What happens to Garrett if this happens?

Little Jr

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll fire him.

On a side note , 1st place schedules are 2 games different than last place schedules. And as you mentioned divisions flip flop year to year so doesn't always mean anything. Even if they didn't it would still only be 2 games different than the other division team's.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They didn’t play badly in the playoff game. They were beaten by a better team.

Don’t tell me at the start of the season last year you weren’t in the group complaining about how our front office wasn’t going for it the way the Rams front office did when they signed Suh.
Blasphemy!!!! There are no better teams than the Cowboys. The Cowboys are never beaten; they just run out of time.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If Garrett goes 0-8 , Jerry will wait out 'till season ends to see if he can make 8-8 & give him an extension .

Welcome to Jerry's bizarro world ...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we are trying too hard to find things to think about. There are always multiple scenarios we can imagine based in a multitude of circumstances that might exist at any given point in time. No need to play out all of them.
Oh yeah????? Ya got something else to talk about? That bold sounds like fun!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m interested in the multiple scenarios you mentioned. I listed one here. What are some of the other scenarios?

I would agree that Jerry has patiently endured their 23 years of futility and near-futility. I suspect that Stephen has seen as much of it as he can stand as well. Whether Jerry is doing it of his own accord or simply accommodating Stephen is another question that haunts me. Be that as it may, the die has been cast, whereby Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore will dutifully be subjected to proving their case that they're competent to deliver the goods that more than a divisional championship should be required to justify their ongoing presence. I'm anxious to see how that plays out. It's well passed overdue, imho.

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would agree that Jerry has patiently endured the 23 years of futility and near- futility. I suspect that Stephen has seen as much of it as he can stand as well. Whether Jerry is doing it of his own accord or simply accommodating Stephen is another question that haunts me. Be that as it may, the die has been cast, whereby Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore will be subjected to proving their case that they're competent to deliver the goods that more than a divisional championship should be required to justify their ongoing presence. I'm anxious to see how that plays out. It's well passed overdue, imho.
Agonizingly so. Einstein may not have created the "Insanity is expecting different results out of the same thing," line, but I'm sure he would endorse it if he had been a Cowboys fan over the last quarter century!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agonizingly so. Einstein may not have created the "Insanity is expecting different results out of the same thing," line, but I'm sure he would endorse it if he had been a Cowboys fan over the last quarter century!

I wonder if Einstein was so smart that he wouldn't have been duped into hanging on this long to find out if this franchise was doomed to frustration or not. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm an idiot or not for prolonging my allegiance to the Cowboys as long as I have. Yet, I keep coming back for more! It's nuts!

I guess I'd venture a guess that a Dallas Cowboys addiction is a terrible thing, huh? :muttley:

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Einstein was so smart that he wouldn't have been duped into hanging on this long to find out if this franchise was doomed to frustration or not. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm an idiot or not for prolonging my allegiance to the Cowboys as long as I have. Yet, I keep coming back for more! It's nuts!

I guess I'd venture a guess that a Dallas Cowboys addiction is a terrible thing, huh? :muttley:
Good thing we aren't Cubs fans. That one world series win may be all they get for another 108 years! I have watched the Cowboys since their inception. I was pretty young and it took a while to realize what to appreciate. But, after the Landry years and Johnson era, I can take the losing as long as they are trying. Hard to watch incompetence at the top, though I gotta say something is changing, just not sure what. I suppose hope is always the hook, eh?