What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
This team could win the Super Bowl and half this board would be saying it doesn’t mean anything if they can’t repeat.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I am having a blast this season. We have won 10 games and have obliterated our divisional rivals in 4 out of 5 of the games. Undefeated at home, (mostly) healthy, good play from the offense and defense. Kicker that hasn't missed a FG was a happy surprise as well.

I've just watched this team time and time again rip out my soul in January, so it's almost like mentally preparing for the inevitable. I also was too young when Dallas won Super Bowl XXX, so I am not even sure what a Super Bowl celebration even looks like.

I will say though, something does feel different about this squad though.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's better than getting exciting and come to the realization that nothing has changed. That's happened to me many times. Not going to happen to me again. If they win a division game and make it to the NFCCG or SB I will be as happy as everybody else.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Man, some of y'all worry WAY too much about what strangers think, or say on a message board. Yes, you're wrong, and honestly I'd find a therapist and dig deep into why you're so worried about that type of stuff.
You should aim that therapy recommendation back at yourself. I do not "worry" about anyone or anything. I THINK about things. It's what the brain is designed for so I try to use it in the manner for which it was intended. If you choose not to no biggie. This is just how I roll.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
You should aim that therapy recommendation back at yourself. I do not "worry" about anyone or anything. I THINK about things. It's what the brain is designed for so I try to use it in the manner for which it was intended. If you choose not to no biggie. This is just how I roll.
You took the time to make a thread about it. You're obviously bothered by it. How does it affect your life? This is just a sad thread.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's better than getting exciting and come to the realization that nothing has changed. That's happened to me many times. Not going to happen to me again. If they win a division game and make it to the NFCCG or SB I will be as happy as everybody else.
So are you allowing yourself to enjoy what you're seeing though? That's really what I'm talking about. Winning the Super Bowl is going to take a million different things breaking your way. But for the first time in forever I see a team that CAN win the Super Bowl. It has a top shelf QB, a top shelf defense, a top shelf receiver and for the first time in a very long time.. a top shelf coach. I am not afraid to get excited about what this team can do. Even if they don't get to the promised land I can still enjoy what I am seeing and know that they're going to be in position to get there for several years to come!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fans being Debbie Downers as much as its fans being cautious. The fan base has been burned repeatedly the past 28 years. The postseason disappointments have taken its toll on the fan base. We’re all hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. It’s going to be a very difficult road to the Super Bowl having to play on the road. The Cowboys are 3-3 on the road this season. The team has only won one game on grass this season. Without at least one home playoff game it’s going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys to reach the Super Bowl.

rambo2

Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
It is so funny. This is such an exciting season with the Cowboys having record breaking performances week after week and we still have negative people. I'm getting more excited every day. Just an awesome season. No matter what happens going forward, the Cowboys should win the 1st playoff game and will be contending.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So are you allowing yourself to enjoy what you're seeing though? That's really what I'm talking about. Winning the Super Bowl is going to take a million different things breaking your way. But for the first time in forever I see a team that CAN win the Super Bowl. It has a top shelf QB, a top shelf defense, a top shelf receiver and for the first time in a very long time.. a top shelf coach. I am not afraid to get excited about what this team can do. Even if they don't get to the promised land I can still enjoy what I am seeing and know that they're going to be in position to get there for several years to come!

What, are you prejudice? You have everyone "top shelf" except for our kicker! lol.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was very excited Sunday night after we beat the Eagles. It's like baby steps. If we beat Buffalo on the road I'll be excited. I'll actually start to see that things might be different. In the back of my mind though I keep thinking that we might be the second best team in the NFL but the best team are the 49ers and we will probably have to beat them to get to a SB. If we beat them in the NFCCG I will be ecstatic. I don't think it would ruin my enjoyment of what has happened. I remember how I felt when we won the SB in 1992. No better feeling in sports and that was after 15 years. I expect the feeling this time will feel a whole lot better because of what we had to overcome.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is so funny. This is such an exciting season with the Cowboys having record breaking performances week after week and we still have negative people. I'm getting more excited every day. Just an awesome season. No matter what happens going forward, the Cowboys should win the 1st playoff game and will be contending.
Dude, the Cowboys could have never won a game this season and you would still get excited. You should actually apply for the Rowdy position.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fans being Debbie Downers as much as its fans being cautious. The fan base has been burned repeatedly the past 28 years. The postseason disappointments have taken its toll on the fan base. We’re all hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. It’s going to be a very difficult road to the Super Bowl having to play on the road. The Cowboys are 3-3 on the road this season. The team has only won one game on grass this season. Without at least one home playoff game it’s going to be a huge challenge for the Cowboys to reach the Super Bowl.
The Cowboys have the best record in the league and could have the best record at the end of the season as well. They are good enough.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dude, the Cowboys could have never won a game this season and you would still get excited. You should actually apply for the Rowdy position.
Lol, you should get a job or be studying to improve your grades.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm loving this season!! It's been a fun ride and I have enjoyed it very much up to this point. Of course there were some blunders, i,e, San Francisco game, but that's the NFL for you.

I get it. This team has a history of letting us down. I think it's OK to be cautiously optimistic though. It still allows you to enjoy the ride. The regular season is probably something like 85% (I'm just throwing out a loose percentage here assuming playoffs) of the season. What a shame that would be not to enjoy that chunk of it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?
there will be those who will not give credit to Dak. they will say it was the defense. or anyone could have done it. or it was a simplified offense because Dak can't run anything sophisticated. they would say it was the WRs, the TE, the opposing team choking. they will take a few plays of missed passes to say why Dak sucks and he can't read a defense because he missed a WR or a pass was slightly low or slightly high.

they will not be enjoying if that happens. they will be misreable inside. for them its Bash Dak Over Dallas is all that matters.