What if Dak was tired of the finger pointing

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
If the premise for asking to be traded is solely based on his perception of the team’s trust issues, then on the surface, it does look a little weak.

But Dak has generational wealth, and in his mind, he may be looking for one final contract before hanging it up. If that’s the case, and you’re an athlete in high demand (and he would be) then why not call your own shot for your last go-round? Particularly if you have the opportunity to flip the bird at those who didn’t believe in you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And actually went to Jerry and said trade me, is he being weak for this, or is he right due to the fact that the team has trust issues with him. Please give your thoughts on this....
I think he and Tad get mad about criticism....then they cash Jerry's check and party.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If the premise for asking to be traded is solely based on his perception of the team’s trust issues, then on the surface, it does look a little weak.

But Dak has generational wealth, and in his mind, he may be looking for one final contract before hanging it up. If that’s the case, and you’re an athlete in high demand (and he would be) then why not call your own shot for your last go-round? Particularly if you have the opportunity to flip the bird at those who didn’t believe in you.
POST of the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wangchung83

Reaction score

If you look at other fan forums and social media these argue differently. Daks not high demand, no one cares about regular season, guy can’t produce when it matters. Worse he wouldn’t produce in regular season if he didn’t have all the help around him, which other teams can’t afford to put around him

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I don't think the demand for Dak would be anywhere near as high as you think. He's getting older and has shown the world that the only teams he can compete with are the bottom dwellers. Bottom line is I question where his priorities lie - is he after the largest contract he can get like you say, or does he want a championship. I think it's the former, but how the negotiations play out will provide the answer. Try to break the bank and we will all know he's only in it for himself. Giving the team some relief in a team-friendly deal will show he's interested in something bigger.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry is more likely to build a statue of Dak in his honor than is letting him leave.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't think the demand for Dak would be anywhere near as high as you think. He's getting older and has shown the world that the only teams he can compete with are the bottom dwellers. Bottom line is I question where his priorities lie - is he after the largest contract he can get like you say, or does he want a championship. I think it's the former, but how the negotiations play out will provide the answer. Try to break the bank and we will all know he's only in it for himself. Giving the team some relief in a team-friendly deal will show he's interested in something bigger.
First sentence you said means nothing to jerry as he's preparing a huge deal for dak!!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
yeah but at that time signing the deal, he didn't know people would have their SIBLINGS and a player going to the media talking about him
At the time he signed the deal he had his sibling ripping the team for not respecting him on social media. I'd say he was aware that siblings get on social media. I don't think Dak buys into a few social media posts to the point that he would want to go elsewhere.

Aftershock

Reaction score
And actually went to Jerry and said trade me, is he being weak for this, or is he right due to the fact that the team has trust issues with him. Please give your thoughts on this....
Hahaha no he doesn’t care too much about that. In Dallas he stands to make the most $ and fame than in any other franchise. He’s happy where he’s at. In the grand scheme of things these players don’t care about wins and losses as much as you think

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hahaha no he doesn’t care too much about that. In Dallas he stands to make the most $ and fame than in any other franchise. He’s happy where he’s at. In the grand scheme of things these players don’t care about wins and losses as much as you think
OH IT"S so obvious, when they're losing and guys are on the sidelines chilling probably talking about the new Lambo they'll be getting after the game!!!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak won't do that. Because if he did whatever franchise he goes to is going to expect more than just putting up 40 on the giants. They will expect accountability especially when you are commanding 20+% of the cap space. Dallas is the one place where you can fail spectacularly and still keep your job.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dak won't do that. Because if he did whatever franchise he goes to is going to expect more than just putting up 40 on the giants. They will expect accountability especially when you are commanding 20+% of the cap space. Dallas is the one place where you can fail spectacularly and still keep your job.
Ask Garrett

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak probably makes more money than any quarterback in the NFL with maybe the exception of Mahomes. His finances will keep him a Cowboy until the Joneses decide to move on. Same for CeeDee and Parsons.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak probably makes more money than any quarterback in the NFL with maybe the exception of Mahomes..
Nope. He’s in a three way tie for 10th

PlayerTotal
Value
Avg./Year
Joe Burrow$275,000,000$55,000,000
Justin Herbert$262,500,000$52,500,000
Lamar Jackson$260,000,000$52,000,000
Jalen Hurts$255,000,000$51,000,000
Russell Wilson$245,000,000$49,000,000
Kyler Murray$230,500,000$46,100,000
Deshaun Watson$230,000,000$46,000,000
Patrick Mahomes$450,000,000$45,000,000