What If the Cowboys moved?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same exactly.

It's not Texas Cowboys.

The Yankees are The New York Yankees.

The lakers already left Minnesota.... back in the day...

Detroit i agree.

I know the Lakers left Minnesota, but after Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Wilt, Kobe, "Showtime," etc., there's no way — short of Armageddon — that the Lakers leave LA.

If it further makes the point, imagine the Celtics or Sox leaving Boston. Ain't happening.

IMO, the Cowboys are Dallas (well, DFW), and the two are synonymous. And if by some insane reason, it were to happen, I'd imagine that somehow the NFL would institute the Browns example where all the logos, records, colors, etc. stay in Dallas.

And for the value of the logo alone, I'd imagine that NO OWNER would abandon Dallas…it's one of the most recognizable symbols (not just in sports) in all the world, and it's monetary value is off the charts.

It'd be like McDonald's abandoning the golden arches.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well the Cowboys lost a Heartbreaker last week. We are all trying to get over the loss and look forward. I am very hopeful of what the future brings.

Speaking of the future, I had hypothetical question: Would you still follow the Cowboys if they moved to a different state? I ask because my Charger fan cousin just had his heart ripped out. He won't cheer for a team associated with L.A.

It's never going to happen. 110 percent not possible. Curious more than anything else.
Ok you ask if they move to a different state, but your example is of a team that stays in state, but moves to a city a few hours away.

To answer your question based on your example, the San Antonio Cowboys sound pretty darned sweet and appropriate.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I know the Lakers left Minnesota, but after Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Wilt, Kobe, "Showtime," etc., there's no way — short of Armageddon — that the Lakers leave LA.

If it further makes the point, imagine the Celtics or Sox leaving Boston. Ain't happening.

IMO, the Cowboys are Dallas (well, DFW), and the two are synonymous. And if by some insane reason, it were to happen, I'd imagine that somehow the NFL would institute the Browns example where all the logos, records, colors, etc. stay in Dallas.

And for the value of the logo alone, I'd imagine that NO OWNER would abandon Dallas…it's one of the most recognizable symbols (not just in sports) in all the world, and it's monetary value is off the charts.

It'd be like McDonald's abandoning the golden arches.

I hear ya.
It ain't happening....

Just... never say never ;-)