in coverage.
So overall its very possible that we end up not missing Roy that much.
Roy does not lay much wood anywhere any more. When was the last time he had a real big hit? (outside of horse collars, anyway)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
burmafrd;1848507 said:
Roy has missed more then a few in run support.
I said I do not think that Davis is THAT MUCH WORSE then Roy in coverage.
So overall its very possible that we end up not missing Roy that much.
Roy does not lay much wood anywhere any more. When was the last time he had a real big hit? (outside of horse collars, anyway)
Um... November 29th?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
peplaw06;1848641 said:
Um... November 29th?

I read that there was a study done about the memory span of a fish (true story, and a Gov grant invested) and they concluded that a fish has the memory span of 3 seconds....

You don't think burmafrd is part fish or something, huh?

Sheesh, it never ends with some fans regarding Roy...

:cool: