What If the Cowboys moved?

vicjagger

Reaction score
I have been a die hard fan of the Cowboys since the 60s and have never been to Texas. Probably would still follow them even if they moved to Latvia.

BTW, how is Texas anyway? Got any good BBQ down there? Are the girls pretty? Any good golf courses? Maybe I'll retire there. Will I need some new boots and a special hat?

Eddie

Reaction score
If they moved to a different state, changed their uniforms and helmets, and took on a new nickname ... I would cease to follow them.

I would have no idea who I would root for. Definitely not the Giants ...

StylisticS

Reaction score
Speaking of moving teams how bout this for the AFC?
It will never happen...yes I know.

Miami to the South....just like Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are nuff said.
Baltimore to the East...Baltimore used to be in the east so just put them back.
Indianapolis to the North...Indianapolis is more north than Cincinnati so it works.
NFC and AFC West looks good to me. Dallas is like cemented in the NFC East for all eternity.

East
New England
New York
Buffalo
Baltimore

West
Denver
Kansas City
San Diego
Oakland

North
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Indianapolis

South
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Miami

:)
Dallas is in the NFC East for eternity for the same reason the Jets and Dolphins are in the same division eternally. You can't break those two up. Miami also has a good rivalry with Buffalo as well. The Marino/Kelly days are long long gone though. Also, break up Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Pfft.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I started a thread similar to this last year the day the Rams officially announced moving to L.A........even though we just came off a 4-12 season, I realized how proud and lucky I was to be a die-hard fan of a team that'll never happen to. Because I grew up in DFW so hypothetically, if they ceased to be the DALLAS Cowboys theres no way I would still root for them.......MAYBE if they just went to Austin and became the Texas Cowboys lol....but then as soon as Dallas got another team Id be rooting for them from day 1....but again, I dont think theres ever been a more impossibly frivolous topic. Im sure one day we'll CEASE to be, whether its the end of the world or just the end of the NFL, but we will never MOVE......

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
random, but my wife's family lives in Lincoln, and we just visited them there last summer. They want us to move up there, which will never happen in an unlimited number of lifetimes.

I can vouch for them that Nebraska is a really nice part of the country. In both Lincoln and Omaha traffic are light, and they're surprisingly beautiful cities and people are friendly. It's way the hell colder than Texas though (but still warmer than places like Minnesota and Wisconsin).

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I can vouch for them that Nebraska is a really nice part of the country. In both Lincoln and Omaha traffic are light, and they're surprisingly beautiful cities and people are friendly. It's way the hell colder than Texas though (but still warmer than places like Minnesota and Wisconsin).
Living in Omaha, I can say traffic is better then in the DFW, at least in my experience coming down yearly, the cold here is my biggest complaint lol. If the team were to move it might depend on were they went, Cali, then I would be done, might have to jump on the KC band wagon

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I don't know and I guess it depends on which city they moved to and if they keep the Cowboys name.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I live in Miami so I'd follow the team anywhere it goes. It will never happen but if the team decides to just do a complete makeover something like the San Antonio Mockingbirds or whatnot I'd probably think twice..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if the Commanders moved to Dallas and the Cowboys moved to D.C. and they swapped names?

See. I just rocked your world with that.

CWR

Reaction score
I can take my Dad as an example. He was a long time fan of the Baltimore Colts. He grew up with Johnny Unitas et al. When they moved he stopped following them. For many years he would root for the Giants or Bills. He was born in NY but didn't passionately follow either team. When Baltimore got the Ravens he became a Ravens fan. To this day he hates the Colts.

Yep and if you followed the Cowboys to wherever they went only to have another team come back to Dallas years later that would certainly become confusing lol. Im sure Id follow them, what else would I do, stop footballing?

CWR

Reaction score
Who else would I root for exactly?

A bigger question is if I moved, would I still root for the Cowboys? My main motivation for rooting for the Cowboys is 1) because I was indoctrinated to do so, 2) because you get more intense coverage of the local team living in the team's area (especially pre-Internet) and 3) because if I want to go to the game, and I do love going to the games, these are the games I can go to easily.
If I relocated to say, Jacksonville, I am not 100% sure why I wouldn't become a Jaguars fan (well, besides the obvious horrible quality). At some point I am going to want to go and root for the home team. At some point even the players that I currently like on the team will retire, and the team will just be a bunch of guys on an another team I have no attachment to. Sitting in Jacksonville watching one Cowboys game every 8 years and saying I'm a Cowboys fan is going to seem hollow to me. I don't love Jerry that much.

Thats what Sunday ticket is for. There will always be attrition and you will become attached to new players as the old ones leave. I couldn't imagine quiting the Cowboys simply because they werent in a convenient driving distance to me.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Living in Omaha, I can say traffic is better then in the DFW, at least in my experience coming down yearly, the cold here is my biggest complaint lol. If the team were to move it might depend on were they went, Cali, then I would be done, might have to jump on the KC band wagon

"cold"

that's where the sale is lost for me, lol.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am a Laker fan. Once called the Minneapolis Lakers. Heck, the Dodgers were once the Brooklyn Dodgers. Myself, I follow the Cowboys because of the star, not because of where they play.

Hardline

Reaction score
I only support home teams that I have a local or state affiliation with. I don't get why most people here are Cowboys fans since they have no local or state affiliation with them.
I will never support for any team outside of Texas. If the Cowboys move out of state I would be finished with them.
At least I know my two favorite college teams will never move. The Longhorns and the Horned Frogs.

Last edited: