What if this team wins it all and you were too busy being Debbie Downer to enjoy it till the very end?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Undefeated and Super Bowl or bust for some folks smh
This team played in 15 conference title games and 8 Super Bowls in their first 35 years. They've won 4 wild card games the last 28 years.

Undefeated and Super Bowl or bust? I'd settle for winning a divisional round game for the first time since I was still in my 30s. Too much?

Grenic

Reaction score
This team played in 15 conference title games and 8 Super Bowls in their first 35 years. They've won 4 wild card games the last 28 years.

Undefeated and Super Bowl or bust? I'd settle for winning a divisional round game for the first time since I was still in my 30s. Too much?

:bow:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

A lot of fans sure make excuses for why this team continually comes up short.

starfan1

Reaction score
Even prior to that pathetic showing if you looked at this team and felt like they are going to beat San Fran without a bunch of breaks your fooling yourself

If your standard is SB or bust you may be disappointed if it’s enjoying the game and journey then stay tuned

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This season has overall been very enjoyable and will continue to be, but, I have to be honest, I don’t think we’re good enough when all the dust settles. Doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy watching the rest of the games. After all, it is just a game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Even prior to that pathetic showing if you looked at this team and felt like they are going to beat San Fran without a bunch of breaks your fooling yourself

If your standard is SB or bust you may be disappointed if it’s enjoying the game and journey then stay tuned
The 'winning everything' isnt the ultimate goal, most of us would love to get into the play-offs with a decent chance to compete (in most any scenario). This perpetual inability to overcome anything out of the expected (Bills running the ball, SF playing press-man defense), teams that have Lines that can stand (and compete) and our veterans unable to carry/raise the team on the field is becoming etched into this franchise's culture.

starfan1

Reaction score
The 'winning everything' isnt the ultimate goal, most of us would love to get into the play-offs with a decent chance to compete (in most any scenario). This perpetual inability to overcome anything out of the expected (Bills running the ball, SF playing press-man defense), teams that have Lines that can stand (and compete) and our veterans unable to carry/raise the team on the field is becoming etched into this franchise's culture.
I get it !
The FO belief that they have the necessary talent is part of the problem
They do just enough to relevant
This isn’t saying that the results will be different this year but it’s just 1 game

Reading this board after a loss like yesterday is comical

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If your standard is SB or bust you may be disappointed
I am 100% super bowl or bust and I'm not afraid to admit it. If that isn't your goal then why are you playing the game? As far as whether or not a fan like me will be disappointed - that depends on whether you actually believed they had a chance to get there or not. I didn't, even when they were beating the crap out of the worst teams of the league.

When they fail to make it to the NFCCG or super bowl for the 28th straight year I won't be disappointed. It's what this team is. They're a lot of hype from the owner with a few empty promises from the players like Dak sprinkled on the side.

starfan1

Reaction score
I am 100% super bowl or bust and I'm not afraid to admit it. If that isn't your goal then why are you playing the game? As far as whether or not a fan like me will be disappointed - that depends on whether you actually believed they had a chance to get there or not. I didn't, even when they were beating the crap out of the worst teams of the league.

When they fail to make it to the NFCCG or super bowl for the 28th straight year I won't be disappointed. It's what this team is. They're a lot of hype from the owner with a few empty promises from the players like Dak sprinkled on the side.
So your solution is to whine about something you completely expect? Ok

I think you care more than you lead on and you have to stay loyal to your schtick

We don’t play the game we observe entertainment . We played the game many years ago now we are couch potatoes hoping for the best
And we still have a chance every week gives a chance

Last edited:

Surfguy

Reaction score
Hold on! Hold up a minute! We are men, right? So, wouldn’t I be an Eddie Downer?

th

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We may want it but we are no more deserving than the other 31 franchises. Jerry hasnt managed the salary cap era well at all but just because we got 5 rings in 25 years and 8 chances prior to to 95 at it really means nothing. You could be a Lions fan or a Browns fan and never lifted the lombardi

enjoy the ride we have had very few years of downright stinkage.This team is special it may not be as special as San Fran well see but this is a good team and will be for the forseeable future
As I said this team cannot stop the run or run the ball to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We see a lot of posts from people spouting the curmudgeonly doctrine that "it doesn't count until the playoffs." That got me to thinking.. Are those people not able to enjoy what this team is doing right now? I would totally hate for this team to end up hoisting the Lombardi and all I could remember about how they got there was how miserable I was waiting for it to happen.

Am I wrong guys?
You're right it's a very short season with a very long off season you have to enjoy it but in my opinion the regular season it's completely different from the postseason so in that kind of way it really doesn't count so that way it lost last night doesn't hurt me as much because I know it doesn't carry over we made the playoffs already I'm happy and now I'm ready for the playoffs to start even though I realize we have to play these last three games...

So I use the logic you don't get too high on the winds and too low on the losses you're here because you want to qualify for the playoffs and that's done now you gotta try to fight and scratch to a better seeding... I know the division feels like it's out of reach but you still have hope.... If Philly wins tonight you can write that off but either way I'm still very satisfied right now with the regular season because this will be the third straight year of double digit wins the third straight year playoffs and people who are complaining about that really need to relive all those five and eleven seasons..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You really don't need to be a Debbie Downer, as soon as you start believing the team does that for you.
LOL! Come on man.. Are we really that fragile as a fan base that one bad game has us reaching for the cyanide pills? I guess I'm just not wired that way. I hate losing as much as the next person.. probably more because I have actual vivid memories of getting knocked out of the playoffs in my last game in high school. Have you any idea what it felt like to think "this could be the last game I ever play and it has to end like this?" Then I still recall losing to Yale my freshman year despite what was probably my best game of my college life. Those emotions, 40+ years old are still as strong and raw as if they happened yesterday. But I also know that I aint suitin up for the Cowboys .. so as hard as I take their losses.. they aint nothin compared to what I felt like losing in games that I actually played in. Or games that I coached my son in.. or just games that I coached period. Maybe that's what saves me from calling the suicide line every time the Cowboys lose.. the fact that I've actually experienced real losses in real games that I was a part of.