What if Dak is the one who is holding up the extension or trade?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont think anyone has considered this?
What if he wants to hit FA ? He is close, and all he has to do is turn down any dallas offer,and wait less than 1 year.

March 25 he would be a FA and can negotiate with any team he wants, and pick the offer he likes best.
Could be the cowboys, or any other team.

Any team that wants him will have to pay big, but no draft picks needed like in a trade.

Cleveland, Denver, both gave up numerous picks for QB's and also payed them big, so Dak as a FA would be much
better than trading for a QB.

Dallas fans have turned on dak, so maybe he wants to say goodbye to them?

I think Dak would be smart to do this, play out this season,be careful to not get hurt, then pick a new team or cowboys and get a huge deal.
Jones boys could not do anything about it if he decided to do this.

I think this could be whats happening and jones boys dont want people to know dak has turned them down and wont talk to them lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if he wants to hit FA ? He is close, and all he has to do is turn down any dallas offer,and wait less than 1 year.

March 25 he would be a FA and can negotiate with any team he wants, and pick the offer he likes best.

Any team that wants him will have to pay big, but no draft picks needed like in a trade.

Cleveland, Denver, both gave up numerous picks for QB's and also payed them big, so Dak as a FA would be much

I think Dak would be smart to do this, play out this season,be careful to not get hurt, then pick a new team or cowboys and get a huge deal.

I think this could be whats happening and jones boys dont want people to know dak has turned them down and wont talk to them lol.
You are seriously OVERESTIMATING Dak's talent grade.
Do you think there will be a bidding war for his services after all you've witnessed in 8 seasons of beating up dog teams and him folding like a cheap tent vs real teams?? :huh:
Amazing simply amazing.........................:omg:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This close I would assume Dak is wanting to hit free agency. The cowboys are doing nothing to add talent around him, why would he not look for the biggest pay day?

I think this marriage is headed for divorce and I don’t see any motivation from either side to try and fix it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Say what you want I just hope there's nothing funny going on, I swear I can just see it coming Dak signs a 10 year deal 2.3 billion dollars QB of the future forever and beyond

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Oh I think many have considered this, but from an injury standpoint it doesn’t make much sense, so the chances that it is Dak holding it up are slim.

HanD

Reaction score
If lv is going to trade for him they'd work a deal out. No one is giving up a rumored 4 picks for a one year rental they can't franchise. In that case dak is getting his deal without risk of getting injured this year. Win win imo

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Dak is the one holding up the extension. He wants to be a a free agent at 32 years old. Dak might be the best free agent to ever hit the market. He will get the biggest contract in free agent history.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No and yes..... No, i don't think Dak and agent are holding up negotiations, they would much rather sign the big deal now before TC....risk of injury and all that, ...the FO is hesitant and gun shy in putting a deal on the table for him because they have lost some confidence he is their guy. They would have signed him already if they really wanted to keep him. Yes, Dak and his agent have the FO by the cajones when it comes to trades since there is a no trade clause in the contract as it is. He would have to waive it and go to his preferred team of choice. Idiot jerry and son tied the noose around their own necks when they signed this over. Seems they are willing to tank the 2024 season to get back at Dak/agent and Dak/agent aren't waiving that no trade clause, risk injury and go full FA in 2025. Game of chicken. The losers are of course, ....the fans.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Dak is the one holding up the extension. He wants to be a a free agent at 32 years old. Dak might be the best free agent to ever hit the market. He will get the biggest contract in free agent history.
Dak is definitely not the best free agent to ever hit the market. Not even close. Just off the top of my head I can name Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Drew Brees, Tom Brady...

Shannon1

Reaction score

Our great front office gave Dak the the upper hand by putting in a no trade clause

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No and yes..... No, i don't think Dak and agent are holding up negotiations, they would much rather sign the big deal now before TC....risk of injury and all that, ...the FO is hesitant and gun shy in putting a deal on the table for him because they have lost some confidence he is their guy. They would have signed him already if they really wanted to keep him. Yes, Dak and his agent have the FO by the cajones when it comes to trades since there is a no trade clause in the contract as it is. He would have to waive it and go to his preferred team of choice. Idiot jerry and son tied the noose around their own necks when they signed this over. Seems they are willing to tank the 2024 season to get back at Dak/agent and Dak/agent aren't waiving that no trade clause, risk injury and go full FA in 2025. Game of chicken. The losers are of course, ....the fans.
What's wrong with that though either way he gets paid if anything he gets hurt his value is a little lower if even that, he's made enough money either way

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Answer: Dak Prescott collects his entire $160 million. Then he will either: a) receive another sizeable contract from either Dallas or another team as a starter or b) receive a contract comparable to a backup quarterback as a backup quarterback; or c) be out of the league. Again, after collecting his full $160 million over the past four years. Plus, his commercial deals unless he missteps so badly that his advertisers will drop him as a spokesperson.

I highly doubt he, like many professional athletes in his position, could not care less what fans think. Fans have zero do with his future prosperity or security.

lol. It is football. Injuries do not happen on a schedule, regardless how anyone believes to the contrary. Professional athletes have been known to gamble their health in order to attain their financial goals. Prescott would not be the first in taking that risk.

It would not be the first time contract negotiations have broken down between the two parties. It happened prior to his current extension. Whether Jerry and Stephen Jones cares whether the negotiations details should be discussed publicly is an interesting point. I doubt they are concerned.

Perhaps Prescott's agent will leak any confirmed breakdown of negotiations. Jones has little to worry about in that regard since the media rarely presses him about details impacting football operations. It can be argued that he skated pretty much unscathed after being confronted with his 'all in' statement--something which local and national media should have raked him over the coals for saying after... um... what exact total free agency moves has Dallas undertaken as of today..?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak is definitely not the best free agent to ever hit the market. Not even close. Just off the top of my head I can name Reggie White, Deion Sanders, Drew Brees, Tom Brady...
First of all he is a quarterback that is in his prime unlike Brady. So he is considered more vital than the non quarterbacks. Brees was not as good as Dak is now when he left the Chargers.

zeke21

Reaction score
I think Dak would like his chances at FA. I think this notion that he has trade value is silly.. Dak is not rated highly by many teams. His highest value has always been to stat chasers, the Cowboys and our deluded fans.

The biggest risk for Dak is that he is likely going to be playing with a vastly inferior squad this season.. so he may get injury or he will look like the dog turd of a QB that he is.

No way he is even close to the best FA to hit the market.. even though the media will hype it as such.

pitt33

Reaction score
Nope.

Then you must consider Cousins the best FA to hit the market.

They’re one and the same.