1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

What if the Cowboys go WR over Kinlaw?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Verdict, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,109 Messages
    14,706 Likes Received
    How are you guys going to react if we draft a WR like Lamb if Kinlaw is on the board and available when we pick at #17. It could happen.

Furboy likes this.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,041 Messages
    54,662 Likes Received
    Kinlaw's knee ok? That's the big question.

I'm good with a WR but I'd be more concerned about passing on a CB actually.

3. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,316 Messages
    9,418 Likes Received
    I don't think either player will be available at #17.

I think it's imperative for us to grab a pass rusher in round 1, unless a top tier DB falls to us.

Pantone282C likes this.
  4. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,961 Messages
    25,735 Likes Received
    It’s hard to judge based off one pick. Because we could crush the rest of the draft and land a guy like Benito Jones, Davon Hamilton, Leki Fotu and I’m ok with it.

Just depends on the complete haul.

But Kinlaw won’t be there at 17.

Irvin88_4life, 817Gill and Proof like this.
  5. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

3,560 Messages
    4,245 Likes Received
    I Take Kinlaw first and then CJ Henderson,. After that I take Juedy or Ruggs One of those four needs to be a Cowboy...

6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

9,271 Messages
    13,179 Likes Received
    I just want them to take whoever's higher on their board.

Seems like, without exception, the Cowboys always get in trouble when letting need dictate them away from BPA.

7. 12+88=7

12+88=7 Well-Known Member

595 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Kinlaw has been the player I wanted before the McCoy and Poe signing. Even after those signings, if he is there you grab him. But it's a pipe dream as he won't be there.

After Kinlaw, I want a CB. If Henderson is there you pick him.

If neither are there I would go safety, McKinney.

There are many WRs in the later rounds that can fill Cobb's spot in the slot.

Furboy and RJ_MacReady like this.
  8. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

4,894 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    rather do that or corner!

9. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,340 Messages
    15,665 Likes Received
    mac, mcclay and Stephen will talk it over before making a decision.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  10. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

18,655 Messages
    15,307 Likes Received
    I doubt very much it will happen. Had they not signed Cooper I believe it would have been a real possibility, but I don't see them using a first round pick on what may be the #3 WR.

11. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    1,602 Likes Received
    If Lamb drops to 17 we need to draft him.

Macnalty and Irvin88_4life like this.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,446 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    I want Kinlaw over most prospects. Kids talented and has made his way into the nfl after being homeless. Feel good story

13. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,215 Messages
    1,336 Likes Received
    Why isn’t this in the gigantic WR draft thread?

14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,390 Messages
    7,535 Likes Received
    … ill answer this ,

if that happens then garett/marinelli was never the issue, its Jerry, stpehen ,or will ..

Its obvious to ALL that the defense is First so you tke the BPA Defense stud left on your board at 17 unless all 3 of those from DT, DE, S, or CB are gone and then a WR , maybe..but if they pick a WR over a Defender even if its a tie on BPA,

MM has zero control nd theres going to be the same old Star issues weve always had..

get the Defenders in rounds 1+2 round 3 you draft a slot speedy WR to replace cobb..that how this draft must go..

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country and Jarv like this.
  15. joshjwp

joshjwp Well-Known Member

447 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    There is no point in going WR in the first when what we need is just a WR3 and they can be had in like the 4th or 5th round of this draft. I will not be happy if we don't come out of the first with a defensive player. The pick should be Henderson, Kinlaw, McKinney or Chaisson (and that is probably my preferred order).

Techsass, Beaker42 and Tussinman like this.
  16. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,294 Messages
    7,862 Likes Received
    1000%

Draft BPA (within reason). Fill holes in FA with quality players and trades

17. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,294 Messages
    7,862 Likes Received
    impossible you nimrod. Only 100% is attainable

mortboy, Typhus and Techsass like this.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

28,186 Messages
    10,058 Likes Received
    We riot.

WR at 17 would be insane given they have a WR1 they just committed 20m per to and a WR2 who appears ready for Pro Bowl status.
    It would be the most shocking move since taking Zeke at 4 far surpassing moving on from Watt to Taco since we were told Watt was graded as a LB in the system.

The DTs are all essentially on 1/2 year deals.

Kinlaw won't be there imho but you don't ever pass DT when he's board value.
    On every level football DTs are VERY hard to find.

PJTHEDOORS, CowboyRoy and Beaker42 like this.
  19. freemanjc19

freemanjc19 Member

66 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I'm not an emotional guy, I don't care who they draft in what order as long as he is a baller and not a JG type of guy. I'm so used to getting disappointed with their draft philosophy that I'm now immune. However, I think this year draft is going to completely different than the last 10 years. I don't think anyone is expecting what will be revealed on draft day. Its evident MM is making sweeping changes in personnel and his history shows he likes WR, CB's early!

20. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    I would go defense, defense, defense and defense in the first 4 rounds...if Kinlaw is there you take him and don't look back...