What if Jerry and MM don't agree on DC choice?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Every post on here seem sot show a lack of understanding of how this team operates.

Jerry is not making unilateral decisions, and neither is Mike.
A GROUP will meet any DC interviewee and then they will seek a consensus.
Jerry will break all ties.

If a Coach wanted full control over his staff he wouldn't ever take the Cowboys job or he'd force it written into his contract a la Parcells.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Yes of course Jerry wins, but would it be enough to make Mike quit, and/or is that what Jerry may be trying to make happen?

Keep in mind that if Mike quits Jerry neither has to fire him or pay him. Five million shouldn’t matter but Jerry isn’t into eating the contracts of coaches, so I can see the petty angle.

What if Jerry insists Rex is the hire and Mike is dead set against it, which could certainly be plausible? How could you deal with a Rex Ryan hanging over you in your final year of a contract? That’s a tough pill to endure just to exist, let alone succeed. Feels like Wade/Garrett again.

Also, Rex may be the only retread that’s a realistic possibility that could also make the supposed “splash,” so if there’s anything at all to that, this is a scenario worth discussing.

Nod to Coogy…please give me your thoughts…..
Mike is agreeable and that is why he is where he is now.

75boyz

Reaction score
Great question.
Exactly.
I know Nolan was McCarthy's choice. The whole Quinn hiring had and still has a bit of mystery surrounding who was the main instigator of getting him here.

Mikey don't do defense.
Just like Mikey don't do run game.

I could go on but I'll stop there to keep from being several pages.