What if Jerry and MM don't agree on DC choice?

Asklesko

Reaction score
I get that. First line.

The question is if they fully disagree is enough to make Mike quit.

I’m also not saying I want that to happen or is the case.
Then we get a new head coach! Woohoo!

kskboys

Reaction score
We know Jerry does what he wants, but man how do you accept a DC that you are fully against on your walk year?

The whole thing just seems weird that Rex is a candidate and I’m maybe trying to make some sense of it.
Mikey knew the situation when he took the job. He'd shut up and take it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I seriously just started a thread with one of these theories....you are in my head evidently....wow....creepy!!!
I usually agree with your posts. Makes sense.

Plus I have your house bugged.

:thumbup:

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
They already don't agree. McCarthy chose his DC and Jerry sent him to Washington to call plays for Dan Quinn, basically out of spite.

If you guys can't tell what an irrational psychopath Jerry Jones is by now, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rayman70

Reaction score
They already don't agree. McCarthy chose his DC and Jerry sent him to Washington to call plays for Dan Quinn, basically out of spite.

If you guys can't tell what an irrational psychopath Jerry Jones is by now, then I don't know what else to tell you.
yes and no. I think Quinn was leaving anyway. He didn't really send him anywhere. The mistake might have been not firing MM and elevating Quinn to HC. Jerrys loyalty gets him in trouble often.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure but there’s definitely a difference when there’s four years left on MMs deal as opposed to one.

There’s a reason they attach a “lame duck” analogy to that, even if a guy like Rex Ryan isn’t breathing over your shoulder.
I agree. Big diff.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You kidding? Jerry does what he wants, and Mikey knows it. Mikey is paid to shut up and let Jerry play w/ his toy.
Mike gets paid, that's all he cares about. That's the only reason he took the Cowboys job. Sat at home for a year witouth a few million being depositied in his bank account and didn't like it one bit. Remember how he told Jerry he'd spend that year studying the NFL game extensively? Then later admitted he'd lied about it.

Don't get me wrong, MM is a fairly good coach, but he didn't come to Dallas thinking the SB rings would just roll in....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I say put them in a room in a death match...Winner takes all. My money is on McCarthy:cool:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Mikey knew the situation when he took the job. He'd shut up and take it.
That seems to be the sentiment, but man could he have thought he would have to endure something like Rex Ryan as his DC in his lame duck year against his will?

Guess it depends how much five million means to him. Probably isn’t getting a third HC shot so he will probably shut up and take it.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
McCarthy is gone no matter what after this season, and everyone knows it. He's back at the barn in 2025 unless we win the Super Bowl. Fat Mike never had any more control during his time here than Garrett did. We don't employ head coaches with winning in mind.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Yes of course Jerry wins, but would it be enough to make Mike quit, and/or is that what Jerry may be trying to make happen?

Keep in mind that if Mike quits Jerry neither has to fire him or pay him. Five million shouldn’t matter but Jerry isn’t into eating the contracts of coaches, so I can see the petty angle.

What if Jerry insists Rex is the hire and Mike is dead set against it, which could certainly be plausible? How could you deal with a Rex Ryan hanging over you in your final year of a contract? That’s a tough pill to endure just to exist, let alone succeed. Feels like Wade/Garrett again.

Also, Rex may be the only retread that’s a realistic possibility that could also make the supposed “splash,” so if there’s anything at all to that, this is a scenario worth discussing.

Nod to Coogy…please give me your
What if..What if Ands or Buts.. :oldcouple:

Big_D

Reaction score
Then they will compromise and Jerry picks him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jeebus ....... this is funny.

McCarthy is just happy to still have a job.
Well that was really the point.

Will he shut his mouth and collect his money or have a little pride and quit if he doesn’t like the DC Jerry picks?

Especially when it’s an outspoken personality like Rex Ryan, who will have an open door to Jerry when he sees things he doesn’t like.

Seems like Wade/Garrett all over again.