What has Chauncey Golston done on the field to say he a better DT than Hill

exciter

Reaction score
This DL doesn’t need another tweener who hasn’t produced anything at DT or DE to deserve a roster spot over Hill.
What have you ever post that would indicate that you should continue to make ridiculous post? And yet here you are averaging at least one silly, mindless post a day!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
But whose fault is that? And Hill has played more than 100 more defensive snaps, so the point is still valid.

Plus, you can't give those excuses for Hill not producing and then say Golston didn't produce when he has done more in a shorter time period and was only in his first season. But, I'll state it again, my point isn't Golston was great or even good, it was that the idea the OP put forth that "Hill produced in the regular season" and Golston did not is simply not true.
There is folly in comparing numbers for a DE vs a DT as I am sure you are aware. Their numbers simply would almost never tell you even half the story. While I agree that Gholston showed some promise last season He obviously didn't show enough that the coaches wanted to keep him at DE. The fact of the matter is Hill has played a whole 3 more games than has Gholston. So throwing out their respective years of experience is silly. The ACL injury cost Hill more than a full seasons worth of games. Then being in Rod's doghouse cost him another 8-9 games. The former was not his fault.. the latter absolutely was.. His lack of maturity also got him a game suspension for the fracas after the Raider game.. The kid has some growing up to do.. By all accounts he has been going about his business the right way this offseason and is making it hard for the coaching staff to just cast him aside. If he does get his mind right I still say he's the most physically talented DT on the roster.. and he is absolute the most relentless in terms of motor. I'm rooting for him to turn that talent into on the field production.. because we need a guy like him at the 1 tech. A guy who can not just clog the middle but can get penetration and create havoc on the other side of the LOS. If he's not that guy maybe Gallimore can be.. Frankly I don't care which one does it as long as somebody does..

Ken

Reaction score
Hill has actually produced in regular season unlike Golston and doesn’t get abused in run defense. :thumbup:
lol

Gholston 1) played a whole season last year 2) had more tackles last year than Hill has had in his career 3) has more sacks last year (1) than Hill has in his career (.5).

Where is this production you speak of from Hill?

:facepalm:

conner01

Reaction score
lol

Gholston 1) played a whole season last year 2) had more tackles last year than Hill has had in his career 3) has more sacks last year (1) than Hill has in his career (.5).

Where is this production you speak of from Hill?

:facepalm:
In his mind lol
But consider most of the material for his posts are just pulled out of his lower extremities anyway

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
There is folly in comparing numbers for a DE vs a DT as I am sure you are aware. Their numbers simply would almost never tell you even half the story. While I agree that Gholston showed some promise last season He obviously didn't show enough that the coaches wanted to keep him at DE. The fact of the matter is Hill has played a whole 3 more games than has Gholston. So throwing out their respective years of experience is silly. The ACL injury cost Hill more than a full seasons worth of games. Then being in Rod's doghouse cost him another 8-9 games. The former was not his fault.. the latter absolutely was.. His lack of maturity also got him a game suspension for the fracas after the Raider game.. The kid has some growing up to do.. By all accounts he has been going about his business the right way this offseason and is making it hard for the coaching staff to just cast him aside. If he does get his mind right I still say he's the most physically talented DT on the roster.. and he is absolute the most relentless in terms of motor. I'm rooting for him to turn that talent into on the field production.. because we need a guy like him at the 1 tech. A guy who can not just clog the middle but can get penetration and create havoc on the other side of the LOS. If he's not that guy maybe Gallimore can be.. Frankly I don't care which one does it as long as somebody does..
Osa is, without a doubt, the most physically gifted DT on the roster.

It isn't even close with Hill.

Hill is athletic, he just has no feel for the game at all.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Osa is, without a doubt, the most physically gifted DT on the roster.

It isn't even close with Hill.

Hill is athletic, he just has no feel for the game at all.

You do know garbage time stats don’t count.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m rooting for him too because he’s a Cowboy but he’s a 3tech not a 1 tech and he’ll never be a clog the middle type because he doesn’t have the anchor. And if golston wasn’t good enough for DE but was moved to DT (personally I think this is BS because he is way too small to play DT on early downs) isn’t that more of an indictment on Hill? If they saw Hill as a player who could penetrate they probably wouldn’t try and see if Golston could get to the QB from that spot on passing downs

Creeper

Reaction score
No he hasn't

On Golston: he isn't a DT, at least on early downs so playing him there would be a huge mistake IMO. He'll get blown off the line against the run. But let's look at the stats and do so knowing he was a rookie and should improve:

Golston
Seasons: 1
Sacks: 1
QB hits: 4
tackles: 32

Hill and to be clear, this is 3 years combined
Seasons: 3
Sacks: 0.5
QB hits: 8
tackles: 27

I'm not saying those are stats you'd pump your chest about for Golston, but your comment that about Hill at least produced in the regular season doesn't even make sense.

Is this Apples and Oranges? Hill has played DT exclusively and Golston played DE his rookie season. I think the question is whether Golston is a better DT than Hill. It is an impossible comparison to draw because Golston has so little playing time at DT. What I saw of him last year a DE I thought he needed a lot of improvement. I have no idea why they moved him to DT.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
dallas-cowboys-chauncey-golston.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Neville and osa are the top 2. If you disagree just stop watching football lol. Seriously
You just hit on the answer for yourself. If you cannot consider all facets, stop watching football. You're obviously not capable of any sort of evaluation anyway.

J-man

Reaction score
I have said all off season that Golston would be on the bubble in camp and most likely not making the 53. The numbers are just not in his favor for a tweener who isn't great at either position. I haven't seen, nor heard anything to change my mind about that.
Not to say Hill is a stud or anything, but I have at least heard good things about him this off season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You just hit on the answer for yourself. If you cannot consider all facets, stop watching football. You're obviously not capable of any sort of evaluation anyway.
Why argue over something that has no chance of happening? :huh: you win. Trysten hill is the man.