What if Jerry and MM don't agree on DC choice?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes of course Jerry wins, but would it be enough to make Mike quit, and/or is that what Jerry may be trying to make happen?

Keep in mind that if Mike quits Jerry neither has to fire him or pay him. Five million shouldn’t matter but Jerry isn’t into eating the contracts of coaches, so I can see the petty angle.

What if Jerry insists Rex is the hire and Mike is dead set against it, which could certainly be plausible? How could you deal with a Rex Ryan hanging over you in your final year of a contract? That’s a tough pill to endure just to exist, let alone succeed. Feels like Wade/Garrett again.

Also, Rex may be the only retread that’s a realistic possibility that could also make the supposed “splash,” so if there’s anything at all to that, this is a scenario worth discussing.

Nod to Coogy…please give me your thoughts…..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes of course Jerry wins, but would it be enough to make Mike quit, and/or is that what Jerry may be trying to make happen?

Keep in mind that if Mike quits Jerry neither has to fire him or pay him. Five million shouldn’t matter but Jerry isn’t into eating the contracts of coaches, so I can see the petty angle.

What if Jerry insists Rex is the hire and Mike is dead set against it, which could certainly be plausible? How could you deal with a Rex Ryan hanging over you in your final year of a contract? That’s a tough pill to endure just to exist, let alone succeed. Feels like Wade/Garrett again.

Also, Rex may be the only retread that’s a realistic possibility that could also make the supposed “splash,” so if there’s anything at all to that, this is a scenario worth discussing.

I've never thought McCarthy had any control over who the DC is. Maybe so, but were there any news stories about McCarthy getting his choice of Quinn?

Jumbo075

Reaction score

What if the sun turns pink, and all the grass turns purple, and all humans grow gills so they can live under water?

fivetwos

Reaction score
You kidding? Jerry does what he wants, and Mikey knows it. Mikey is paid to shut up and let Jerry play w/ his toy.
We know Jerry does what he wants, but man how do you accept a DC that you are fully against on your walk year?

The whole thing just seems weird that Rex is a candidate and I’m maybe trying to make some sense of it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What if the sun turns pink, and all the grass turns purple, and all humans grow gills so they can live under water?
Well then I suppose Jerry Jones and his football circus wouldn’t much matter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yes, please give your thoughts....
lmao

fivetwos

Reaction score
MM has no authority.

Nor the fortitude to say anything if he doesn't agree.

This is his last NFL job, he will not make waves.
Yeah if wants the five mil, he shuts his mouth no matter what, but he had any stones….well then maybe we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
It won't matter because JJ calls the shots.
I get that. First line.

The question is if they fully disagree is enough to make Mike quit.

I’m also not saying I want that to happen or is the case.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've never thought McCarthy had any control over who the DC is. Maybe so, but were there any news stories about McCarthy getting his choice of Quinn?
Not sure but there’s definitely a difference when there’s four years left on MMs deal as opposed to one.

There’s a reason they attach a “lame duck” analogy to that, even if a guy like Rex Ryan isn’t breathing over your shoulder.

Mannix

Reaction score
I seriously just started a thread with one of these theories....you are in my head evidently....wow....creepy!!!