What has Chauncey Golston done on the field to say he a better DT than Hill

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If Hill shows enough promise to play in the rotation, he will make the team. There’s nothing the Joneses would like more than to see Hill have at least a productive, healthy year, and then sign with another team next year so they can have a 6th or 7th round compensatory pick.

Golston is the tweener the Cowboys love because he can provide depth at 2 positions with one rookie contract.

jrumann59

Reaction score
This DL doesn’t need another tweener who hasn’t produced anything at DT or DE to deserve a roster spot over Hill.
The big thing is he was not picked by marinelli. My opinion on Hill is if he puts it together and can contribute fine, if he can't that is fine as well. No team hits on 100% of its draft picks.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m rooting for him too because he’s a Cowboy but he’s a 3tech not a 1 tech and he’ll never be a clog the middle type because he doesn’t have the anchor. And if golston wasn’t good enough for DE but was moved to DT (personally I think this is BS because he is way too small to play DT on early downs) isn’t that more of an indictment on Hill? If they saw Hill as a player who could penetrate they probably wouldn’t try and see if Golston could get to the QB from that spot on passing downs

I don't know that I would call it an indictment on Hill as much as a desire to keep a kid who has shown some promise as a DE but enough to supplant the guys ahead of him. I think they're just trying to put together the best possible rotation of players that cover all the bases they need covered. The big uns on run downs and the smaller pass rush types on passing downs. Hill is a 3 tech on run downs who slides over to 1 tech on passing downs. Golston could be DE on run downs who slides over to 3 tech on passing downs and so on. The clearly covet versatility.