What if Jason Garrett wins a SB with the Cowboys?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What head coach with any self-respect would take over a team without having total control. Who would put their reputation on the line without being able to hire their assistant coaches. I can't think of anyone. All you're going to get is a new startup. Someone trying to make a name for himself. You have to understand the entire picture. You can slam Garrett all you want we're lucky to have him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I definitely don't want someone's fired leftover head coach. I want a new start up but the problem is time management field management. So that means you're getting it from the college ranks.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If Garrett had won the Super Bowl his very first season and then the remaining seasons played out exactly as they did, wouldn’t he be in the exact same predicament that he’s in now?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know if people watched the entire league or Cowboys fans just watch Mostly cowboy games. The entire coaching in this league other than maybe one or two exceptions is horrible. That's why coaches fired as often as they are.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett became a SB winning head coach with the Cowboys, that would be the worst thing ever for some Cowboys fans. Their nightmare would come true and they would be stuck with Garrett as the HC for a long while. You know who you are out there, so speak up and tell me if you would hate this.

If he wins a Super Bowl and you are not happy that means you are not a Cowboys fan

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Garrett had won the Super Bowl his very first season and then the remaining seasons played out exactly as they did, wouldn’t he be in the exact same predicament that he’s in now?
I back Jason Garrett. I understand why he shouldn't be here I understand why he is here. I totally agree with you. Stephen being the acting GM maybe things are different

Brax

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett became a SB winning head coach with the Cowboys, that would be the worst thing ever for some Cowboys fans. Their nightmare would come true and they would be stuck with Garrett as the HC for a long while. You know who you are out there, so speak up and tell me if you would hate this.
don't have to worry about that happening, pigs will fly first.

2xxa8x.jpg

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he wins a Super Bowl and you are not happy that means you are not a Cowboys fan
I'm not sure I agree with this. It's because you critique a player or coach doesn't mean you're not necessarily a fan.

GenoT

Reaction score
Steven William McLean and Jason turn this team around the last 3 Seasons. I don't think it would be a useless front office position if he went up there. You knows you win this game in the pits and that's where he started building it
Garrett’s never had any real control here.

Half the time he makes a public comment on the state of the team (such as when he said Linehan’s job was safe, not long after the Rams loss), the team owner shoots him down.

Heck, Jerry even even chooses Garrett’s coordinators and assistants, lol.

Jason Garrett’s as useless as boobs on a bull.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett’s never had any real control here.

Half the time he makes a public comment on the state of the team (such as when he said Linehan’s job was safe, not long after the Rams loss), the team owner shoots him down.

Heck, Jerry even even chooses Garrett’s coordinators and assistants, lol.

Jason Garrett’s as useless as boobs on a bull.
It was Jason Garrett's suggestion to build a team from the ground up and start in the pits with the offensive line. I give him credit for that alone mimicking Jimmy Johnson injuries no longer in charge so that makes a huge difference Super Bowl or bust. Or NFC Championship Game or bust. Either way this could be it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not here to be liked. I'm not here to be agreed with. But I look at the entire picture. I know exactly what Jason's attributes are what he brings. And I know his failures where he loses. I also understand who owns and runs this team. The Jones Family. That's the Dilemma of being a Cowboy fan. So I choose to look at the positive.

morat1959

Reaction score
You don’t have to concern yourself with this ever happening.

GenoT

Reaction score
It was Jason Garrett's suggestion to build a team from the ground up and start in the pits with the offensive line. I give him credit for that alone mimicking Jimmy Johnson injuries no longer in charge so that makes a huge difference Super Bowl or bust. Or NFC Championship Game or bust. Either way this could be it
:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree with this. It's because you critique a player or coach doesn't mean you're not necessarily a fan.
You are totally missing the "wins a super bowl part". It would be near impossible for a head coach to have nothing to do with his team winning a super bowl. If you really think that is possible, then it's only because of your own ignorance on what that head coach actually does.

GenoT

Reaction score
You are totally missing the "wins a super bowl part". It would be near impossible for a head coach to have nothing to do with his team winning a super bowl. If you really think that is possible, then it's only because of your own ignorance on what that head coach actually does.
All good and fine but, going forward with Kellen Moore running the offense (per Jerry), if we do win a SB, Jason “Walk Around Coach” Garrett will have had little to do with it.

It’s the Cowboys’ way.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All good and fine but, going forward with Kellen Moore running the offense (per Jerry), if we do win a SB, Jason “Walk Around Coach” Garrett will have had little to do with it.

It’s the Cowboys’ way.
Moore may be calling plays but as the HEAD coach, Garrett will retain over-ride authority and have a hand in the game plan. Your theory about how little Garrett contributes to the finish product is full blown tin foil hat lunacy. :muttley:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hoping Garrett can coach this team to a Superbowl is kinda like hoping you win the lottery. Wishful thinking!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is that what I implied. Didn't mean to. Because that would be totally ridiculous of me.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually I think I was quoting the person that said. You're not a Cowboy fan. If you criticize any part of the team. At least that's what I thought I was responding to. But that's what happens post gets cross reference