What if Jason Garrett wins a SB with the Cowboys?

GenoT

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett became a SB winning head coach with the Cowboys, that would be the worst thing ever for some Cowboys fans. Their nightmare would come true and they would be stuck with Garrett as the HC for a long while. You know who you are out there, so speak up and tell me if you would hate this.
Would LOVE another SB win, however...

Since Garrett has NEVER been involved in the Cowboys defense, and the incumbent DC is Rod Marinelli (a great D-line coach but in over his head as a DC, with the oldest, most predictable scheme in the league), Jason gets no credit whatsoever on that side of the ball.

Meanwhile, Jerry recently proclaimed, VERY loudly and clearly, that the offense will now be 100% Kellen Moore’s. If Moore isn’t quite the genius some feel he is, it’s gonna be a long haul. If he totally crashes and burns, Jerry and Stephen might clean house. And if Moore DOES prove to be an O-genius, then he’ll get the credit — not Garrett.

So if the Cowboys win a SB in the next 2-3 years, Jason Garrett — now the quintessential “walk-around” HC — will deserve nothing more than a participation trophy.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Would LOVE another SB win, however...

Since Garrett has NEVER been involved in the Cowboys defense, and the incumbent DC is Rod Marinelli (a great D-line coach but in over his head as a DC, with the oldest, most predictable scheme in the league), Jason gets no credit whatsoever on that side of the ball.

Meanwhile, Jerry recently proclaimed, VERY loudly and clearly, that the offense will now be 100% Kellen Moore’s. If Moore isn’t quite the genius some feel he is, it’s gonna be a long haul. If he totally crashes and burns, Jerry and Stephen might clean house. And if Moore DOES prove to be an O-genius, then he’ll get the credit — not Garrett.

So if the Cowboys win a SB in the next 2-3 years, Jason Garrett — now the quintessential “walk-around” HC — will deserve nothing more than a participation trophy.
But would you still want him fired?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If we win the SB next year, which I hope we do, it will be more because of the talent we have amassed on the team than Garrett’s coaching
So you still wouldn't mind seeing him fired?

visionary

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett became a SB winning head coach with the Cowboys, that would be the worst thing ever for some Cowboys fans. Their nightmare would come true and they would be stuck with Garrett as the HC for a long while. You know who you are out there, so speak up and tell me if you would hate this.

What if pigs could fly?

What if cows laid eggs?

What if the world was flat?

What if Garrett groupies had sense?

These are all questions we'll never know the answers to

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone here doesn’t want to win! I’d be ecstatic! I dislike Garrett immensely and still traveled to LA to scream on the Boys in the playoffs! The reason why there is negativity is he’s had so many years and has wasted talent! If the blind squirrel finds a nut! Cheers. But right now I don’t see it because he seems to get out coached

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If RedBall wins a SB, its because he should. Everything has been set in place for JG to accomplish that task but he fails.
Give Belichick this roster and I would bet that he strings out 5 Lombardis with these contracts.
JG craps on the talent that gets placed at his feet. Man has know ideas how to utilize talent, and wastes golden tickets.
There is a reason why Linehan was this teams ineffective OC during his time here,, JG slept well at night.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What if pigs could fly?

What if cows laid eggs?

What if the world was flat?

What if Garrett groupies had sense?

These are all questions we'll never know the answers to
1) We will have major poop dropping on us indiscriminately from the sky.

2) They'd no longer be mammals.

3) According to the flat earth society, the outer edge of the earth is surrounded by a 150 foot tall ice wall.

4) I'm a Garrett fan, how logical am I?

There are the answers to you questions. Now where is my Cowboys championship with Garrett as HC?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I have a better chance of growing a third nut than Garrett winning a SB.

visionary

Reaction score
1) We will have major poop dropping on us indiscriminately from the sky.

2) They'd no longer be mammals.

3) According to the flat earth society, the outer edge of the earth is surrounded by a 150 foot tall ice wall.

4) I'm a Garrett fan, how logical am I?

There are the answers to you questions. Now where is my Cowboys championship with Garrett as HC?

I guarantee that the cowboys will not win a SB with Garrett as HC

Been saying it for the last 5 years

If you think we are you are totally devoid of logic

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone here doesn’t want to win! I’d be ecstatic! I dislike Garrett immensely and still traveled to LA to scream on the Boys in the playoffs! The reason why there is negativity is he’s had so many years and has wasted talent! If the blind squirrel finds a nut! Cheers. But right now I don’t see it because he seems to get out coached
Well, he didn't get his contract extension he was hoping for so it looks like its SB or bust for JG. I'm hoping for a SB but if that doesn't happen this coming season, I'm hoping the Sean Payton era in Dallas begins in 2020.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This is really silly intentionally calling out part of our fan base and I’m one of the more ardent supporters of Garrett. I thought these type of threads weren’t allowed?

Everyone wants to win a Super Bowl regardless if it’s Garrett coaching us or not. Most would be thrilled to be proved wrong . They just don’t believe Garrett is able to deliver.
Well said!

GenoT

Reaction score
But would you still want him fired?
Absolutely...other than being HC-by-title, Garrett now serves no purpose.

At some point, depending on Moore’s development, Jerry’s pet will be kicked upstairs to an equally meaningless FO position. We call that loyalty around here.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There have already been posters admitting they would still want Garrett gone so don't tell me how stupid the thread is. It's the idea that posters would still want Garrett fired that is stupid.
There are very few fans like this. I am a harsh critic of Garrett because he is incapable of winning vs the best teams. If he wins a Super Bowl I will give Garrett his due.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely...other than being HC-by-title, Garrett now serves no purpose.

At some point, depending on Moore’s development, Jerry’s pet will be kicked upstairs to an equally meaningless FO position. We call that loyalty around here.
Steven William McLean and Jason turn this team around the last 3 Seasons. I don't think it would be a useless front office position if he went up there. You knows you win this game in the pits and that's where he started building it